• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rm clings on club go under. Martin still has roots hall. No one so far has answered this question. Can he sell RH for housing if there is no club. If he can why does he need the football club.

There is a planning condition in place that he can’t build on RH until the stadium is, in the main, completed at FF. if the club goes there would need to be a change to those conditions which SBC would need to agree to. If they did I can imagine a legal challenge coming from the Shrimpers Trust and anyone else with a vested interest in the club which would cost Martin time and money. For me he needs to club to survive or his total development at RH and FF potentially vanishes

Last edited:
If Kimura aren't wiping the floor with the haven't a tin-pot to p*** in Martin family then IMHO they aren't the right people to buy the club.

I've been involved in a few buy-outs & investment deals in my many years of bean-counting & little of this one makes much sense without being a full package. Don't forget original FF plans had some elements of enabling development creating other revenue streams that now don't exist.

At the end of the day SUFC itself is a loss making entity & deals splitting this or that element out won't help as all that's left is a "manifestly insolvent" football club. Who would buy that?
Let's just hope that the judge on Wednesday doesn't see it that way.

Wolfy is not Jack Martin, unless Jack Martin was a fan of the club long before his father got involved - his knowledge of early 90s players is too good - and unless his politics is very different to his father’s.

Now Wolfy’s main source may well be Jack Martin.

But the stuff about Caymans and about conflicts of interest with the agents are questions I have about Kimura and I have no inside source and came up with them independently. You don’t need to be Ron’s son to wonder how would a Sports Agency with professional footballers on their books work with a controlling stake in the club or wonder where they money is coming from when the UK entity doesn’t have it. These are the type of basic stuff that anyone with experience of buying and selling companies would be familiar with. And just because there are questions it doesn’t mean there aren’t satisfactory answers. But you have to ask questions in order to get those satisfactory answers. There’s still lots we don’t know about Kimura. It may all be fine (and I hope it is) but people are currently guessing that Kimura are rather than knowing they are. They are taking things on trust, assuming because Ron is bad Kimura must be good but life doesn’t necessarily work that way. Kimura might be good and I hope they are but it doesn’t hurt to keep an open mind and ask a few questions.

Rm clings on club go under. Martin still has roots hall. No one so far has answered this question. Can he sell RH for housing if there is no club. If he can why does he need the football club.
Been answered a few times on this and other threads

Roots Hall cannot be demolished until there is a another stadium built for a football club which holds more than 13k or something along those lines. That's my understanding. Of course if the club were to go under and no phoenix club was formed within a few years then that may change. Although surely very unlikely
Im aware WR about ff must up and running but with no club and rm offering council a deal on housing its not to much of a stretch to see that as a way out for RM

Very little would surprise me at this point.

Let's take the conjecture out of it and look at the facts -

Wednesday is a deadline set by the Court. If Kimura haven't bought it by then, then Ron needs to have raised enough money from other sources to have paid off all parties associated with the WUP. This includes the £1.5m issue that came up over the DD period (which is fact; not conjecture) so Ron has got to raise a lot more than he would have had to have done.

Wednesday is also a deadline set by Kimura. If they haven't bought it by then, they walk away.

If Kimura buy it we are saved, at least in the short to medium term. All debts paid, place in NL confirmed. All good.

If Ron decides to go for an adjournment, he may pass up Kimura and go for the other bidder (there is one; that's a fact) but it's unlikely that it will be done by Wednesday. It may not be done in time to prevent the NL taking action and there's no guarantee a judge will agreed to it either.

In other words, all options are on the table and time is running out.

To quote Roy Kent (for the Ted Lasso fans) - FAAAAAAAACCCCKKKK
And if the NL do kick us out, what exactly does Ron think the other interested party will do? I'm sure they'd say 'thanks, but no thanks' or table a massively reduced bid (which I doubt they'd do). He really is playing with fire and the future of our club.

Didn't Ron go away on holiday at exactly the same time Wolfy had his holiday/Twitter break? Family Butlins deal?

• Haha
Reactions: TJC
To be honest, if you are Kimura, you then get to pick up a cut-price club a few league below where they originally were, which lets be honest you could steam-roll through in a few years and have minimal expense in terms of wages.
I think that you are making a lot of very big assumptions there, for two main reasons :

a) buying your way out of the NL would require a lot more than "minimal" expense. It's a League full of clubs who are very experienced when it comes to making a little go a long way

b) your immediate football challenge (assuming Wednesday passes off well) is to compete off the back a pre-season that has been utterly shambolic. Maher may well be talented enough to pull this off. But the chances are that consolidation is all that can be done in 23/24

Sorry, May have missed this in the 11,000+ messages..

How much is the debt that needs to be settled on Wednesday and is it just HMRC or the other firms like PG Skips who added to the list last time?

I guess we havet paid tax since so there would be another court date on the horizon?

If all this is true it just goes to show that the whole Martin clan is as bent as a othwer chairman we has that ended up doing time inside . The martin family should be brought to task .They have lied and cheated there way through the whole of the time invovled in the club .And if anyone should be put in the slamer they should .

If a reduced DD offer from Kimura is considered by the judge to be sufficient enough to meet the WUP obligations and take things forward, could he force Ron to sell to Kimura if he believes the court is being strung along with delaying tactics?

That might be something he could do eventually but not quickly I would have thought. The council are unlikely to let RH go derelict. Too many flats and houses at stake.

How much is the debt that needs to be settled on Wednesday and is it just HMRC or the other firms like PG Skips who added to the list last time?

I guess we havet paid tax since so there would be another court date on the horizon?
£250k for HMRC

I cannot believe you decided not to wade through 11,650+ posts to find this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back