• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great sign. Presume players will not be paid in time for Tuesday?
I'm not reading too much into that. Even if they are paid in time for Tuesday, what's the point in having a friendly when they've had effectively no pre-season so far?

Even so, I don't think the fact that it's been rearranged for 25th July necessarily means they definitely will all be paid by then. It's just more likely that they will be than it would be by next Tuesday.

Not a great sign. Presume players will not be paid in time for Tuesday?
No, I would say they cannot play a game with a day or 2 of pre-season training, they need at least 2 weeks, could be resolved today, by Monday, all paid but would still not be enough to be thrown into a match.

Indemnity Insurance which Kimura would insist on....Who in their right mind would insure RM.
Agree. But that was always going to be required so doesn’t necessary prevent a deadline being set earlier- it’s just one of the things that would have to happen by the deadline. Anyhow hopefully there is a deadline that means adjournments aren’t needed.
We shall see..

What do you think giving a place on the board to a representative of the fans would actually achieve?
maybe that person could give us updates on happenings within the club , unlike the muppets we have now who say nothing against our great leader chairman ron i just guess they are happy with his running of the club and treatment of his players ,staff , and supporters .all frightened to speak out against him or stand up to him

maybe that person could give us updates on happenings within the club , unlike the muppets we have now who say nothing against our great leader chairman ron i just guess they are happy with his running of the club and treatment of his players ,staff , and supporters .all frightened to speak out against him or stand up to him
I doubt they even had board meetings

Are not the other directors responsible for club debts as well .

The directors aren’t legally responsible for the debts of the company. They are legally responsible if a company is trading insolvently though.

No . Shergar as well as Phoenix are not running in this race.
It might be sensible to name the horses that are in order to prevent confusion.

Horse 1 - Kimura Kid - Highly fancied and now close to reaching the finish line.
Horse 2 - Hot Property - Believed to have gone lame and pulled up a couple of weeks back.
Horse 3 - Last Chance - Waiting to see whether the Kid can get to the winning post. If
things go pear-shaped will step up to the plate. Strict adherence to
NDA being enforced . Unfortunately , owners not considered to be
very wealthy .

I thought Horse 1 was the mixed sport one. Horse 3’s mixed sport metaphors are very Sally Jockstrap.

Do you seriously think that they would be allowed to come out if a board meeting and then just relay the meeting to everyone?
If that were to happen they would soon be uninvited I’d imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back