• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was REALLY hoping they'd revert to the original design with the hotel, which has planning permission, and consign that horrendous carbuncle with the blocks of flats built in to the nearest shredder. From other comments its sounding like they want to keep the flats in..:Frustrated:

Kimura Out!
(Only kidding, obviously, before I get :Gun:)

Surely if a price has already been agreed then that price would cover what is included in the sale, I would guess any problems now are surrounding the issues they're uncovering during DD rather than whats actually included in the deal.

Not only is there a lack of understanding of NDA on here but there also seems to be an assumption that DD is a simple process. Perhaps reading the below might help to relax some people

Thanks orm ,good read

Whether it’s correct or not I don’t know. It may have been the original wish. But do search for Awooga posts on here as that poster seemed to at least pretend to know what they were after

so is there going to be some sort of 'official' announcement or are we all constantly refreshing Twitter waiting for Kerry the Ref to spill the beans?

Nobody is going to just buy the club unfortunately. The worth is in the new facilities and development

The very last people who would buy just the club are some hedge fund mangers.

Far to many football fans believe their future lies with a daft billionaire who wants to waste his money....If not, a known International crim or abusers of human rights will do.....As long as he wastes money on their club.....No wonder the beautiful game is such a decadent mess.

As far as were know Kimura are decent business men. Not sure a tight well run operation will suit a large percentage of our fans......We shall see.

Far to many football fans believe their future lies with a daft billionaire who wants to waste his money....If not, a known International crim or abusers of human rights will do.....As long as he wastes money on their club.....No wonder the beautiful game is such a decadent mess.

As far as were know Kimura are decent business men. Not sure a tight well run operation will suit a large percentage of our fans......We shall see.
Suits me down to the ground!

Check awooga posts. I think they will want a 21000 stadium to be one of the biggest venues in the south east outside of London. That’s also the one with PP I believe
It is. Again long term thinking it makes sense. Also buying something with planning already in place helps enormously you would think, might also explain any pause in progressing revised planning. Owning or access to hotel and some residential would also fit with an ambitious approach to leveraging the venue for revenue streams. Makes eminent sense even if not necessarily true..

That's my fear at the moment, until we know how the club is going to be funded they could say that the club has to run at a profit and make cuts to this effect.

I was REALLY hoping they'd revert to the original design with the hotel, which has planning permission, and consign that horrendous carbuncle with the blocks of flats built in to the nearest shredder. From other comments its sounding like they want to keep the flats in..:Frustrated:

Kimura Out!
(Only kidding, obviously, before I get :Gun:)
Residential was part of the original main stand too. Just less. The original design with Kimura buying the residential element verses revised plans with Ron owning all the residential is quite a lot less residential for Ron. Hence, why he might push back.

But stripping everything out, owning a football stadium except for a biggish residential element built into the fabric of the main stand? Not if you had funding for the whole lot (and it makes you business plan a whole lot more attractive)

Should be in the file marked nice try Ron but let’s quickly move on…

Incorrect.

In order to bind the benefit needs to run with the land. It needs a property that benefits from it.

But even if there is property that benefits from it would the owner of that property want to spend money taking someone to court to enforce it?

I have explained this to you several times (here’s me explaining it to you way back in 2010) so I’m not sure why you continue to get this so wrong?
As Nye Bevan used to say "This is my truth.Now tell me yours".Clearly we have diferent truths where the covenant is concerned.

Until next week's courtcase is heard we're all rather fiddling while Rome burns.Not a good time to be a SUFC supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back