• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Save us? You're a Southend fan?
I would describe myself as a nomadic fan . I started off as a Southend fan then became a Brighton fan and for most of my life I was a Chesterfield fan before becoming a Southend fan again when I retired and came back home to south east essex . I do appreciate that people who have enjoyed a life-long connection to Blues are really hurting right now but I don't believe we should over do the sense of gloom and despondency which seems to be on this forum . The very idea that we are being liquidated next week is patently absurd .

For the umpteenth time, no we are not. Why do certain people on here continue to peddle this sort of rubbish?

When SVC was doing his Zoom meetings at the beginning of his re-introduction to the club, he basically stated that in the footballing world the club is held in very low regard, agents won't entertain offers from us etc.

No news today. Got to wrap it up tomorrow or it's not looking good
It's not looking good regardless of whether you stick an arbitrary deadline of Friday on it, but the lack of noise doesn't mean there's been any retracement in terms of progress on the takeover.

We all want this done yesterday. We're all nervous about what the National League and HMRC may or may not do. We all understand the player's stance, want them to stay and start training as a group so we don't get massacred at the start of the season. Everyone wants the embargo lifted. I still remain confident we'll haul ourselves off the ropes and win this biggest of battles. Ron needs to sell, Kimura want to buy and a vast majority of the hurdles have been cleared.

I would describe myself as a nomadic fan . I started off as a Southend fan then became a Brighton fan and for most of my life I was a Chesterfield fan before becoming a Southend fan again when I retired and came back home to south east essex . I do appreciate that people who have enjoyed a life-long connection to Blues are really hurting right now but I don't believe we should over do the sense of gloom and despondency which seems to be on this forum . The very idea that we are being liquidated next week is patently absurd .
I`m afraid years of Martin has made us hurt, and we don`t know what the outcome of this saga will deliver. Next Wednesday is D-Day IMHO, if this sale has not gone through.
Your last line, the Judge will be the one who delivers that judgement.
They must be sick to death of the sight of seeing Martin. like we all are!!?

This is bafflingly arrogant. Ron has to come up with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of pounds by next Wednesday to satisfy creditors and discharge the petition. If that isn't done then the judge will decide what happens next, not Ron, not you, not me.

Heaven help us because Ron Martin certainly isn't.

It's not looking good regardless of whether you stick an arbitrary deadline of Friday on it, but the lack of noise doesn't mean there's been any retracement in terms of progress on the takeover.

We all want this done yesterday. We're all nervous about what the National League and HMRC may or may not do. We all understand the player's stance, want them to stay and start training as a group so we don't get massacred at the start of the season. Everyone wants the embargo lifted. I still remain confident we'll haul ourselves off the ropes and win this biggest of battles. Ron needs to sell, Kimura want to buy and a vast majority of the hurdles have been cleared.
More hurdles than crufts. Feels like more than quibbles and that game playing is dragging this out. Grasping of the nettle is required, it seems…

This is bafflingly arrogant. Ron has to come up with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of pounds by next Wednesday to satisfy creditors and discharge the petition. If that isn't done then the judge will decide what happens next, not Ron, not you, not me.

Heaven help us because Ron Martin certainly isn't.
Obviously , you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, Liam ,but I don't accept the position is as bad as you think it is .

For the umpteenth time, no we are not. Why do certain people on here continue to peddle this sort of rubbish?

When SVC was doing his Zoom meetings at the beginning of his re-introduction to the club, he basically stated that in the footballing world the club is held in very low regard, agents won't entertain offers from us etc.
Fans of other clubs know a club is its fans - and Blues fans are hugely admired for their loyalty and fortitude though the crap you've endured for so long. Hopefully you'll be through the worst of it very soon. Best wishes

Hammers fan\Blues admirer

For all we know, the deal could be done and ready for sign off tomorrow or it could be miles off. One thing is for sure, the club won’t tell us.

My gut feeling is it won’t be done by 12th and we’ll go to the high court and present the evidence of progress, and we’ll get another adjournment. If we get wound up HMRC don’t get their money, so it’s in everyone’s interest to give the club time to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back