• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s thing @BoyWonder2, feeling positive despite this nonsense?

On the takeover side, yes. From what I can gather, the meeting last night was positive. Things have moved forward. Not everything is ironed out, but things were better at the end of the meeting that the start. I’m confident Kimura will be the new owners of this great football club, but I wouldn’t like to guess on a date.

I do, however, wonder how much the off the field stuff has imparted the on the field stuff.

As @in the know eluded too, notices have gone in, and players are in talks with other Clubs. I believe one person is off regardless of what happens, and one notice is possibly being withdrawn.

Kev & co have the famous whiteboard, and it’s continually updated. We have A, B, C, D & E targets in every position all the time. Some are dream signings and would require a few, some are loanees, some are realistic and so forth. Because of the embargo, and what others have decided, we need to strengthen in more positions than Kev wanted too. He knew who he wanted to keep, and who would be off. He knew Hobson was off regardless, he has “released” some and does want to extend other deals.

We’ve lost out on targets because of the embargo and not everyone can wait.
McCullum, Daly, Justham to name three. They would have all, undoubtedly improved the squad.

We do have some who are waiting, but that list has dwindled. We have spoken to free agents, who have either resigned at their existing club, like Ling, or moved elsewhere.

Obviously pre-season has massively been impacted. The players have been keeping themselves fit in the gym, doing ball work, running, cycling etc but it isn’t the same as pre-season. The little pre-season we have done we haven’t been able to do any intense stuff because of the physio not being about, surprise surprise because of wages.

Unfortunately, I feel the buzz of new owners, could wear off quickly with poor results because of our **** poor pre-season. The season isn’t a write off YET.

We need to ensure that we are a National League Club come the start of this season, that still isn’t guaranteed despite us being included in the fixture list. That is, arguably, the biggest hurdle we face. I’m confident, if need be, we will get an adjournment from HMRC, but the national league might not be as kind to us.

On the takeover side, yes. From what I can gather, the meeting last night was positive. Things have moved forward. Not everything is ironed out, but things were better at the end of the meeting that the start. I’m confident Kimura will be the new owners of this great football club, but I wouldn’t like to guess on a date.

I do, however, wonder how much the off the field stuff has imparted the on the field stuff.

As @in the know eluded too, notices have gone in, and players are in talks with other Clubs. I believe one person is off regardless of what happens, and one notice is possibly being withdrawn.

Kev & co have the famous whiteboard, and it’s continually updated. We have A, B, C, D & E targets in every position all the time. Some are dream signings and would require a few, some are loanees, some are realistic and so forth. Because of the embargo, and what others have decided, we need to strengthen in more positions than Kev wanted too. He knew who he wanted to keep, and who would be off. He knew Hobson was off regardless, he has “released” some and does want to extend other deals.

We’ve lost out on targets because of the embargo and not everyone can wait.
McCullum, Daly, Justham to name three. They would have all, undoubtedly improved the squad.

We do have some who are waiting, but that list has dwindled. We have spoken to free agents, who have either resigned at their existing club, like Ling, or moved elsewhere.

Obviously pre-season has massively been impacted. The players have been keeping themselves fit in the gym, doing ball work, running, cycling etc but it isn’t the same as pre-season. The little pre-season we have done we haven’t been able to do any intense stuff because of the physio not being about, surprise surprise because of wages.

Unfortunately, I feel the buzz of new owners, could wear off quickly with poor results because of our **** poor pre-season. The season isn’t a write off YET.

We need to ensure that we are a National League Club come the start of this season, that still isn’t guaranteed despite us being included in the fixture list. That is, arguably, the biggest hurdle we face. I’m confident, if need be, we will get an adjournment from HMRC, but the national league might not be as kind to us.
So then what would the alternative be, any knowledge on this?

Would Southend Utd potentially have to be a National League South club or worse for the forthcoming season?

So then what would the alternative be, any ideas?
If we’re not in the National League or receive a significant points deduction that makes relegation overwhelmingly likely, I would imagine that changes the investment case considerably for Kimura. That is a scenario that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Contracted players. So I wonder if Bridgey and Ralph haven't been paid for last month? Thats going to help persuade them to stick with us, huh?
It says contracted players have been paid. Bridge was under contract until end of June so fully expect he's been paid.

Reactions: fbm
So then what would the alternative be, any knowledge on this?

Would Southend Utd potentially have to be a National League South club or worse for the forthcoming season?
Don’t think there is one if we get kicked out of the National League. Not for the 23/24 season at least. It’s too late to get admission into another league now.

It would be the same situation as Macclesfield and we’d have a season off. We’d then start the 24/25 season at the equivalent level to where they did (Essex Senior League?)

Probably the more telling statistic is how many individual posters have contributed to those 11000 posts. My guess is well under 1000 although I’m happy to be proved wrong..

Probably the more telling statistic is how many individual posters have contributed to those 11000 posts. My guess is well under 1000 although I’m happy to be proved wrong..
Even more telling us how many of those posts have facts.

Relating to concrete news of the sale? Maybe a couple of hundred

Relating to technicalities around DD etc? Maybe a few hundred

Inter fan bickering? Maybe a few hundred

Desperation posts (worries about whether we have a future)? Maybe a couple of thousand

The rest (otherwise known as the car crash of wild speculation)? 8,000 plus

No news is good news. We are hearing nothing negative about the bid. We are hearing nothing negative from NL.

This situation will be resolved for the better. I don’t know when but I’m (95%) convinced it will.

Actually the 95% done announcement weeks ago was probably the catalyst for the explosion of the last category above. We all fell for it at the time, including me and it was a poor reflection of reality. A much better statement at the time would have been something along the lines of encouraging talks are ongoing.

Even more telling us how many of those posts have facts.

Relating to concrete news of the sale? Maybe a couple of hundred

Relating to technicalities around DD etc? Maybe a few hundred

Inter fan bickering? Maybe a few hundred

Desperation posts (worries about whether we have a future)? Maybe a couple of thousand

The rest (otherwise known as the car crash of wild speculation)? 8,000 plus

No news is good news. We are hearing nothing negative about the bid. We are hearing nothing negative from NL.

This situation will be resolved for the better. I don’t know when but I’m (95%) convinced it will.

Actually the 95% done announcement weeks ago was probably the catalyst for the explosion of the last category above. We all fell for it at the time, including me and it was a poor reflection of reality. A much better statement at the time would have been something along the lines of encouraging talks are ongoing.
Totally agree with this and I remember when this story first broke I said I thought the sale would take 3 months at an absolute minimum. It does when you buy a house and this is so so much more complex. Yes they’ll have more people working on it. But you still have to wait around for third parties to do surveys, etc and the buyer might ask for a list of things to be done prior to the deal being completed. The diaries and waiting lists of those people will impact things.

Sales can also be held up by either party being a nightmare during negotiations of course and that’s happened to me a few times but despite it causing you a lot of stress at the time you have to block that out if the thing you are buying is what you really want.

What Ron’s got to be wary of is if Kimura have any alternative investments they could put the funds into as a plan B. The more someone messes you around, the more green and luscious the grass can appear on the other side of the fence.

But in Ron’s (and our) favour is the time and financial investment Kimura have put into the DD process. They won’t want to pull out for a number of reasons but that outlay would be one of them.

Cough

IIRC were funds released to pay the players and coaching staff only?
The original court validation order on 31st May was issued to unfreeze the club’s bank account for the specific purpose of paying the players and accountants (in order to file accounts before a National League deadline): https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ue-hmrc-football-league-customs-b2348967.html

However, at the follow-up hearing on 5th June, “all restrictions” on the club’s account were lifted, enabling the business to “continue to function pending the takeover”, according to a club spokesman: https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/23568025.southend-united-restrictions-bank-account-lifted/

The freezing of the club’s bank account was as a consequence of the winding-up petition. Looking back now at the club statement released on 5th June, which said all petitioners “must” be paid and staff salaries needed to be brought up to date by the 12th July when the adjourned petition will be heard again, my perception is if we fail to do that the bank account will be frozen again.

Last edited:
This is one of my fears, come 12th the judge may, and that’s a big may in my eyes, give a small extension, but I thought the NL also stipulated that all football debts had to be paid by this date ? If I’m wrong on this point apologies…but if not there is a real fear we have no league to play in next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back