• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
RM maximising his return is quite understandable but you do get a feeling that the more damage to the football department he can inflict suits him as he couldn’t stand a new regime coming in and be instantly successful. It also causes maximum grief on supporters who he feels betrayed by after ‘funding the club for 25 years’. There is certainly no sign of someone that loves the club.

Sometimes, I accidentally open this thread on page 1 without realising and for a split second get very excited when I read 'There is a press conference' only for my excitement to be whipped from under my feet - surely I'm not the only one who does this?

Anyone know of any rumblings going on today?
🤣 me too!

Scunthorpe and Yeovil sales dragged on and on and look where they are currently.

Not sure about Scunthorpe, but the Yeovil sale was a strange one and complicated.

Going way off topic from SUFC here. The then Yeovil owner sold off the stadium and surrounding land to the local council with a buy-back provision in the contract for the club. What was left of the club was put up for sale, and Matt Uggla (now York City owner) and his mother were announced as having taken on "stewardship" of the club (28 Feb). The Uggla's brought in expensive players (rumoured £400k's worth) at their own cost. The Uggla's then failed to agree the takeover, and walked away (2 May). Just over a week later the club was sold to a local Yeovil businessman (11 May).

RM maximising his return is quite understandable but you do get a feeling that the more damage to the football department he can inflict suits him as he couldn’t stand a new regime coming in and be instantly successful. It also causes maximum grief on supporters who he feels betrayed by after ‘funding the club for 25 years’. There is certainly no sign of someone that loves the club.
He certainly doesn't leave genuinely hoping the club does well. And to be honest I don't care, hope the bloke leaves the area and never comes back. That one man has done so much damage to the club, the players, the management team, the staff, the fans, the list goes on and on and on. And I genuinely don't think he's ever given a damn and only paid 'some' bills knowing he had too in order to get his payday at the end. I don't think he's ever lost a wink of sleep over how he's affected overs, only if he's been worried about himself. The man repulses me beyond belief and the fact he's got away with it for the past 10 years. Might sound like sour grapes but I predicted all of this years and years ago and had to deal with constant abuse from posters not liking the truth. I never want to say 'I told you so' because it's the club that's suffered but I think this proves that burying your head in the sand doesn't help anyone or anything. The day that man is he gone I'd love it if we issue him with a permanent banning order from the club for him and his whole family and any of his business supporters such as those on the board. Total vermin of a man!

No . Shergar as well as Phoenix are not running in this race.
It might be sensible to name the horses that are in order to prevent confusion.

Horse 1 - Kimura Kid - Highly fancied and now close to reaching the finish line.
Horse 2 - Hot Property - Believed to have gone lame and pulled up a couple of weeks back.
Horse 3 - Last Chance - Waiting to see whether the Kid can get to the winning post. If
things go pear-shaped will step up to the plate. Strict adherence to
NDA being enforced . Unfortunately , owners not considered to be
very wealthy .
I think you might be whoever Wolfy is because you are both loving the horse metaphors but belong in the glue factory.

That not me, there is few shrimpers living in Suffolk, I run 24 selling page and community pages in Essex and Suffolk area, plus an single group and social group with 200k members combined on 26 Facebook group altogether.

Medway_Blues won’t be joining any of them as he live in Kent 😂

It's very easy for the Admins to check as your IP address would show under both accounts and would flag as a dupe account.

That not me, there is few shrimpers living in Suffolk, I run 24 selling page and community pages in Essex and Suffolk area, plus an single group and social group with 200k members combined on 26 Facebook group altogether.

Medway_Blues won’t be joining any of them as he live in Kent 😂
Woah woah woah, I'm sorry, OK!? I take it back. You're clearly not Murkey.

No need to make any rash decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back