• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpers Trust offer to support unpaid Southend United staff​

This is the headline of an article in the Echo 3 hours ago.

3 hrs ago
SOUTHEND UNITED FC
FOOTBALL
SPORT

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
4 Comments
Tough times - for Southend United (Image: FOCUS IMAGES)

THE Shrimpers Trust have announced plans to help unpaid members of staff at Southend United.
Some workers at the Shrimpers have gone four months without a single salary while players have stopped pre-season training together after the majority of the squad did not pick up their June pay packets last Friday.
And the Trust have now announced plans to support club employees.
A statement confirmed: “The Shrimpers Trust would like to invite any affected staff members to approach the organisation in the strictest confidence to make an application for support from a hardship fund set-up for this purpose.
Blues’ plans for the forthcoming National League campaign are currently in tatters.
Talks continue for the club to be sold but a statement issued by the joint supporters groups again underlined fans’ fears for the future, on the same day the fixtures were released for the 2023/24 campaign.
“This is a day that should bring optimism and excitement about what is to come over the coming campaign but, instead, Blues fans have been met this week with reports that the first-team squad have halted pre-season training with some players not having been paid their June wages,” said the statement.
“We wholeheartedly support the players’ collective decision to suspend training until all members are paid.”

Waking up and checking the various sources for news, this thread included.

Not the final announcement I and everyone else is waiting for sadly. But a fair few lovely comments about my silly bit of mucking around on the internet last night my time and the video that came from it.

It cheered me up making it, glad it’s given others a bit of a laugh and thanks for the love.

Not the final announcement I and everyone else is waiting for sadly. But a fair few lovely comments about my silly bit of mucking around on the internet last night my time and the video that came from it.

It cheered me up making it, glad it’s given others a bit of a laugh and thanks for the love.
Absolute genius

Fantastic. Really appreciated.

A big week in the history of this amazing football club. Stay positive all.
Yes. Massive few days ahead. Last week I was expecting it to get done. But by midweek, no positive rumblings and it wasn’t happening. This week, the positivity seems to be growing - although there is clearly more to do. Let’s hope it carries on and we get a deal and some fine people take the club forward. Awooooga. Wallop. Booma

And to be clear. I have no ITK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back