• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think if Ron can get a couple of million out of the club sale. He would be happy as he stands to make a fortune out of the property building. That’s where the real wealth is . But Ron wants his cake and eat it .
All I can say is how much money is enough Ron.

Has it escaped you that there is already a wealthy party trying their utmost best to buy the club whilst being hampered along the way.
If both parties are able to reach agreement we are saved . If not, perhaps the Trust is in a position to soon announce a Plan B which delivers a solution that the fanbase will support . It is commendable that they are making an effort and lets hope they will succeed - but the sheer amount of debt that exists is a big problem.

I sincerely hope a deal can be done with Kimura in the next couple of weeks . But what happens if it is not . There does need to be a Plan B . What is your Plan B ? The most important thing of all is to get the club out from under a mountain of debt . If there is no buyer coming forward who has deep pockets then the only alternative solution ends up with the club creditors taking the hit . Footballing creditors have full protection under the regulations because they are super creditors . The only form of control Ron ends up with is a tenant /landlord relationship . The charges held by Mezcal are no longer relevant

Your plan B absolutely stinks!

The fact that you're actively peddling it makes me wonder who you are as well - not a former Clairvoyant from Brighton Pier or anyone associated with Chesterfield FC that's for sure! I'm thinking much more close to where the action is taking place - that stinks too!

You would think if Ron can get a couple of million out of the club sale. He would be happy as he stands to make a fortune out of the property building. That’s where the real wealth is . But Ron wants his cake and eat it .
All I can say is how much money is enough Ron.

I suspect there's a number he needs to get that allows him to write off the rest of the debt. In his mind it might be trying to limit the losses rather than making a gain. He thinks he's put in, what is it 25m? over the years. Let's say he receives 2m that would be a 23m loss to him, I'm not sure if the companies that have lent the club cash can afford to write this off at this stage of the FF development

Your plan B absolutely stinks!

The fact that you're actively peddling it makes me wonder who you are as well - not a former Clairvoyant from Brighton Pier or anyone associated with Chesterfield FC that's for sure! I'm thinking much more close to where the action is taking place - that stinks too!
Absolutely, it infuriates me he thinks this is an option that good people and suppliers including supporters who have paid in advance for season tickets can be just sent down the pan to enable RM to walk away debt free and land worth fortunes.

**** that!

Guys, I'm quite behind in the posts so apologies if this has been covered already.

Bearing in mind we are in a period of adjournment, is administration even an option for us now? I thought it was only possible before a hearing (and, once the WUP is served, we have to apply for an adjournment to consider whether administration is the best thing for the creditors and the petitioner?)

Not my area so I'm happy to be corrected if someone has the relevant experience in that area of law (I can't contact my colleagues until tomorrow).

I think we would be much better off without Ron but how exactly is that to be achieved if nobody who is very wealthy is willing to come forward to buy the club.
Kimura have access to a lot of liquid capital but are not interested in dealing with Ron beyond what is absolutely necessary. Ron Martin has tied the club in knots over 25 years, the idea that someone somewhere will just walk up and say "I'll take the lot, warts & all; name your price" without any sort of assessment is as moronic as it is naïve.

Kimura are real business people, they want to know what it is they're buying before they hand over millions of pounds. If they WEREN'T doing this I'd be terrified.

I suspect there's a number he needs to get that allows him to write off the rest of the debt. In his mind it might be trying to limit the losses rather than making a gain. He thinks he's put in, what is it 25m? over the years. Let's say he receives 2m that would be a 23m loss to him, I'm not sure if the companies that have lent the club cash can afford to write this off at this stage of the FF development
No it isn't, he put in money by borrowing against the lands once held by the club. He personally has put in **** all or Elounda would not be sitting with 39 mill borrowings on their accounts for this.

If both parties are able to reach agreement we are saved . If not, perhaps the Trust is in a position to soon announce a Plan B which delivers a solution that the fanbase will support . It is commendable that they are making an effort and lets hope they will succeed - but the sheer amount of debt that exists is a big problem.
The Trust helps in many different ways. Short term and long term. So they may or may not be helping in the way you expect. I'm not and never have been a member of the Trust, but fully support and applaud them for all they do.

No it isn't, he put in money by borrowing against the lands once held by the club. He personally has put in **** all or Elounda would not be sitting with 39 mill borrowings on their accounts for this.
I think we're on the same page, he needs a certain amount in order to repay the cash he's borrowed and put into the club.

That is of course not to mention if that was the plan b route all the season tickets buyers will be ****ed along the way
If all falls through, I can't see anyway even a Phoenix Club would be playing this coming season. In which case provided Season Tickets were purchased with a Credit Card then the money wouldn't be lost.

I'd wager doing more than you and pretty much most other people, whilst simultaneously holding down their paid jobs.
Unfortunately the Shrimpers Trust have been compromised by Ron for many a year, sidled up to him and accepted his idle promises for far too long. That is not to say that the Trust have achieved impressive membership numbers and done some excellent things in the name of the trust. But I do feel have reacted far to late to the impending doom.

Unfortunately the Shrimpers Trust have been compromised by Ron for many a year, sidled up to him and accepted his idle promises for far too long. That is not to say that the Trust have achieved impressive membership numbers and done some excellent things in the name of the trust. But I do feel have reacted far to late to the impending doom.
I think they may have held a middle ground with the club and supporters which is understandable. This has changed over the past few months and let us not forget RM owes them 60k. They are in action now, just bare with them.

Instead of taking the lead and holding Con Martins feet to the fire, In my opinion the Trust have not shown DD in challenging Martin in his destruction of our club and have often accepted his feeble reasoning and excuses on far too many occasions.
As a recent example the 40K that the trust committee decided to pay the coaching staff, has Con Martin personally guaranteed that this will be paid back ?

Instead of taking the lead and holding Con Martins feet to the fire, In my opinion the Trust have not shown DD in challenging Martin in his destruction of our club and have often accepted his feeble reasoning and excuses on far too many occasions.
As a recent example the 40K that the trust committee decided to pay the coaching staff, has Con Martin personally guaranteed that this will be paid back ?
He did guarantee a repayment of the 60k but that means **** all to him.. just words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back