• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one idea could be the Trust becoming a bidder itself on behalf of fans . It would mean a great deal of fundraising work would be needed . Paul is an excellent chairman of the trust and OBL does great work with the youngsters . Also we have SUCET that does good charitable work in the community . The new owners do not need to be wealthy . Exeter City manages to keep afloat and nobody would suggest they are wealthy owners .
Ron wants millions. Other trusts only because majority shareholders in their respective clubs through insolvency events.

In the short term getting some wages paid would be good if not critical. If as reliably suggested seven of the players have been paid it would presumably take about £10-£20K to get the rest up to date and avoid contract breaches then at least we have a squad to start the season with. Compared with the sums allegedly spent on DD it sounds quite trivial.

Surely Ron's substantial profit is in the development so why is he trying to screw the potential new owners?
Sorry I nearly forgot........greedy ba....rd.
Just move on Ronald and make your millions elsewhere ! ! !

If the sale doesn't go through by the 12th, does that mean the club will be wound up?

And then Martin gets nothing?

If so, that makes no sense. Eternal optimist that I am, I'm thinking that we are at the 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' stage here, because it's the only reason why Martin hasn't pay their wages. It's not in his interests otherwise, surely?
If club fold can rm sell RH for housing. Just asking if he can then he will get something even if club goes under.

Kimura are backed by institutional investors - they absolutely will have a breaking point - it’s all about the return for these guys - if the DD has uncovered problems / costs that were not factored in - if the numbers no longer work, they will move on. Ron / his advisors must know this, so they are playing a very dangerous game.
If this were the case it makes me question why they're pursuing the purchase of a football club when we all know many clubs are making a loss.

I'd be interested to learn how many clubs Championship and below breakeven.

Perhaps is just enough at this point to communicate the Trust ARE actively working on stuff, because beyond a few statements a couple of weeks back it’s been very quiet - something the statements have chastised Ron and the club for in the past.

It’s great to hear stuff is afoot though and desperately looking forward to what action the Trust are going to take next.
I'm amazed that anyone would seriously think that the Trust Board and other supporter group leads would be sitting back and not doing any strategic planning!

If club fold can rm sell RH for housing. Just asking if he can then he will get something even if club goes under.
Under the current planning permission there needs to be a stadium built at FF before RH can be knocked down. But I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination that if there were no football club then the conditions of the current planning permission could be altered or a new planning application submitted.

However if the club were to fold then that may call into question the financial health of his other companies as the inter company debt would need to be written down, and he would potentially lose control/ownership of RH. I think this is the main reason he has kept the club alive so far - and of course because he funcking loves the club.

Under the current planning permission there needs to be a stadium built at FF before RH can be knocked down. But I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination that if there were no football club then the conditions of the current planning permission could be altered or a new planning application submitted.

However if the club were to fold then that may call into question the financial health of his other companies as the inter company debt would need to be written down, and he would potentially lose control/ownership of RH. I think this is the main reason he has kept the club alive so far - and of course because he funcking loves the club.
That is where serious pressure on the council would have to be applied. That land is allocated for a football stadium in the local plan, but the council has housing targets gnawing away at it. Pressure will have to be applied.

It’s because he loves the club!!! Read his emails and ignore his actions :)

I'm amazed that anyone would seriously think that the Trust Board and other supporter group leads would be sitting back and not doing any strategic planning!
To the same point, whenever Ron/Club is quiet, there is outcry (from the Trust) that the lack of communication is poor.

But same token, thats not to say Ron/Club isnt doing stuff behind the scenes too.

Feels like you arguing you only want to have that communication one way (club to fans) but when fans want to hear the Trust are actively doing stuff then thats not right??

EDIT: Also didnt say you werent working on stuff behind the scenes, saying with the lack of comms that you are, its easy for fans to get the perception the Trust is "sitting back". You know what its like on here and Socials with the absolute nonsense rumours that are posted as fact, there has never been a more critical time in the clubs history than RIGHT NOW, so just showing you are with the fans, working on stuff, trying every avenue etc.

Anyone sensible would suspect that is the case anyways, but put that out there front and center than you guys are working round the clock for the club (and us) to save it!

Appreciate what ya'll doing and looking forward to hearing of the plans soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back