• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s looking like a classic keyboard warrior - loves to dish out negative comments about others but wafer-thin skinned when challenged.
Totally agree Spiff. Wolfy is a prime example of how Twitter breeds 'look at me' characters. He may well have snippets of info, but so what. The predilection of some to know who Wolfy really is quite amusing. I actually don't give a ****. Just sell the club Ron and let's get back to discussing football and how we played, remember that anyone?

Totally agree Spiff. Wolfy is a prime example of how Twitter breeds 'look at me' characters. He may well have snippets of info, but so what. The predilection of some to know who Wolfy really is quite amusing. I actually don't give a ****. Just sell the club Ron and let's get back to discussing football and how we played, remember that anyone?
Going off topic, but since we're trying to get to a billion posts, isn't that the same with all social media - I don't think I see twitter as being significantly worse

Reactions: JD
Back on topic now please everyone, and that includes me.

I know its not the most relevant thing, but does anyone have a link to an old news story maybe for the 21,000 stadium plan Kimura are supposedly pushing for?

I'm all for not having the flats on top of the stadium, I hated them since they were added but there's been so many iterations that I'm not sure which one it actually is.

I don’t think it’s the money, the rumour is Ron won’t back down from the 16k seats with additional housing but Kimura want the 21k stadium

I know its not the most relevant thing, but does anyone have a link to an old news story maybe for the 21,000 stadium plan Kimura are supposedly pushing for?

I'm all for not having the flats on top of the stadium, I hated them since they were added but there's been so many iterations that I'm not sure which one it actually is.

It has become confusing but if remember right there was flats also included in the 21,000 plan. They were more like two tower blocks

I much prefer that design. If the sale of the club alone goes through this week and Kimura do want the 21k stadium , we should all write to the council to try to stop the application for the 16k one. RM just wants flat city there with the stadium as a by product.

Kimura don’t have the ££££
I don't think it's anything to do with the money, moreso how much paperwork and DD would have to be completed. I am sure it is a much bigger hurdle than just the club for them to overcome and will take months to sort.. There is little point in Kimura just buying the club alone,

Post in thread 'SUFC up for sale'
http://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/post-2618424

21k seater version inclusive of main North stand hotel and valid planning consent. ⬇️

southend_united_stadium22k.jpg

16k seater version with no hotel, 42 extra main North stand residential units and no planning consent. ⬇️

C_300_BOWL_V003.jpg

I personally could not give a flying whatever to what is attached to the new ground, flats, hotel or whatever. The important thing is the facilities inside the ground so that the club can utilise them to break even or make a profit. Externally White Hart Lane is pretty ordinary. Inside it is fantastic. Can also remember when fans on here were saying capacity over 10000 was a waste of time. We're a fickle lot. Possibly the most important thing whatever the capacity is whether 17000 or 21000 is that if needed it can be increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back