• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic please.
Sorry Cricko. Hold my hands up. Having a bit of fun with Murkey was a nice distraction from all that's going on. Back on topic. I did hear that talks had broken down, and then went well this week. I doubt any of us will get any info on that big meeting they were meant to have yesterday.

Sales do take a long time, and even Man Utd's takeover is not being constantly updated. A takeover would be welcomed with open arms but we shouldn't expect one any time soon.

If you can’t buy a Man U, why not look at the (only?) English club with a 100% record of defeating them. The brochure practically writes itself… no other DD necessary.
Couldn't agree more. I feel that the abyss we're currently in makes us an even more exciting prospect? Maybe I'm mad...

As everyone seems to be going off piste can I say that whoever the new owner is I'd be disappointed if they fail to give the Shrimpers Trust a seat on the board.
Paul is an excellent chairman of the Shrimpers Trust and certainly deserves a place on the board under a new owner . It is such a big pity that the fanbase has splintered in the way that it has .

Couldn't agree more. I feel that the abyss we're currently in makes us an even more exciting prospect? Maybe I'm mad...
I mean turning Southend unto a fully functioning club in new facilities would see an influx of money, that's without any success on the pitch. Add a resurgence on the footballing side and it's a winning formula IMO.

I mean turning Southend unto a fully functioning club in new facilities would see an influx of money, that's without any success on the pitch. Add a resurgence on the footballing side and it's a winning formula IMO.
Wrexham are the perfect example. Beforehand, there was no difference between us and Wrexham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back