• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, administration could result in explusion from the NL steps and entry into the Ithsmian (or other). It would devalue the asset enormously. It is in no ones interest to allow that to happen.
Should we be expelled from the National League, we won't be going into the Isthmian League.

We would be in limbo just like Bury. The best we could hope for, if the club still existed, would be admittance into Step 5 (Essex Senior League) for 2024/25. Although it would more likely be Step 6.

That is of course not to mention if that was the plan b route all the season tickets buyers will be ****ed along the way

Did anyone think Ron would walk away from the money his companies have put into the club without realising the profit on FF first?
I certainly didn't, I thought he'd sell after FF was built. I still think that was his plan, but events, or lack of cash has meant he's moved to his plan B to sell before FF is realised. But I might have missed what your question was leading to.

I sincerely hope a deal can be done with Kimura in the next couple of weeks . But what happens if it is not . There does need to be a Plan B . What is your Plan B ? The most important thing of all is to get the club out from under a mountain of debt . If there is no buyer coming forward who has deep pockets then the only alternative solution ends up with the club creditors taking the hit . Footballing creditors have full protection under the regulations because they are super creditors . The only form of control Ron ends up with is a tenant /landlord relationship . The charges held by Mezcal are no longer relevant .
Whilst I agree there does need to be a "Plan B"...I'd suggest any such plan that enables Ron/Ron companies to retain any form of control (Landlord/Tenant) will be met with huge opposition from fans. This is an opportunity now for a complete parting of ways and it needs to be grabbed with both hands.

I certainly didn't, I thought he'd sell after FF was built. I still think that was his plan, but events, or lack of cash has meant he's moved to his plan B to sell before FF is realised. But I might have missed what your question was leading to.

It's leading to nothing. I doubt anyone here would walk away from several million either.

Playing with fire. Risks the club's membership of the National League and raises even more uncertainty about next steps.

Clean break needed. Any situation which gives RM any say over proceedings - such as Administration, as he is the biggest creditor - has to be a no go.
Can this actually get any worse? And I already know the answer ffs

i thought it was down to the administrators to sell a going concern to the best bid, but i know this happens again and again, surely martin wouldnt be allowed to buy the club(albeit if we go under) under the guise of one of his many other companies ??
Being the major creditor I believe he would have the final say on the CVA -See Leeds and Ken Bates where he screwed over everyone to retain the club.
The difference here is RM needs his money back, and if any prospective new owner is considering administration to ringfence their liabilities , I imagine he will refuse to sell.

Whilst I agree there does need to be a "Plan B"...I'd suggest any such plan that enables Ron/Ron companies to retain any form of control (Landlord/Tenant) will be met with huge opposition from fans. This is an opportunity now for a complete parting of ways and it needs to be grabbed with both hands.
I think we would be much better off without Ron but how exactly is that to be achieved if nobody who is very wealthy is willing to come forward to buy the club.

Playing with fire. Risks the club's membership of the National League and raises even more uncertainty about next steps.

Clean break needed. Any situation which gives RM any say over proceedings - such as Administration, as he is the biggest creditor - has to be a no go.
That is my fear and with the emergence of a new poster rattling his sabres that this a solution whilst RM leaves his destruction of the club in his wake is frightening.

I think you might want to look at your maths😀
Yes £10K may be on the low side but not sure it would take much more than £20K to get players paid up to date if several senior players have been paid already. 10 players at £500 per week. I can't imagine some of those stepping up from semi professional are on much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back