• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not holding my breath. I think the first we'll hear will be during/following the hearing. My money at the moment is on an application being made for yet another extension, pointing to the concrete progress that has been made with Kimura. There is of course no certainty that the judge grants it, but on balance I think it more likely than not, the key point being able to convince them that there is a genuine prospect of a sale, which would be in everybody's interests at this point.
Another extension would just be a continuation of the clubs death spiral. It would see those players that handed in their notice leave most likely. It's needz to be wrapped up by the 12th. No later

Another extension would just be a continuation of the clubs death spiral. It would see those players that handed in their notice leave most likely. It's needz to be wrapped up by the 12th. No later
Wholeheartedly agree, but this is not a rational seller we are talking about here.

Also raises some concerns on Kimura of their wider business…. Worth a listen (first 5 mins).

Just one day of having a normal football club.. that’s all we ask!!
Agreed. I think we are rightly wrapped up in "anything is better than Ron" and I think that is correct, however, you do have to remain cautious about new owners motives and funding. I know they have access to liquidity on the markets, but thats putting other peoples money out for investment, meaning expected to see a return. The running of a football club is never going to achieve that. So the motives can't be dis-similar to that of Delancy and Ron all those years ago.
Having said that, we need this deal to happen so we can steady the ship, and then worry about the future. At least we will have one again.

Sometimes, I accidentally open this thread on page 1 without realising and for a split second get very excited when I read 'There is a press conference' only for my excitement to be whipped from under my feet - surely I'm not the only one who does this?

Anyone know of any rumblings going on today?
well I had a vindaloo last night so I have some significant rumblings

Scunthorpe and Yeovil sales dragged on and on and look where they are currently.
That is why I don’t want any more adjournment, just get the deal done before 12th. The court is unlikely to grant adjournment, which effectively keep SUFC on their deathbed, alive for couples of week before we turn the machine off.

That is why I don’t want any more adjournment, just get the deal done before 12th. The court is unlikely to grant adjournment, which effectively keep SUFC on their deathbed, alive for couples of week before we turn the machine off.
Murkey, it doesn't matter how many thousands of times you wish out loud exactly the same thing, it won't make it any more or less likely to happen the way you want it to.

When you consider the other horse is Shergar it doesn;t bear thinking about.
No . Shergar as well as Phoenix are not running in this race.
It might be sensible to name the horses that are in order to prevent confusion.

Horse 1 - Kimura Kid - Highly fancied and now close to reaching the finish line.
Horse 2 - Hot Property - Believed to have gone lame and pulled up a couple of weeks back.
Horse 3 - Last Chance - Waiting to see whether the Kid can get to the winning post. If
things go pear-shaped will step up to the plate. Strict adherence to
NDA being enforced . Unfortunately , owners not considered to be
very wealthy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back