• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my fear at the moment, until we know how the club is going to be funded they could say that the club has to run at a profit and make cuts to this effect.

Of course I don't know for certain but the bizarre thing is their business plan must be the same as Rons was 25 years ago. We won't own RH but if we build a new stadium with 20,000 fans watching in the Championship. Then we will duck out with nice earner.

Of course this would be presented to investors in far more 21st century buzz word sald way than I put it.

Note: This is not a dig at the new boys, they will get my full support.....Just an observation.

That's my fear at the moment, until we know how the club is going to be funded they could say that the club has to run at a profit and make cuts to this effect.
Stripping out transfers losses are bigger than the entire playing budget…I am sure there is a long term plan, with FF integral to that, and the expectation that x needs to be put in short term. Promotion to EFL is I think worth £2m per year, and with FF potentially more given a team in L2 then L1. Doubt the plan involves losing money stuck in the NL for the next three years, and the opening game in FF being a NL bail biter against Ebbsfleet…

As Nye Bevan used to say "This is my truth.Now tell me yours".Clearly we have diferent truths where the covenant is concerned.

Until next week's courtcase is heard we're all rather fiddling while Rome burns.Not a good time to be a SUFC supporter.
Except Rome isn't burning, I know your one of those supporters who would like that but its not...... Its more a disagreement over who will own the top tier of the colosseum.

ORM is correct. Due dilligence usually takes several months in a takeover of this magnitude, we are talking £millions and probably a lot of interwoven assets arond RM's web of various companies that may need to be untangled. In addition an NDA by its very nature means you dont give people a running commentary of where things are at. I appreciate this is an emotive issue for many but its also a complex business transaction. Some people's expectations need to be tempered.

The very last people who would buy just the club are some hedge fund mangers.

Far to many football fans believe their future lies with a daft billionaire who wants to waste his money....If not, a known International crim or abusers of human rights will do.....As long as he wastes money on their club.....No wonder the beautiful game is such a decadent mess.

As far as were know Kimura are decent business men. Not sure a tight well run operation will suit a large percentage of our fans......We shall see.
Actually it the only way to ensure a long term investment in the playing side on a sustainable footing. And fits perfectly the philosophy of the current football development. So we should be very pleased.

I thought it was the opposite tbh.

They want the 21,000 seater stadium that was agreed and planning given rather than the reduced design without planning?
Given that I'm led to believe they want to take a 2 year lease on Roots Hall I would agree.

2 years is about how long it would take to build a stadium. It would be a lot longer if they needed to wait for planning permission as well.

Except Rome isn't burning, I know your one of those supporters who would like that but its not...... Its more a disagreement over who will own the top tier of the colosseum.
The fact is that nobody (as I understand it) knows exaclly what is happening .If you do please feel free to enlighten us.

ORM is correct. Due dilligence usually takes several months in a takeover of this magnitude, we are talking £millions and probably a lot of interwoven assets arond RM's web of various companies that may need to be untangled. In addition an NDA by its very nature means you dont give people a running commentary of where things are at. I appreciate this is an emotive issue for many but its also a complex business transaction. Some people's expectations need to be tempered.
We are four weeks from agreeing heads of terms/price. And I have no doubt it could have been done by now without Ron’s alleged heel digging. In the end something is always driving timescales, time is always working for someone- I have had acquisitions bigger than this take a couple of years, similarly, where there has been something immovable driving it, as short as 2-3 weeks. There isn’t a set timeframe. Which is good as it means we can all be right and wrong at the same time :-)

We are four weeks from agreeing heads of terms/price. And I have no doubt it could have been done by now without Ron’s alleged heel digging. In the end something is always driving timescales, time is always working for someone- I have had acquisitions bigger than this take a couple of years, similarly, where there has been something immovable driving it, as short as 2-3 weeks. There isn’t a set timeframe. Which is good as it means we can all be right and wrong at the same time :-)

Had Ron kicked off this sales process a long time ago, he would have had a much better bargaining position, especially while we were still in the EFL.

The club doesn't have another 4 weeks to hang on for

Of course I don't know for certain but the bizarre thing is their business plan must be the same as Rons was 25 years ago. We won't own RH but if we build a new stadium with 20,000 fans watching in the Championship. Then we will duck out with nice earner.

Of course this would be presented to investors in far more 21st century buzz word sald way than I put it.

Note: This is not a dig at the new boys, they will get my full support.....Just an observati
So when this deal is annoounnced the current Chairman will be the owner of Roots Hall and (a large part of) FF?

The very last people who would buy just the club are some hedge fund mangers.

Far to many football fans believe their future lies with a daft billionaire who wants to waste his money....If not, a known International crim or abusers of human rights will do.....As long as he wastes money on their club.....No wonder the beautiful game is such a decadent mess.

As far as were know Kimura are decent business men. Not sure a tight well run operation will suit a large percentage of our fans......We shall see.

I think you are the last person who should be labelling what suits fans after being a staunch supporter of the man who has decimated this club. You got that all woefully wrong didn't you!

The club doesn't have another 4 weeks to hang on for
My view too, there is a chance the judge next week doesn't grant an extension no matter what is there. Those companies owed monies will be pushing for it to be paid and if it isn't done before the hearing then there is a chance the Judge doesn't grant an extension. It is unlikely but there is a chance, there is also still the chance of a points deduction (not sure what the maximum deduction is but that could lead to maybe the buyer reconsidering). This may sound pessimistic but i am try =ing to not get ahead of any situation and be pragmatic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back