• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my feelings on the alleged takeover. If no official notice from buyers or seller by 6pm today it will be off to the courts on the 12th.
Ron will do his usual bull**** act and try to get the can kicked further down the road.
Problem with an adjournemount is that Ron only works or decides to act when pushed by a deadline. If it's delayed until August 12th he'll probably drag it to then.

HMRC's lawyer was handed game-changing evidence of a sales process as she approached the front of the Rolls Buildings at the last hearing in May, after RM had met with Kimura the evening before. Tuesday 5pm might be nowhere near last gasp, especially not with Ron Martin.
I didn’t explain it properly, this what I mean, without that, the judge might have end it for us and put SUFC out of the business. Hopefully RM will be under pressure to pass the batons on as he promised back in end of march at press conference as he announced that he is selling up.

Indemnity Insurance which Kimura would insist on....Who in their right mind would insure RM.
I'm sure there would be somebody who would underwrite that risk. The issue may be the premium, the higher the perceived risk, the higher the premium. Another stumbling block could be the wording of the policy, any underwriter worth his salt would have exclusions for non disclosure in the policy wording and I have a feeling Ron is hiding a fair bit. So the indemnity policy gets voided when a claim is made because something material to the claim wasn't disclosed when taking out the policy.

I'm sure there would be somebody who would underwrite that risk. The issue may be the premium, the higher the perceived risk, the higher the premium. Another stumbling block could be the wording of the policy, any underwriter worth his salt would have exclusions for non disclosure in the policy wording and I have a feeling Ron is hiding a fair bit. So the indemnity policy gets voided when a claim is made because something material to the claim wasn't disclosed when taking out the policy.

Does the company doing the DD offer a warranty? After all they're being paid to look into what is being bought, you'd think there might be some comeback on them if something crops up that they didn't find.

The way im reading this at the mo, is that there is gonna be no resolution this week or even next, i think another adjornment is on the cards,.
From the press conference i seem remember Tefron stating that he wanted to be out before this new season, my read is that as long as thats before 05/08/2023 it wont matter to him how long he strings it out.
He couldnt care less if the players leave, why should he? if hes out its someone elses problem, hes already shown he dosent give a toss by not paying the staff for months, as for fans he dosent care about us either, we are just a means to an end.
Nearly three years ago i stated that his long game was to get fossetts sorted and to hell with the club in fact it suits his aims to watch it be destroyed, i still havent changed my stance on this.
As for Kimura, just my take is that they have done DD and the extra 1.5mil liabilty they have found is just one of a number of hidden problems (for a bit of levity i was hoping they found the war-chest as well but no such luck on that!!!) , Im hopefull that in the end they might get there but the longer this drags out not only must they be getting uptight with the process but also thinking is this really worth getting any further into.
As much as i hate to say this (and im trying to be as positive as i can at this point) This is the way i see it .
1. There wil be no news before the 12th
2. The club will be given another adjornment for one last time due to the ongoing selling process I've got a feeling itll be until 05/08/2023.
3. We wil continue to amble along with no news until maybe a week before ie around 28th when either the sale will be announced or Kimura pull out.
4. Depends on the result of 3 itll either be a mad scamble to get players in before 05/08/23 or the club dies by the start of the season.
Its a sorry state of affairs and believe me it really pains me to say this after watching and supporting Southend for nearly 50 years through good and bad.
Just my take, im not ITK , all i want to do is continue to watch and support my team Southend United. UTB

The way im reading this at the mo, is that there is gonna be no resolution this week or even next, i think another adjornment is on the cards,.
From the press conference i seem remember Tefron stating that he wanted to be out before this new season, my read is that as long as thats before 05/08/2023 it wont matter to him how long he strings it out.
He couldnt care less if the players leave, why should he? if hes out its someone elses problem, hes already shown he dosent give a toss by not paying the staff for months, as for fans he dosent care about us either, we are just a means to an end.
Nearly three years ago i stated that his long game was to get fossetts sorted and to hell with the club in fact it suits his aims to watch it be destroyed, i still havent changed my stance on this.
As for Kimura, just my take is that they have done DD and the extra 1.5mil liabilty they have found is just one of a number of hidden problems (for a bit of levity i was hoping they found the war-chest as well but no such luck on that!!!) , Im hopefull that in the end they might get there but the longer this drags out not only must they be getting uptight with the process but also thinking is this really worth getting any further into.
As much as i hate to say this (and im trying to be as positive as i can at this point) This is the way i see it .
1. There wil be no news before the 12th
2. The club will be given another adjornment for one last time due to the ongoing selling process I've got a feeling itll be until 05/08/2023.
3. We wil continue to amble along with no news until maybe a week before ie around 28th when either the sale will be announced or Kimura pull out.
4. Depends on the result of 3 itll either be a mad scamble to get players in before 05/08/23 or the club dies by the start of the season.
Its a sorry state of affairs and believe me it really pains me to say this after watching and supporting Southend for nearly 50 years through good and bad.
Just my take, im not ITK , all i want to do is continue to watch and support my team Southend United. UTB
Good points on their I agree with you Ron doesn’t care anymore about the club or it’s staff it’s all about pound notes now and how much more can i squeeze out of the buyers

Ron Martin is not normal in his own head. What Chairman in the Football League would go behind the away goal at Solihull was it? and think that he could reason with a baying crowd as though he was some type of God figure…..repeat, deluded, not normal and will not sell easily….narcissistic ars ehole sums it up!
Torquay wasn’t it

Contracted players. So I wonder if Bridgey and Ralph haven't been paid for last month? Thats going to help persuade them to stick with us, huh?

Ron get your head out of your arse And smell the money that on offer .Instead of the **** you keep seveeving up ..Lies lies and more lies .Take the money and run .Give your poor wife a break . I feel for that poor woman having to put up with you and your lies .

Ron get your head out of your arse And smell the money that on offer .Instead of the **** you keep seveeving up ..Lies lies and more lies .Take the money and run .Give your poor wife a break . I feel for that poor woman having to put up with you and your lies .
On the up side, I bet the house is very clean :Smile:

Torquay wasn’t it
Was it….not sure?
You would think a bloke in his 70’s that
f ucking loves this club would bite the bullet instead of holding out for another 50 quid?
I’ve given the staff and supporters hell over the last few years, I’ll peg it in 10 max, I’ll make it easy for everyone….oh no, not the short arse coiffed one…..let’s make everyone and the club suffer one more time….no deal suckers, I’m big Ron and don’t forget that you banner wielding losers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back