• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I've missed It, absolute silence recently from the two local MP's. Not that they may be able to do much, but one would have thought at least an expression of their deep concern as this crisis rolls on to a possibly catostrophic conclusion. After all it's a worry to a large number of people inside (and outside) the City

Unless I've missed It, absolute silence recently from the two local MP's. Not that they may be able to do much, but one would have thought at least an expression of their deep concern as this crisis rolls on to a possibly catostrophic conclusion. After all it's a worry to a large number of people inside (and outside) the City
Anna's saving herself for a possible photo shoot smiling as she singlehandedly saves the club,whilst the Dudd is doing his usual Lord Lucan impression.

I’m at a loss what the trust can do tbh. Try but one stubborn wotsit of a man is the only one who can solve this. Looks like he won’t so depressed and down .
Well one idea could be the Trust becoming a bidder itself on behalf of fans . It would mean a great deal of fundraising work would be needed . Paul is an excellent chairman of the trust and OBL does great work with the youngsters . Also we have SUCET that does good charitable work in the community . The new owners do not need to be wealthy . Exeter City manages to keep afloat and nobody would suggest they are wealthy owners .

The power of 'Want' is greater than the power of 'Need'

Do Kimura want to buy, greater than Ron needs to sell? OR

Does Ron want to sell, greater than Kimura need to buy?

if you get my drift?
Or is it a fair and reasonable offer ie acceptable versus unrealistic expectations, it seems to me RM has agreed a price, but is unwilling to take responsibility for past misdeeds ! Not really surprising .

Is there not a way the crook can be forced out? Surely not paying tax bills and staff we can do something for someone to take some sort of action against him.?

Yes we could force him out by 10:00hrs this morning if we really wanted to. Then what?

Despite the total myth on here , nobody actually wants to buy the 'Club'. They all want the trimmings that go with it. That's what Carl wanted, so do estate agents, Hollywood super heroes and the cockney British actors......Even hedge fund managers.

Its not Oldham, Grimsby or Scunthorpe and buying a house is not the same as buying stadium that doesn't exist.....Whilst renting one that barely exists.

Even if Ron gifted the club to Phoenix group we would be out of the NL within week.

At the moment Its Kimura or bust. So put your trust in their experience, knowledge and ability to close deal.......None of us have any other choice.

Last edited:
Unsurprising that people turn on the Trust because it is an easy target. As it goes, we had a scheduled Board Meeting last night and it's pretty obvious what the main topic of conversation was that took up 75% of the meeting.

To answer a few things, the phoenix plans never went away. The Trust is not a single entity in all this, and has been working hard with other significant persons from other supporters groups, nevertheless, the Trust is the one that attracts the criticism.

I think our chairman, Paul, has forgotten he has a full time job with the amount of work he's currently putting into all this. There is so much going on behind the scenes, including regular dialogue with the local MP and Government representatives, but of course, the majority of supporters don't see that, they just see perceived "inaction".

Last night we discussed several courses of action which will become clearer over the next 48 hours or so - I don't intend to put anything out publicly because, well, then I'd be exposing everything being planned and discussed to RM. It's a tricky situation - how do we let all supporters know what we've been discussing and planning without letting him know?
Just wanted to clarify that my own reference to the Trusts Phoenix Club plans was an attempt at a gallows humour joke and not a dig in any way.

There’s a lot of people among our fanbase who’ve dedicated time and effort to try and keep our club alive - those in the Trust among them.

Please keep fighting the good fight, it is appreciated.

The power of 'Want' is greater than the power of 'Need'

Do Kimura want to buy, greater than Ron needs to sell? OR

Does Ron want to sell, greater than Kimura need to buy?

if you get my drift?

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find that you get what you need......". M Jagger, K Richards

I think its they agreed a deal on 2nd June but now the situation has changed due to the DD uncovering other debts which in theory should knock the original agreed price down but Ron not playing ball. That looks the issue to me.
Exactly this has happened I would suggest. It’s a question of who blinks first now and the concern has to be if one or both don’t.

Not many working days left before the next court appearance and my gut feel is either the sale takes place before the 12th July or the court finally run out of patience with us and calls it a day.. incredibly sad times 🥲

Exactly this has happened I would suggest. It’s a question of who blinks first now and the concern has to be if one or both don’t.

Not many working days left before the next court appearance and my gut feel is either the sale takes place before the 12th July or the court finally run out of patience with us and calls it a day.. incredibly sad times 🥲
Kimura are backed by institutional investors - they absolutely will have a breaking point - it’s all about the return for these guys - if the DD has uncovered problems / costs that were not factored in - if the numbers no longer work, they will move on. Ron / his advisors must know this, so they are playing a very dangerous game.

Kimura are backed by institutional investors - they absolutely will have a breaking point - it’s all about the return for these guys - if the DD has uncovered problems / costs that were not factored in - if the numbers no longer work, they will move on. Ron / his advisors must know this, so they are playing a very dangerous game.
Unfortunately, even if Ron has 'advisors' he will only listen if it suits his objectives. If the advise is counter to his objectives, its fingers in the ears and ' la la la' time!

Agreed here. However, Simon Jackson does have a real affinity for the club and the local area, so I'm hoping that this might contribute to a last push to get this over the line...

See your point but my friend who works at the club and is waiting for wages isn’t so happy about fans boycotting season tickets
Interestingly got an email from a mate yesterday who said he 'd just got 4 tickets in the DB (presumably for the Dons friendly )and hoped that would go towards paying for staff wages.FWIW, think I'd have waited a bit myself.

Come on the kimura lads We are right behind you get this done your be heroes forever…. Watch this club grow with you boys… let’s get it done 🙏🏻🙏🏻💙💙💙

Yes there will be songs sung about you, our saviours, from the terraces,
and will go down in folk law for many years to come.

Your name will always be attributed to, the wording

"Do you remember when we were at our lowest and our saviours, KIMURA came and rescued us, and look at us now, Playing in Europe"

Now that is a legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back