• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hypothetically say the deal is done but it needs one more day before money can be released, so July 13th. All parties are present in court and agree in front of the judge. There is no way the judge will wind us up. It is not final, not by a long way.
Whilst i agree it isn't final i wouldn't say by a long way, sadly it just be 50/50. If all parties are present including the debtors, how many debtors would it take to say no we are not waiting another day for the judge to say ok thats it then? Don’t get me wrong thats very unlikely to happen however it is a possibility. HMRC really hold the sway i would guess and they will get there money no matter what as they get cleared first I believe from any finds from sale of assets (if there are any)

Just hoping its all done and dusted by the end of the week or Monday

Whilst i agree it isn't final i wouldn't say by a long way, sadly it just be 50/50. If all parties are present including the debtors, how many debtors would it take to say no we are not waiting another day for the judge to say ok thats it then? Don’t get me wrong thats very unlikely to happen however it is a possibility. HMRC really hold the sway i would guess and they will get there money no matter what as they get cleared first I believe from any finds from sale of assets (if there are any)

Just hoping its all done and dusted by the end of the week or Monday

The debtors don't get a 'vote' as such. It's the judges decision. Wasn't it the last winding up application where HMRC, who were the sole creditor, objected to an adjournment - judge gave it anyway. HMRC won't get repaid if they wind us up - outstanding employee wages are ahead of them

Last edited:
This was sent to me by a guy that used to work for him many years ago.

"Hi mate, he was a really odd bloke to work for, if he went on holiday and it coincided with the monthly pay day he left strict instructions will the accounts lady not to pay any of the staff until he came back! He was pretty rude and did some very big deals back in the day but stitched people up whenever he could"

RM is just a parasite on the club.

Him to a tee.

parasite
noun

1. 1.
    an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

Last edited:

Shrimpers Trust offer to support unpaid Southend United staff​

Some workers at the Shrimpers have gone four months without a single salary while players have stopped pre-season training together after the majority of the squad did not pick up their June pay packets last Friday.

And the Trust have now announced plans to support club employees.

A statement confirmed: “The Shrimpers Trust would like to invite any affected staff members to approach the organisation in the strictest confidence to make an application for support from a hardship fund set-up for this purpose.

Blues’ plans for the forthcoming National League campaign are currently in tatters.

Talks continue for the club to be sold but a statement issued by the joint supporters groups again underlined fans’ fears for the future, on the same day the fixtures were released for the 2023/24 campaign.

“This is a day that should bring optimism and excitement about what is to come over the coming campaign but, instead, Blues fans have been met this week with reports that the first-team squad have halted pre-season training with some players not having been paid their June wages,” said the statement.

“We wholeheartedly support the players’ collective decision to suspend training until all members are paid.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back