• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very concerned about any deal that leaves Ron with a say in the overall development and would hope that the Kimura boys are being extremely careful to ensure that they can move quickly to a conclusion, and that his ability to scupper things is as limited as possible.

I appreciate we are under a very tight time limit here, but any scenario that leaves Ron as permanent landlord of the club (in the case of a "no deal" on the stadium development) would be very bad news indeed, potentially even worse than our current predicament as his interests would not necessarily be aligned with those of the club at that point given the housing development will be far more lucrative for him than any rent the club would end up paying.

Call his bluff? The bills need to be paid by the 12th July. If he tells the truth to the court hearing, maybe Kimura say they are unable to reach an agreement at present, then Martin will have to stump up the payment to HMRC and every other man and his dog!!?

I don`t want him involved at all, and this latest rumour is just letting him get away with murder again.

He is responsible for this mess, let him man up on Wednesday and face the judge!!

Rant over. I hate the bloke with a passion.

Ron will do what is right for Ron , at one time this coincided with what was right for the club as well but this is no longer the case. Don’t see any point in assuming he’s going to do anything that will not benefit him or his family in the long term and if people were honest with themselves they would most likely being doing the same.

I think there is a lot of confusion between what is Ron's debt, what is the clubs debt and what is a debt incurred by any other company.

It would also assist if people could understand the difference between an individual and a limited liability company.

I'm happy to do a post about it but I seriously don't want to appear patronising. But the incidence of payment of liabilities here is absolutely crucial so it is very important

Although not the ideal and preferred outcome it seems to me a good compromise that would address the here and now issue's that have to be resolved on the playing side. I appreciate the view that this strengthens RM position and will not be the complete exorcism from our club as we all desperately want, but from what we are led to believe it's an option, an option that the new ownership hopefully will consider workable whilst they still pursue full ownership, lock stock and barrel! I understand that the off field potential around FF development arguably is the Golden Egg for any potential investors or buyers, be that for the new ownership or RM himself. At the end of the day it comes down to if any new ownership wants to buy a football club with potential or a potential opportunity for return that also comes with a football club ?
We all know what NEEDS to happen
RM NEEDS to pay the bills
RM NEEDS to concede to Kimura demands
RM NEEDS to disappear off into the setting sun
The problem is NEEDING something to happen and the REALITY of it happening to order is a pipe dream, therefore a level of compromise has to be a consideration however unpalatable it is !
Yes any agreement that theoretically allows RM to retain ownership of the Stadium project NEEDS to be a Car Parking tatic, underpinned by a binding agreement for continued negotiations, although I doubt RM would agree to inclusiveness and Kimura may well find other bidders to be our landlords, obviously far from ideal!

Ron Martin only has a relationship with the project via his involvement with SUFC Ltd . When he sells up the relationship ends completely . He now has no role as an officer of Roots Hall Ltd , Thames Plaza PLC or as a member of Elounda LLP . In many ways he is already yesterdays man .

I don't believe it to be anything nefarious. Just that the stadium part of the deal needs a lot more discussion, checks, guarantees and contracts, and therefore time that the football club side of the deal doesn't have the luxury of.

If parking the stadium deal for a few weeks could be the difference between getting a deal for the football club across the line in time or not, then it has my cautious support.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If this had been the approach earlier perhaps the damage on the playing side could have been avoided. From where we are at, if this gets it’s sorted by 12th then it’s probably way better option than testing fatally the patience of NL (more of a risk than the courts right now IMHO).
Parking the stadium bit is a risk but presumably may be seen as less of a risk than rushing it now or accepting unacceptable risk up front. In the end the stadium must be built and it’s not as if Ron can sell or lease to another team?

Imagine Ron will be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of getting rid of the loss making club and still be in control of FF
Well then Kimura would have needed an ultimatum. It’s club and FF stadium or nothing and must be done by 12th.
That is the only way I think Ron will be forced to accept with compromise BUT would also have required/require Kimura to accept with risks & compromise too?

I think there is a lot of confusion between what is Ron's debt, what is the clubs debt and what is a debt incurred by any other company.

It would also assist if people could understand the difference between an individual and a limited liability company.

I'm happy to do a post about it but I seriously don't want to appear patronising. But the incidence of payment of liabilities here is absolutely crucial so it is very important
Please feel free fbm a lot of people will appreciate your efforts

My understanding is that there were two sticking points preventing a deal.

Ron has had his way on the first: It has been agreed he will be paid in cash (an undisclosed sum).

More problematic is who will provide the wheelbarrows and neither side seem willing to concede over this. :Whistling:

Sadly even when you explain it. the myth that Ron loses everything will continue. The self appointed weed out any 'Ron Lovers' and Col U trolls don't know what LTD actually means.

If Kimura really could call his bluff they would have done it already.

My understanding is that there were two sticking points preventing a deal.

Ron has had his way on the first: It has been agreed he will be paid in cash (an undisclosed sum).

More problematic is who will provide the wheelbarrows and neither side seem willing to concede over this. :Whistling:

The red barrows display team have said they can help with this, they will perform a daring exhibition of near misses before planning to finally deliver the money with just seconds left before a fatal wipe out.

Ron Martin only has a relationship with the project via his involvement with SUFC Ltd . When he sells up the relationship ends completely . He now has no role as an officer of Roots Hall Ltd , Thames Plaza PLC or as a member of Elounda LLP . In many ways he is already yesterdays man .
Might want to look up the directors of those other companies. Might give you and everyone else an indication of how involved he'll be.

Sadly even when you explain it. the myth that Ron loses everything will continue. The self appointed weed out any 'Ron Lovers' and Col U trolls don't know what LTD actually means.

If Kimura really could call his bluff they would have done it already.
Indeed, they surely would have wouldn’t they? Unless they have and the deadline is 12th (we are not hearing that though?)
It’s not that he loses everything, rather it potentially costs him a lot more pain if he doesn’t sell. How that pain is delivered is another debate but none of the other options look good for him either as far as I can see.

Or indeed even the developer Citizen Housing. Although his son is an officer of the developer and other companies? The extent to which he is not a strong “influence” in the background is debatable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back