• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much time do we realistically think an adjournment would buy him? You'd expect the judge to want him back in court within a few weeks surely, especially after stating that it would be dismissed by sale or by himself by the July date.

It really should be completed today if it is going to go through before the hearing right? Giving time to make necessary payments and notifications tomorrow etc?
Not sure it needs to be completed today, but if proof is shown a deal is agreed and being signed then hopefully that would be enough, if not then I guess we can still sign the contracts on Wednesday morning at the latest

In all fairness? Wolfy is Jack Martin, Ron Martin’s son! He’s been in the room for every conversation so he bloody well should know what’s going on! All that bull**** from him about wanting Ron gone and being a fan was a smokescreen.

His real intention was to turn the heat up on Kimura by questioning their funding, capability, their own ownership structures and that bollocks about the Cayman Islands (which is bollocks - he was fed that on purpose so he would expose himself by using it - which he duly did).
Hilarious! Just shows how amateur the Martin family are. Looks like I was too close for comfort when he called me out on Twitter for my comment on here that he was parroting Ron’s narrative. I just wish now that I’d been less diplomatic in my subsequent exchange with him on Twitter :Scared:

Last edited:
It really should be completed today if it is going to go through before the hearing right? Giving time to make necessary payments and notifications tomorrow etc?
if it was you or I - yes. But this is 'fly by the seat of your pants' Uncle Ron Martin we're talking about

And all the value has gone
To be honest, if you are Kimura, you then get to pick up a cut-price club a few league below where they originally were, which lets be honest you could steam-roll through in a few years and have minimal expense in terms of wages. The vast majority of us would still turn up to watch despite what league we are in, especially if we were winning week-in, week-out.

Surely, even if there was another bidder in the back ground somewhere, they would still have to do their own DD, and seeing that a previous party pulled out due to inconsistences in accounts, then they, as the new bidding party would also be very very cautious about what could be hidden away, and then be in the situation as the previous bidders.
And again, Ron not budging, and again another party walks away.
Ron must realise this.

Rm clings on club go under. Martin still has roots hall. No one so far has answered this question. Can he sell RH for housing if there is no club. If he can why does he need the football club.

Just to make it clear, I have absolutely no clue what is going on, and I am in no way part of the ITK group. I am just as concerned as everyone else. However, I think there is a further, probably hidden dimension at play here.

Kimura are an FCA regulated business, with incredibly high levels of oversight, responsibilities and legal obligations as part of this. Read into this what you will...

Shall we go and March on his house out some of our pressure on him ??? Naaaaaaa we don’t care that much
No , people don’t want that as it might make the local paper.

Now ….Occupy RootsHall would be a different approach , especially as the people who haven’t been paid might leave the keys in the gates as revenge???
That would make the nationals

To be honest, if you are Kimura, you then get to pick up a cut-price club a few league below where they originally were, which lets be honest you could steam-roll through in a few years and have minimal expense in terms of wages. The vast majority of us would still turn up to watch despite what league we are in, especially if we were winning week-in, week-out.
Thats if they want a club that low. Right now they get a club who (if it loses no more players and can add a few good ones) is primed for a promotion challenge. Back in the 2nd division and they have doubled their value almost. With a club further down more players would have gone and we would be far less an attractive proposition.

Last edited:
Rm clings on club go under. Martin still has roots hall. No one so far has answered this question. Can he sell RH for housing if there is no club. If he can why does he need the football club.
Roots Hall cannot be demolished until there is a another stadium built for a football club which holds more than 13k or something along those lines. That's my understanding. Of course if the club were to go under and no phoenix club was formed within a few years then that may change. Although surely very unlikely

The value in the club is found in its current state. National League, within touching distance of the EFL. No ambitious owner wants an Isthmian/ESL club.

Some good players on the books that might see us back into the Football League if combined with some decent new signings.

Potential to have a top class training ground and quality new stadium.

A hardy following of 5-6k fans even throughout the worst years. Potential for that to grow massively if fortunes turn.

Martin will simply not get a better offer this side of Wednesday for the club.

After Wednesday, one has to wonder how much value in the deal will be wiped off by the repercussions of failing to strike a deal. That's assuming we are granted a temporary stay of execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back