• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to get shot for this. But I have zero issue with Kimura finalising a deal for the club and getting our football operations in order very quickly and dealing with RM for FF down the line.

RM as much as he maybe a terrible football club chairman. Is a proven property developer and no matter what probably knows a lot more than Kimura about property development.

So if it means in the next few days, RM only involvement is with FF and we have new football club owners, then so be it. Otherwise, rather than worrying about onions for the burgers and **** front shirt sponsor logos you’ll be worrying about where to ground hop on a Saturday as SUFC won’t exist.

Kimura must have the money, for it to be this far down the line, if they had not proven funds RM would of publicly come out and said so.

I think we all need to accept… we have a matter of hours to exist as a football club. If we can fix that and deal with a new stadium (we’ve been waiting 20 years for anyway) what’s a few months if we still have a club!

People are talking like kimura will end up selling and Ron will take over again. The process when Kimura come to sell will be exactly the same as it has been this time, and the chances of them selling back to Ron I reckon are slim to none
Lots of overactive imaginations, understandable with so much on the line and absolutely no word at all from the club.

Agreed. Or have some kind of leverage - eg we can build elsewhere.
Agreed - this is the thing, for now, this deal works. But regarding the stadia, and rental situation, Ron still holds all the cards. In the long term, Kimura need to either agree a deal for redevelopment of RH, agree a deal for FF, or alternatively, find a new site where they build their own stadium and take the power away from RM.

Reactions: 8
I’m going to get shot for this. But I have zero issue with Kimura finalising a deal for the club and getting our football operations in order very quickly and dealing with RM for FF down the line.

RM as much as he maybe a terrible football club chairman. Is a proven property developer and no matter what probably knows a lot more than Kimura about property development.

So if it means in the next few days, RM only involvement is with FF and we have new football club owners, then so be it. Otherwise, rather than worrying about onions for the burgers and **** front shirt sponsor logos you’ll be worrying about where to ground hop on a Saturday as SUFC won’t exist.

Kimura must have the money, for it to be this far down the line, if they had not proven funds RM would of publicly come out and said so.

I think we all need to accept… we have a matter of hours to exist as a football club. If we can fix that and deal with a new stadium (we’ve been waiting 20 years for anyway) what’s a few months if we still have a club!
You know more than myself then, could you give me an example of what Ron Martin has built ? Genuine question in his proven capacity as property developer

Well if they were to purchase Roots Hall that would give them some options of going their own way should Ron **** them about.

Not a clue if this is on the table though as we get closer to d-day.
I thought this was a line Ron definitely didn’t want to cross. I honestly think he must go to sleep dreaming of putting in planning permission for new stadia.

It’s far from ideal, but if there’s ultimately no other way to get the club out of Ron’s hands right now then so be it. Kimura will need to be very sure that whatever deal is signed is well thought through and legally water tight.

I thought this was a line Ron definitely didn’t want to cross. I honestly think he must go to sleep dreaming of putting in planning permission for new stadia.
I have no idea if it's something Ron would allow or not, just thinking of possible compromises that would get the main deal (RE: the club) over the line before it's too late.

Love the way false rumours start on here and then get spread round as true on twitter.

Someone has posted on here, that the new stadium is 14k which is bull, when in fact Ron's new plans, which was reported in the Echo were for a just over 16k stadium with the flats.

Fact as reported by the Echo.

I'm not sure how true that is. My understanding is he hasn't actually developed anything. He's sold on land where he's gained planning permission, but (I'm led to believe) he's never actually built anything.

Love the way false rumours start on here and then get spread round as true on twitter.

Someone has posted on here, that the new stadium is 14k which is bull, when in fact Ron's new plans, which was reported in the Echo were for a just over 16k stadium with the flats.

Fact as reported by the Echo.
A perfect example of a “contradiction in terms” for all the grammar nerds out there 😜

I assume the 16k flats version
Is worth more to that scumbag than the 21k with hotel
Not quite, I don't think. I think it's more that he can't afford to build the 21k jobby. The 16k one is cheaper and he can borrow more (because there's more properties to borrow against), which means he can afford to build it.

As I've said before, the change isn't to benefit SUFC, it's for his benefit as it will enable him to get the stadium built so he can get on with the residential aspect.

However, the 16k stadium isn't what is best for the club.

They do have the money as you say, but it is form their investors / bankers more than their own money isnt it?
Yes . This very complex deal would be so much easier if they were using their own money. Investors will be requiring a very high rate of return due to the very high risk they are taking. I don't know but would think the funds will come in via the Cayman Islands .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back