• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite easy to criticise the Trust when:

a) You don't know what they're doing behind the scenes.
b) You haven't dedicated time to join the Trust to make your own views known and drive the direction of travel.

For me, the Trust have had the unenviable task having to make peace with the fact that their contributions to the club have simultaneously aided Ron Martin's cause. Maybe if the Trust could go back in time, they'd do things differently, but their intentions have always been for the best of the club and we'd be worse off (if that's possible) without them.

You seem very pro this potential 2nd/3rd party, are you associated with them? Is that why we’ve never heard they’re very far along in the process because this is their aim? They want us to go into administration?
Sure is

Well then they shouldn’t have handed over the money then
At the time it was to safeguard some payments to club employees. It was in good faith as they were supporting them as is their remit. Since of course it seems RM has shat on them to but he did say it would be paid back by August. The figure involved is the life blood of The Trust and would take years to replace. If RM renegades on his promise to it will not come as a shock to most of us.

It's the Shrimpers' Trust's turn for misdirected frustration, I see!

Whilst it's getting unbearably close to D-Day for the club, it's not the fault of the Shrimpers' Trust, or other fans for not protesting or Chris Philips (fairly sure he's got dragged into the blame game somewhere over the past 500 pages), or whoever else we think hasn't done enough to save the club.

We all know the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the Bouffant Buffoon - there's no point lashing out at anyone else.

At the time it was to safeguard some payments to club employees. It was in good faith as the were supporting them as is their remit. Since of course it seems RM has shat on them to but he did say it would be paid back by August. The figure involved is the life blood of The Trust and would take years to replace. If RM renegades on his promise to it will not come as a shock to most of us.
Exactly my point! The trust committee have been far to easily fooled by Con Martin. When they in reality are a supporters group not a group to support the failing chairman.

I think it’s worth mentioning that the trust have been dealing with (in my opinion) easily the worst chairman in English football at any level (possibly ever?), I don’t think anyone could have done a much better job to be honest and if you’re really that unhappy with it then join the trust and have a chance to vote on who does what!

The reality is that most people don’t want that level of responsibility as well as their jobs. If they hadn’t lent the money would we have been able to complete our games last season!?

The last time trust members were not told what was going on in the backgound the trust committee agreed to loan the club(Con Martin) £40K!
In fairness they had no choice but to action this as staff where in dire need of funding
You have a chance to go on the committee, stand when election time comes and I think you will be welcomed to take some of the workload of them

Exactly my point! The trust committee have been far to easily fooled by Con Martin. When they in reality are a supporters group not a group to support the failing chairman.
What would you have done? What would you do now? Specifics. So far, I see a lot of criticism aimed at the Trust but detail around what steps you'd undertake have been absent. If you're looking to apportion blame, only one target should be on your radar, and that's not the Trust.

It's the Shrimpers' Trust's turn for misdirected frustration, I see!

Whilst it's getting unbearably close to D-Day for the club, it's not the fault of the Shrimpers' Trust, or other fans for not protesting or Chris Philips (fairly sure he's got dragged into the blame game somewhere over the past 500 pages), or whoever else we think hasn't done enough to save the club.

We all know the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the Bouffant Buffoon - there's no point lashing out at anyone else.
Exactly. Ron doesn’t change his line for anyone. Not sure what the trust really can do - it’s all in Ron’s hands. I’m looking forward to what they are planning though and hope it can make something happen.

Is there not a way the crook can be forced out? Surely not paying tax bills and staff we can do something for someone to take some sort of action against him.?
The action would be to force the club into administration. Is that the route you’d want to go down?

Kimura are backed by institutional investors - they absolutely will have a breaking point - it’s all about the return for these guys - if the DD has uncovered problems / costs that were not factored in - if the numbers no longer work, they will move on. Ron / his advisors must know this, so they are playing a very dangerous game.

I also wonder how much those sums have changed in the last month as the cost of borrowing goes up.

He owns Roots Hall - he must be able to sell it.

I’d have thought he’s already contracted to sell it to to the development company.

What would you have done? What would you do now? Specifics. So far, I see a lot of criticism aimed at the Trust but detail around what steps you'd undertake have been absent. If you're looking to apportion blame, only one target should be on your radar, and that's not the Trust.
Trevor you have only picked out the criticism and overlooked the praise I have given the trust.
I am a life member of the trust and have been for over 20 years.
Regarding the £40k it would have been quite easy for the trust committee to have a members vote online and a very quick result.
I do now hope the Trust committee have fully realised the full extent of the actions of Mr Martin and like Tom Brown's schooldays are holding Martin's backside to the fire rather than tickling his tummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back