• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron will do what is right for Ron , at one time this coincided with what was right for the club as well but this is no longer the case. Don’t see any point in assuming he’s going to do anything that will not benefit him or his family in the long term and if people were honest with themselves they would most likely being doing the same.
I agree with this although most of us wouldn't keep digging a hole, in hope someone will give you a big enough ladder to climb out. Dreams are Dreams for a reason, most Dreams don't materialise.

Ron will do what is right for Ron , at one time this coincided with what was right for the club as well but this is no longer the case. Don’t see any point in assuming he’s going to do anything that will not benefit him or his family in the long term and if people were honest with themselves they would most likely being doing the same.
Mr Martins plans never coincided with the best interests of SUFC and ALL true supporters of Southend United will always put the clubs interest first!

Does ron care about his family .Or is his motive pure greed .Yes he has to get the best deal for him .But if he really did care about the club as he keep telling us he does .Somehow i dont think he does anymore .Then surly he would rather get out than have the HMRC constantly on his case And every fan cant stand him .So the sooner you sell up the more releved will all be .

And 1000 flats and the traffic…. Planning permission is maybe not a given
I thought I heard somewhere, possibly here, that the council were retrospectively concerned about the current plans and traffic and it might not have passed is submitted today. Did I dream that? Either way, it's granted so as long as we don't let it lapse again, should be good to go?

Reading all this stuff about the deal being split two ways with the club being put on even footing and the stadium next, I’ll put it this way; If a company like Kimura end up being rinsed by Ron Martin after agreeing some sort of terms in principle on the stadium, that’s the biggest red flag you’ll need about the future steer of the club.

Ron punches down continually and gets away with it, essentially the work of a bully. Right now he’s playing in a whole new league with people who know exactly what they’re dealing with and I’m certain he’s not going to be able to wriggle round it.

Look at it this way, he thought he was clever with his statement about using HMRC as an overdraft. The bigger boys there called bull**** on that one and look where that’s landed us.

No-one, it was a spat over whether Carl had shown proof of funds which of course he didn't because Ron didn't want to talk to him.

Possibly the least relevant thing to what is happening now
Not particularly relevant right now but it might give some insight as to how certain people, accurately or otherwise, might have felt the credibility of the backers of Carl's plan to be.

Not particularly relevant right now but it might give some insight as to how certain people, accurately or otherwise, might have felt the credibility of the backers of Carl's plan to be.
Agreed. On another note this Wolfy, despite being superficially anti Ron, has made so many anti Kimura tweets recently that I’ve come round to others thoughts that he’s close to the Ron camp. He’s got far too many hanging on his every word and fawning over him, ignore please!

I thought I heard somewhere, possibly here, that the council were retrospectively concerned about the current plans and traffic and it might not have passed is submitted today. Did I dream that? Either way, it's granted so as long as we don't let it lapse again, should be good to go?
I don't know if you read that on here, but I do know the council's leadership team have expressed concern about whether the traffic/highway provisions in those 21,000 capacity stadium plans would still be seem to be adequate. I don't know whether the planners have the same concerns. If they don't then it may not matter what the leadership team thinks. The plans have been passed.

Agreed. On another note this Wolfy, despite being superficially anti Ron, has made so many anti Kimura tweets recently that I’ve come round to others thoughts that he’s close to the Ron camp. He’s got far too many hanging on his every word and fawning over him, ignore please!
He is definitely.in the Martin camp, or inside the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back