• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I heard somewhere, possibly here, that the council were retrospectively concerned about the current plans and traffic and it might not have passed is submitted today. Did I dream that? Either way, it's granted so as long as we don't let it lapse again, should be good to go?
Well yes. But the 14000 seater version has a few hundred more flats. That’s not passed.

Agreed. On another note this Wolfy, despite being superficially anti Ron, has made so many anti Kimura tweets recently that I’ve come round to others thoughts that he’s close to the Ron camp. He’s got far too many hanging on his every word and fawning over him, ignore please!
I reckon he’s jez moxey ex wolves man and collymore mate who’s well on the inside of those selling and those buying ..

Last edited:
I suspect he isn’t actually an insider but has better contacts than most. Parroting the Ron line means his main source is likely at the club.
To be fair though. I think both sides see this differently. And where they see it the same they put spin out that’s different to aid their side. I don’t think, excluding 2 or 3 on here who are exceptionally careful (and exceptional) anyone is to be trusted here.

Wolfy’s called me out on Twitter… I’ve asked him for clarification on who he is and what his interest is, I won’t hold my breath. Just seen he’s quoting you too bazza!

Wolfy’s called me out on Twitter… I’ve asked him for clarification on who he is and what his interest is, I won’t hold my breath. Just seen he’s quoting you too bazza!
Yeah. He seems to have forgotten a tweet. It’s probably deleted now but I won’t go try to find it. Anyway. He does know some stuff, but I trust a few more posters on here much more. And then Stan / Awooga too.

I notice he’s just called you out too Spiffy! He doesn’t like any criticism, I’m wondering if he’s actually Ron:Smile2:
Anyway. I’ve been at headingly today (or a pub til 4pm). News before lunch was to do with a split purchase. Awooga liked a message earlier about them not taking a crazy risk - so I think if that goes through, gets the club out of a hole, the bigger deal will complete soon. Let’s cross everything and hope that happens in the next 72 hours

Kimura will walk if Ron carries on playing silly buggers and so they should. No one in their right mind would give Ron money without going through everything with a fine-toothed comb.

We need them (or someone else equally fastidious) to buy the club because all the cowboy stuff RM has gotten away with over the years can finally start to be tidied up. Ron, as has always been the case, is the single biggest obstacle to the success of Southend United.

Ron still wants his millions back. Split purchase of club and housing. Apparently ron holding back details on his side yet requiring kimura to offer all financial details. Hold on to your helmets for the 12th. I think it's going to go down to the wire and some horse trading on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back