• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if we were overlooked Kenny.

Us, Oldham and chesterfield are the big 3 in this division now.

Opening day and 2 of those 3 face off.

Throw in oldhams story and recent takeover and spending, coupled with the mad house that is SUFC and you've got quite the pre match story.
Southend one of the big three love your sense of humour we need a good laugh at the moment no team training ! no money ! ground falling down ! That’s really made me laugh 😂

Southend one of the big three love your sense of humour we need a good laugh at the moment no team training ! no money ! ground falling down ! That’s really made me laugh 😂
He didn’t say the three best- prepped teams Annie 😉

Personally I think its hard to argue that the three mentioned clubs are not the ‘biggest’ (not necessarily the best) in the NL this coming season.

True, BUT one of these days a judge is just going to say "enough is enough" you've had enough warnings........and we've all had enough of your bull ****e ! ! !
A judge will always delay if a football club can show proof that there is a good possibility the debt will be settled within the next few months. His number one goal is to get the debt settled, rather than close a football club. That's why SUFC have not been wound up by a judge up til now. Warnings were given. Promises were given back, and the debts were eventually paid.

Sorry to be pedantic but you have contradicted yourself
‘Very unlikely” means it could happen, therefore your list of options is incomplete.

No one has said it’s “simple”, most understand it’s at the discretion of the judge.

The only mention of something “automatically” happening is by posters saying we will automatically be wound up if we don’t pay on the 12th.

Amazingly one of our posters with the above view has liked your post when your post contradicts their post 😀
OK, I will try to make my point as clear and concise as possible.

I believe we are very likely to be f..ked (i.e. wound up) if the club is not sold or Ron/third part settles debt by 12th July.

This is my view - I hope that I am proved wrong! This is why like all other fans I pray that we hear some positive news, preferably this week.

Somebody did say something a bit like this (I think it was Ray Winstone on TalkSport). Ray mentioned ‘developing the stadium’ - and he was talking about Fossetts in that context.

However I do know for a fact that Kimura plan to do remedial works on Roots Hall to fix all the issues - toilets, bars, foxes, leaks, roofs etc - including the North West corner so we can use the whole stadium again.

This will be (I think) simply cleaning, repairing, stocking with necessaries (loo paper, beers in the bar, soap in the loos that sort of thing) and a coat of paint.

They definitely aren’t looking to ‘develop’ Roots Hall with a view to keeping it - it will be strictly limited to the time taken to build FF.
Paper and soap in the toilet and beer in the bars , Ron will be kicking himself that he missed these ones.

True, BUT one of these days a judge is just going to say "enough is enough" you've had enough warnings........and we've all had enough of your bull ****e ! ! !

Equally judge will see that Kimura have spent serious time and coin on DD etc. So why make the club fail at this stage when a further delay will mean they get paid and more importantly all the staff and local suppliers that are owed....

Could someone clarify as I’m not 100% sure.

If an embargo is lifted, is there a period afterwards where the club is still unable to make signings or is it instant? (Ie embargo lifted 12th July and signing could potentially be made 13th for example. )

Let's not get carried away with expectations for next season

We are nearly a year behind the other teams thanks to RM and this season's prep is already a couple of months behind.

If the take over is complete, it will probably take us till late October to fully settle down

Mid table finish will be about right and anything matching last season will be a huge success.

Relegation mess? No I still believe we have enough people in the club to prevent this, even with a weak squad

Top half finish will be out target and with new owners, the season will feel amazing 🙌🏻

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Well knock me down with a feather.
In his d
This is not some Herbert going in front of a magistrates court for pub fighting, who has more form than count of Monte Cristo.

This is a community football club with thousands of people jobs, entertainment and history at stake which means that a judge is not going to just close us down if he/she sees real progress, with a good chance of a happy ending in the not too distant future.

It's not what we want but if it means getting rid of the ball and chain around our clubs legs (Con Martin) then whatever it takes.

Relegation mess? No I still believe we have enough people in the club to prevent this, even with a weak squad

As of right now I'd say we'll 100% be in a relegation battle, especially with the prospect of a points deduction. Things could look very different in a week but we could well soon see players who we can't offer contracts too leaving. Could even see players in contract handing their notice in after not being paid again, just like Lapata did. All of this is a very real possibility.

Have any of the ITKs said that the players were paid?
I've not seen anything on this, apart from RM saying they would 'probably' be paid Wednesday (yesterday) which if he's paying means they wouldn't have been paid. It would be good to get an update. The ITK known as In The Know seems to have the ear of the players on these matters if he's around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back