• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This £1.5m seems complete rumour- no confirmation at all from those ITK when asked- but once again happy to be corrected
Anyone ITK has to be very careful what is said. But I can assure you it's not a rumour.

The fact that the players have been paid is encouraging. I'll be honest; after my post earlier today which was full of my usual blue tinted optimism, I was beginning to get concerned. Less so now.

Would it be insane to suggest that the meeting last night and players being paid today are linked and maybe just maybe the deal is over the line and we get an announcement of sorts monday/Tuesday before
Court
Think you forget that we support Southend United and that’s just too good and too straight forward …

I keep seeing Ron desperate to sell but I haven't seen much evidence that's the case...... is it just 1 big ploy from Ron to extract money from elsewhere and is using kimura/takeover rumours just to bide him some time? Nothing would surprise me now. Our situation just looks so messy which ever angle you look at it. Will probably get a court adjournment due to the debt being pretty low but will a takeover happen, I'm doubting it will.... I can see Ron just taking the outside investment and turning round to fans say I tried to sell the club but lack of interest and the 1 party who was interested ie kimura didn’t want to pay the asking price. Can't rule anything out with this idiot incharge.

Would it be insane to suggest that the meeting last night and players being paid today are linked and maybe just maybe the deal is over the line and we get an announcement of sorts monday/Tuesday before
Court
It’s not a silly suggestion, but to the best of my knowledge it’s not that I’m afraid.

I keep seeing Ron desperate to sell but I haven't seen much evidence that's the case...... is it just 1 big ploy from Ron to extract money from elsewhere and is using kimura/takeover rumours just to bide him some time? Nothing would surprise me now. Our situation just looks so messy which ever angle you look at it. Will probably get a court adjournment due to the debt being pretty low but will a takeover happen, I'm doubting it will.... I can see Ron just taking the outside investment and turning round to fans say I tried to sell the club but lack of interest and the 1 party who was interested ie kimura didn’t want to pay the asking price. Can't rule anything out with this idiot incharge.
He don’t have any money at all to pay for everything, I wonder who paid for the players wages? National League demanding that any debts be paid off and settled on 12th, no delay after that.

Look at our pre season, it’s **** to be honest, squad is weaker and any injuries, we are fcuked, Oldham must be rubbing their hand at the thought of an easy opposition to start their first game.

He don’t have any money at all to pay for everything, I wonder who paid for the players wages? National League demanding that any debts be paid off and settled on 12th, no delay after that.

Look at our pre season, it’s **** to be honest, squad is weaker and any injuries, we are fcuked, Oldham must be rubbing their hand at the thought of an easy opposition to start their first game.
He been in this situation before when the chips are down but comes up with the reddies late on. He always does (admittedly at the very last second) I can see horrible sting in the tale which the majority of the fanbase won't like. There a reason why Ron is called Con Martin.

He been in this situation before when the chips are down but comes up with the reddies late on. He always does (admittedly at the very last second) I can see horrible sting in the tale which the majority of the fanbase won't like. There a reason why Ron is called Con Martin.
I hope the judge is wise to it, give RM an ultimatum, “accept their offer or I will close the club down and you get nothing?! …. what it’s going to be, your choice?!”

Mate, it’s Friday. The sun is shining. I have a chardonnay in hand. I’ve cut the grass. I’ve take the hedge rug off the top of my shed. There’s no need to say what we all know. Let’s have a beer. Try and forget about what the ***** might have in store for us next week. We have an INCREDIBLE fanbase that will rejoice and party when he’s gone. And if the worse happens and he tries to cling on he won’t enjoy the ride we’ll give him as a UNITED fanbase.

Shanti!

Court

Yes, yes it is. See post 10948

Anyone ITK has to be very careful what is said. But I can assure you it's not a rumour.

The fact that the players have been paid is encouraging. I'll be honest; after my post earlier today which was full of my usual blue tinted optimism, I was beginning to get concerned. Less so now.

You could drop a £1000 down the drain and you'd still see the positive side. "At least it wasn't £2000 ... !!" 😂😂

Ok so the players have been paid .Now is it me or has Ron payed the players because no players could mean no sale .Maybe at long last things maybe moveing in the right direction .God please let it be true .

Ok so the players have been paid .Now is it me or has Ron payed the players because no players could mean no sale .Maybe at long last things maybe moveing in the right direction .God please let it be true .
I suspect he's doing the bare minimum to satisfy the National League. This could mean a sale is truly imminent or he has other ideas.

For example some have alluded to another party, not hugely wealthy, that could be involved. This could perhaps be Stan, Tom and others throwing in a few quid to keep the show on the road as minority investors while Ron remains involved in the stadium development - not saying this is going to happen or desirable, but I would not be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back