• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if the person or company owed the £1.5m or whatever were to join in the WUP, that would mean that Ron wouldn't just have to find the money for HMRC next Wednesday but also that on top, which I very much doubt he will be able to do.

Aside from waiting to see if he picks up the Euromillions prize, he would therefore be in a bit of a corner with only one option.

If that were to happen of course. And I don't know if it has.

#justsaying
What £1.5m is this? There was a rumour about a £1.5m debt found during DD ….but it’s just that…yet another rumour. No ITK confirmation that it exists….again if any ITK poster believes it exists please put me right.

This is positive and should be supported. If they can make RH a slightly better experience then people will come back. Small things like a bit of paint, fox the scoreboard, a jet wash will make a big difference
Absolutely agreed. It’s not even difficult stuff, just the absolute basics and I’m sure that’ll happen.

Some elements might not be ready for the first game of the season (in just 4 weeks time!) - e.g. the North West corner roof and cleaning - but they’ll follow asap behind.

I am just really hoping we can get our football club - and team, including recruitment - in order in time for that game against Oldham because it should be a party atmosphere.

Also that match has to be a bloody strong candidate to be the televised NL match that weekend….

It would be amazing to pull off a performance and result worthy of the occasion, rather than get spanked because we are so far behind in our prep. The next few 7 days will determine what kind of season we’ll have to a massive extent.

Let’s hope things can be nailed down well before the court date - given Ron’s influence on that though I’d recommend wearing your lucky pants, getting your prayer mat out etc because Kimura will need all the positive energy we can muster.

Absolutely agreed. It’s not even difficult stuff, just the absolute basics and I’m sure that’ll happen.

Some elements might not be ready for the first game of the season (in just 4 weeks time!) - e.g. the North West corner roof and cleaning - but they’ll follow asap behind.

I am just really hoping we can get our football club - and team, including recruitment - in order in time for that game against Oldham because it should be a party atmosphere.

Also that match has to be a bloody strong candidate to be the televised NL match that weekend….

It would be amazing to pull off a performance and result worthy of the occasion, rather than get spanked because we are so far behind in our prep. The next few 7 days will determine what kind of season we’ll have to a massive extent.

Let’s hope things can be nailed down well before the court date - given Ron’s influence on that though I’d recommend wearing your lucky pants, getting your prayer mat out etc because Kimura will need all the positive energy we can muster.
Are Kimura (Kris) confident of getting it done and making RM engage on the remaining issues by 12th (my bloody birthday too)?

So it’s not important to fact check people now? One Torquay will not be getting our fixtures, two if there is proof a sale is close there is no guarantee that we will be shut down, three it is extremely unlikely we will get moved to the isthmian at this point and four it is unlikely that if we get an adjournment that we will get kicked out of the league by the NL at this point although I imagine on this point conversations may be had by the NL.

It’s not about shutting people down but it is about being able to point out things that are incorrect or on the very extreme point of something. The emotional rollercoaster we have all been on recently isn’t helped by misinformation and false statements. It has a huge impact on people’s mental health and causes unnecessary concerns. Plus around your point of this being a message board surely that allows people to challenge points freely. You are effectively saying it is fine for people to do the above but no one is allowed to push back which is hypocritical of the last point.
You were not just pointing things out. You were rude and offensive. You also grossly exaggerate the importance of individual opinions. Who are we to shoot down another poster's views no matter what we may think of them. You are free to disagree but not to be unpleasant

Just looking at us and other clubs, I do wonder if it's more than a coincidence that our first preseason game is just a day before the court case when most other clubs are playing this week. I'm hoping that this is because the club have known all along that the deal will be done just before the 12th and we can go into that game with a fresh start. Maybe they knew that this week was too soon and that's why they didn't pencil in a game.

In fairness, we were always told by TL that there would be dark days before it got better and maybe the end part of the sale was always going to be the darkest. They had the figures and accounts in front of them, what money would be available etc. I think they always knew that it was going to pan out like this. Let's just hope that the flickering light will remain on by the 12th.

I also think it's very unlikely that a judge will grant us a further adjournment given Ron's track record.

I believe that the only options are for the club to be sold by 12th August or for Ron/third party to settle all outstanding debt prior to the court date.

I think some here are being a bit too optimistic that we will automatically get a further adjournment. It unfortunately is not that simple and will be at the discretion of the judge.
Sorry to be pedantic but you have contradicted yourself
‘Very unlikely” means it could happen, therefore your list of options is incomplete.

No one has said it’s “simple”, most understand it’s at the discretion of the judge.

The only mention of something “automatically” happening is by posters saying we will automatically be wound up if we don’t pay on the 12th.

Amazingly one of our posters with the above view has liked your post when your post contradicts their post 😀

Are Kimura (Kris) confident of getting it done and making RM engage on the remaining issues by 12th (my bloody birthday too)?
I don’t know, Kriss doesn’t discuss anything covered by the NDA so discussions are appropriately broad brush when it comes to remaining negotiations. Kriss and Ron are hopefully both fully aware, and sufficiently near an agreement that (if Ron is also willing) they really ought to be able to lock themselves in a room for an evening and be determined not to leave until the final points are agreed. I do believe that is achievable (including by Ron) but the proof is always in the pudding….

All the rest of us can do is sit tight, hoping to heck, and keep refreshing all our social media to within an inch of its’ life….

I am just really hoping we can get our football club - and team, including recruitment - in order in time for that game against Oldham because it should be a party atmosphere. Also that match has to be a bloody strong candidate to be the televised NL match that weekend….

I reckon more likely BT will go for Rochdale vs. Ebbsfleet - Dale just relegated from L2, Ebbsfleet just up from VNS.

Interesting to hear there are plans to give Roots Hall some TLC after the takeover, no point spending too much on it in the long term, but just tidying some things up a bit will make it a less depressing experience for the fans. I know Tom has said in the past it's costing 200K a year just to do the bare minimum for a Health and Safety pass.

A further delay is better than no sale.......Wouldn't you agree?
Not sure i would, allows Ron to keep running the club and or unpaid wages and debtors, and maybe the HMRC lose patience in agreeing extensions with the court at some stage they will firmly push for now or never. For me i would rather no extension and make the deal happen asap.

I reckon more likely BT will go for Rochdale vs. Ebbsfleet - Dale just relegated from L2, Ebbsfleet just up from VNS.

Interesting to hear there are plans to give Roots Hall some TLC after the takeover, no point spending too much on it in the long term, but just tidying some things up a bit will make it a less depressing experience for the fans. I know Tom has said in the past it's costing 200K a year just to do the bare minimum for a Health and Safety pass.

I'd be very surprised if we were overlooked Kenny.

Us, Oldham and chesterfield are the big 3 in this division now.

Opening day and 2 of those 3 face off.

Throw in oldhams story and recent takeover and spending, coupled with the mad house that is SUFC and you've got quite the pre match story.

I know your only trolling but this is not the case. It can easily be further delayed. Just like the previous 25 dooms days that never happened.
True, BUT one of these days a judge is just going to say "enough is enough" you've had enough warnings........and we've all had enough of your bull ****e ! ! !

I don’t know, Kriss doesn’t discuss anything covered by the NDA so discussions are appropriately broad brush when it comes to remaining negotiations. Kriss and Ron are hopefully both fully aware, and sufficiently near an agreement that (if Ron is also willing) they really ought to be able to lock themselves in a room for an evening and be determined not to leave until the final points are agreed. I do believe that is achievable (including by Ron) but the proof is always in the pudding….

All the rest of us can do is sit tight, hoping to heck, and keep refreshing all our social media to within an inch of its’ life….
Spiffing response. Much appreciated. My poor phone battery doesn’t make it past 12pm due to aforementioned refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back