• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see yours and Tampa Blues perspectives as mutually exclusive. You have to market to the local community after all! The stadium will be a privately owned community asset whoever the owners are, but I’m personally quite reassured that at least one potential new owner will engage the supporters and wider community in a way that Ron never managed. I hope we also keep up with SUCET and the various great community initiatives that many around the club already do.
Excellent post . I am a very strong supporter of SUCET myself and would like them to have a bigger role at Fossetts than they do currently at Roots Hall. As I understand it they have just moved some services to Garons but I don't think they intend to stay there permanently .

SOUTHEND United players have yet to resume pre-season training together, Echosport understands.

The squad have not been at Boots & Laces for the past four days as they continue to wait for the whole squad to be paid.

The players continue to train away from the club but the problems are mounting for Shrimpers boss Kevin Maher.

The Blues chief has been unable to add to his squad since September due to a transfer embargo.

His side are due to be in action at Canvey Island next Tuesday in the first of their warm up fixtures for the forthcoming National League season.

Excellent post . I am a very strong supporter of SUCET myself and would like them to have a bigger role at Fossetts than they do currently at Roots Hall. As I understand it they have just moved some services to Garons but I don't think they intend to stay there permanently .
It’s a timely reminder (when everything SUFC has seemed so dire for so long… present football department aside) that there are some things SUFC already do - away from the pitch - which are brilliant.

I’ve often thought that it should get a bit more publicity, perhaps being more overly touted or at least mentioned on match days for a start so that there’s wider awareness in the community.

As I’m not local this might already be happening, but it just feels to me as though this good stuff flies under the radar a little bit, which could mean it could have an ever bigger positive impact if it was a bit more widely known across the City.

Were already 8 days behind on preseason starting. I cant see those odds being realistic.
Also, if investment in the team comes in, those odds will halve. If Ron Martin remains, there will be no investment, some of the best players will be off over the wages issues. We will have a very poor team and squad. Those odds will get bigger.

SOUTHEND United players have yet to resume pre-season training together, Echosport understands.

The squad have not been at Boots & Laces for the past four days as they continue to wait for the whole squad to be paid.

The players continue to train away from the club but the problems are mounting for Shrimpers boss Kevin Maher.

The Blues chief has been unable to add to his squad since September due to a transfer embargo.

His side are due to be in action at Canvey Island next Tuesday in the first of their warm up fixtures for the forthcoming National League season.
Unlikely this will be played. 12th a pivotal day unless someone pays Ron all his money back. All on Rons plate. Save Southend or hold out for money Using the potential demise and potential value as his negotiation cards. Idiot.

Something will have to give soon, this pain cant continue (although what follows could be worse). The sale either goes through, or falls through, and if its the latter I can't see us surviving. RM has given up, and no one else is going to jump in and save us at this late stage. One way or another this part of the SUFC saga has to be over by next Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back