• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Ron kicked off this sales process a long time ago, he would have had a much better bargaining position, especially while we were still in the EFL.
Plan was always to sell once stadium was completed. That was also the logical time to sell. And at that time he would have expected to be in the best bargaining of all….

What was the quote? “Events dear boy, events”…

If this takes another 4 weeks.

How do we get the players training,
get the pre season completed or even makes signings and get past the 12th July?

I can't see how a 4 week wait even works.

Agree neither do I, i would go as far as to say it doesn't work at all. Early August players not training, if they haven’t been pai for July unlikely they will get Augusts, does that mean a points deduction ? (obviously I hope not) but 4 more weeks is something I just do not think the club has in the timeline. Personally at the stage where I do not care whose fault it is for the delays (if there have been any, i have no inside info at all and there seems to be a lot of contradiction y info out there), i just want the deal done so the club moves forward. At the end of the day thats what we all want surely, so that should be the focus not finger pointing as that isn't going to help anything.

Where is this 4 weeks to go coming from? @kentblues mentioned that it’s been 4 weeks since the deal was agreed, we need to be careful not to start unsubstantiated rumours, there’s enough going on already.
We are four weeks from agreeing heads of terms/price. And I have no doubt it could have been done by now without Ron’s alleged heel digging. In the end something is always driving timescales, time is always working for someone- I have had acquisitions bigger than this take a couple of years, similarly, where there has been something immovable driving it, as short as 2-3 weeks. There isn’t a set timeframe. Which is good as it means we can all be right and wrong at the same time :-)

Where is this 4 weeks to go coming from? @kentblues mentioned that it’s been 4 weeks since the deal was agreed, we need to be careful not to start unsubstantiated rumours, there’s enough going on already.
I read it as 4 weeks form now as according to a lot of rumours, the price was agreed and then it wasnt as there was some unforeseen debt and there were issues around the price due to that (be that unidentified or insurance required) so the price would then need ot be agreed again if they were not forthcoming. I was assuming kentblues was posting as an ITK as he is always so definite about his comments

Hence why I said so many rumours out there I have no idea whats true or not, just want it done so the club can move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back