• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey this rollercoaster is wild. Fans really don’t deserve this. Just can’t get my head around how Martin thinks this is acceptable. Running us into the ground purposefully and not paying the poor staff. It’s worthy of jail IMHO, let alone not being allowed to run a community asset. It’s honestly shameful and if he can stoop this low, what else is he capable of?

Something will have to give soon, this pain cant continue (although what follows could be worse). The sale either goes through, or falls through, and if its the latter I can't see us surviving. RM has given up, and no one else is going to jump in and save us at this late stage. One way or another this part of the SUFC saga has to be over by next Wednesday.
THANK GOD!!! .................and that's coming from an agnostic

Blimey, it's quiet on here today. Maybe that's a positive sign. Oh for a positive sign.
Agreed, ominously. We fans really have no clue if we have reason for hope or if our club is on course to no longer exist this time next week.

Should we be hopeful or seriously concerned, ITK’s?

Last edited:
Agreed, ominously. We fans really have no clue if we have reason for hope or if our club is on course to no longer exist this time next week.

Should we be hopeful or seriously concerned ITK’s?
On reflection I reckon it's better to be a hopeful ITK. If you are a seriously concerned ITK, then it's better to not be ITK at all. :Winking:

Something will have to give soon, this pain cant continue (although what follows could be worse). The sale either goes through, or falls through, and if its the latter I can't see us surviving. RM has given up, and no one else is going to jump in and save us at this late stage. One way or another this part of the SUFC saga has to be over by next Wednesday.
I think it is quite possible and indeed likely that someone will jump in and save us if this sale doesn't go through . Things are nowhere near as bad as you imagine . Keep the faith, my friend .

I think it is quite possible and indeed likely that someone will jump in and save us if this sale doesn't go through . Things are nowhere near as bad as you imagine . Keep the faith, my friend .
Really, I think they are rock bottom at the moment, which our current owner has put us in this dire situation.

I think your crystal ball needs a good clean. You seem as deluded as Martin, if that is possible 🤔

Judging from the Article CP put out yesterday I still remain cautiously optimistic it'll be done before next Weds, it simply has to be for all parties to be satisfied. The line from Winstone "The people that are going in there have great intentions" says to me that regardless of circumstance it's still likely to happen, but yes it's probably last minute haggling due to liabilities, creditors and whatever else DD has thrown up. Remember it's in the buyers interests for it to go as late as possible as it means the selling party (RM) have minimal time to find and explore alternative solutions.

Judging from the Article CP put out yesterday I still remain cautiously optimistic it'll be done before next Weds, it simply has to be for all parties to be satisfied. The line from Winstone "The people that are going in there have great intentions" says to me that regardless of circumstance it's still likely to happen, but yes it's probably last minute haggling due to liabilities, creditors and whatever else DD has thrown up. Remember it's in the buyers interests for it to go as late as possible as it means the selling party (RM) have minimal time to find and explore alternative solutions.
While everyone from players to staff to fans are acceptable collateral damage, to Ronald anyway…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back