• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the main priority here HAS to be the club. Forget the stadium for now, we have 2 working days to pay the footballing creditors. I personally think that, if true, this is a really smart move from all involved. Let’s get the club out of the mire first, make sure we have a fighting chance of doing well this season, and then go from there. Gives them more time for DD on the development and ensures we actually have a Southend United worthy of filling the new stadium

If this happens with the best interests of the club at heart, allowing the football side of the operation to move forward and the business/stadium side of things to happen properly and with the right outcome for long term stability rather than rushed through…then ok.

It’s not the ideal outcome, but we are in a far from ideal situation. So being pragmatic then this might just be the best thing FOR NOW.

I'm really not comfortable or excited about the prospective conclusion of a semi-completed takeover. It guarantees Ron is still around and will remain a huge factor in our future. There is no protection for our club to stop Kimura walking away a year from now because they can't get what they want from FF. Ron is backed into a corner at the moment and he still isn't backing down. Why on earth would he back down further down the line when the ball and chain of a football club has already been removed? He will be in a much better position to negotiate/demand what he wants when that time comes.

Yes, our immediate future might look better because the embargo may be lifted and we can start thinking about the football, but in no way can we celebrate without any substantial guarantees of our long term future. This apparent forthcoming takeover doesn't fill me with huge confidence. It certainly won't make the stay-away fans flock back in droves to buy season cards.

It certainly won't make the stay-away fans flock back in droves to buy season cards.
I disagree - I think it will. Ron Martin will no longer be involved in any way shape or form with the footballing side of the club. That will be a MASSIVE boost to anyone involved with SUFC.

And to be honest, whether we have 16k or 21k, will we ever need more than either of those capacities, and whatever it will be, will be considerably better that Roots Hall which despite the sentiments attached to it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer the 21k seater but I’m going to be just as excited when the time comes to move into the 16k.

I dont think anyone is happy with this scenario, buts where we are with the time left until 12th July. Let's get the club sorted so we can have a team next season

Somebody's been reading SZ.

Kimura don’t have the ££££
They've shown, and had accepted, proof of funds several times.

I'm really not comfortable or excited about the prospective conclusion of a semi-completed takeover. It guarantees Ron is still around and will remain a huge factor in our future.

Yes, our immediate future might look better because the embargo may be lifted and we can start thinking about the football, but in no way can we celebrate without any substantial guarantees of our long term future.
This the problem with the web that RM has woven. It's his fault that this deal is so complex. The stadium deal ideally needs time for more discussion. The football club side of things doesn't have that luxury of time. If this is the compromise that has to be made to save the club then so be it. It's not ideal but it is what it is. If they go down this route, I'm sure Kimura will make sure they're covered.

To be honest if we can have a season too look forward too and get up and running with better people then I don't think this is a bad scenario, kimura would of surely pulled out by now if they had given up. We can have a team to watch and enjoy (hopefully) and let the business side and stadium stuff carry on in the background, I mean the stadium stuff has taken years and still nothing so a bit longer won't make no difference to me

Somebody's been reading SZ.

They've shown, and had accepted, proof of funds several times.

This the problem with the web that RM has woven. It's his fault that this deal is so complex. The stadium deal ideally needs time for more discussion. The football club side of things doesn't have that luxury of time. If this is the compromise that has to be made to save the club then so be it. It's not ideal but it is what it is. If they go down this route, I'm sure Kimura will make sure they're covered.
I totally agree that it takes time and was always going to. That's why it was unbelievable when some fans thought the deal would get completed in a matter of a few weeks.

Your last point is what worries me. As you say, they will have an escape plan but that only helps them if Ron doesn't play ball. We will still be stuck in limbo with no owner if they walk away due to FF falling through. One could argue that Ron holds all the cards by going down this route. The money-sapping club is taken off his hands and he still has his housing project in tact. That's a far greater position than right now, with debts coming out of his ears and a club to his name that he has to try and finance (badly).

I said it on another post, Ron has wriggled his way out from HMRC's clutches on numerous occasions and will do similar with anyone until he's stopped. He is an absolute master at it and giving the deal more time to complete also gives him more time to worm his way out of parameters and get what he wants.

I guess I have to be content that the club isn't going to die and maybe a few signings, Roots Hall getting a lick of paint and going to the toilet without waders on will distract a few of us from the FF nonsense but I really don't think it will appease the masses to make them come back like we all hoped would happen.

The club is worth nothing as it stands, nobody would buy that alone or they would need their brains testing, there will a tie in with the stadium. We would all like to see the back of that slime ball now and not later, the very thought of him hanging about for years makes me feel sick.

Everything is speculation of course but until we hear something beforehand or on Wednesday we actually know nothing but rumours.

Ron Martin only has a relationship with the project via his involvement with SUFC Ltd . When he sells up the relationship ends completely . He now has no role as an officer of Roots Hall Ltd , Thames Plaza PLC or as a member of Elounda LLP . In many ways he is already yesterdays man .

We really should not play games with the NL. Their patience is likely wearing quite thin by now.
I don't think we need to be too concerned about this . I know that some of our more enlightened supporters and business people linked to the club have written to the National League and thanked them for their continued help in the monthly monitoring of our financial position . We will soon be in a balanced budget situation which is good news and a big relief . Of course the playing budget will be smaller than last season if the takeover does not materialise . It has also been stressed to the NL that existing uncertainty over the club sale process has meant that some fans have delayed their season card renewals which has created an unplanned adverse cash flow issue . Although very unsatisfactory they appear to have accepted the position and it is unlikely they will feel the need to take any very harsh action by way of penalties . A big thank you to everyone out there that has made the effort to try and lessen current tensions between the club and the league .

We probably should start saying the stadium complex rather than stadium as we're forgetting the domes with the indoor facilities and buildings and the area in front of the south and west stand that should belong to the club. After all Ron does not want to be the landlord or so he said.

So what is stopping the take over going ahead So they purches the football club .What is stopping them spending some money makking the hall fit for holding games there .So ron holds all the aces on a field at fossets .But if i rember roots cant be built on unless we move to fossetts .But Ron does not have the councils go ahead for the smaller stadium .So the longer we stay at the hall the better if it can have a lot of spit n polish .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back