• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the players have been paid .Now is it me or has Ron payed the players because no players could mean no sale .Maybe at long last things maybe moveing in the right direction .God please let it be true .

Didn’t the judge at the last hearing require that funds from a bank were released specifically to pay the players.

Didn’t the judge at the last hearing require that funds from a bank were released specifically to pay the players.
He ordered that the bank accounts were unfrozen. But the money that's in there doesn't last for ever.

yes tha was weeks ago .So the bank funds were released so why did it take a players strike to get his to pay the wages of the players .I an sure the court would not look faverable on ron when he didnt uses the funds to pay the plkayers or the staff .The man is not carrying out using yje funds for the reason they was released .

The fact the players have been paid by Ron, and Kimura have not yet pulled out, tells me both want this to happen and believe it will. Otherwise why would either of them bother. Clinging to the positives I know but my gut feeling is this will happen sooner or later. I hope.

IIRC were funds released to pay the players and coaching staff only?
More likely that the funds were released so that the players and coaching staff could be paid, rather than them being the only ones to be paid, if you get my drift. But I can't recall exactly tbh.

So from what I can tell. A deal isnt really far off in terms of the volume of work needed however it is something like £1m-1.5m that needs some form of compromise to release the deadlock. Many people have said Ron is ready to go. What I dont get is why Ron is playing hardball when he has a very good deal and will make a fortune out of the remaining project. I really hope they spend this weekend sorting it so we dont have to hope for the judge to give us an extension. Would be nice to be able to say the deal is done, there is your money and the other creditors have been paid and announce Andrew Dallas in the courtroom.

yes tha was weeks ago .So the bank funds were released so why did it take a players strike to get his to pay the wages of the players .I an sure the court would not look faverable on ron when he didnt uses the funds to pay the plkayers or the staff .The man is not carrying out using yje funds for the reason they was released .

They were unfrozen to pay May's wages - presumably wasn't enough in there to pay all of Junes until today - and yes just players wages, long suffering staff still going without

Why would we pay out of contract players?

Why would they expect to be be paid?

Because even those we release, and haven’t found themselves a Club, still will get a pay packet from us for June & the last one will be July.

If you find yourself a new Club, like Murphy or Arnold for example, we won’t pay a July wage.

This is why, sometimes a player won’t sign for a Club until august, especially if they are signing on less money than what they were on at their old club.

Because even those we release, and haven’t found themselves a Club, still will get a pay packet from us for June & the last one will be July.

If you find yourself a new Club, like Murphy or Arnold for example, we won’t pay a July wage.

This is why, sometimes a player won’t sign for a Club until august, especially if they are signing on less money than what they were on at their old club.
How’s thing @BoyWonder2, feeling positive despite this nonsense?

But they still have a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back