• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week is truly me at my lowest ebb.

I am on a golf week with my three mates at Barnham Broom, usually pee taking Wet Spammers, but even they are being serious. Saying that the support is brilliant and what the club could do with solid backing.

That's how l know it's the most serious it has ever been.

It makes me sick to my core what Martin has done to this once proud football club!

Last edited:
Kimura are backed by institutional investors - they absolutely will have a breaking point - it’s all about the return for these guys - if the DD has uncovered problems / costs that were not factored in - if the numbers no longer work, they will move on. Ron / his advisors must know this, so they are playing a very dangerous game.
If this were the case it makes me question why they're pursuing the purchase of a football club when we all know many clubs are making a loss.

I'd be interested to learn how many clubs Championship and below breakeven.

We still don’t know what Kimura are buying though!! Could it be that they are looking to buy everything - including Fossets development!! If that was the case the investors would be looking at a pretty good return! Just a thought!,

Under the current planning permission there needs to be a stadium built at FF before RH can be knocked down. But I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination that if there were no football club then the conditions of the current planning permission could be altered or a new planning application submitted.

However if the club were to fold then that may call into question the financial health of his other companies as the inter company debt would need to be written down, and he would potentially lose control/ownership of RH. I think this is the main reason he has kept the club alive so far - and of course because he funcking loves the club.

If I remember rightly it says…a football stadium for Southend United Football club or any other such football club….or words to that effect. So the planning conditions (currently) provide for a stadium whether SUFC are here or not.

For me the ‘any other football club’ is a real saving grace for us…it has to be built

If I remember rightly it says…a football stadium for Southend United Football club or any other such football club….or words to that effect. So the planning conditions (currently) provide for a stadium whether SUFC are here or not.

For me the ‘any other football club’ is a real saving grace for us…it has to be built

I think it doesn't stipulate that the stadium has to be occupied by SUFC. But it needs a signed lease I think with a club.

I don't agree the stadium has to be built. In the absence of any football club wanting the stadium at FF it's not entirely logical for the council to dig their heels in and not change the planning conditions if requested - or consider an entirely new application at RH. What's the point of keeping a derelict stadium preventing a development?

Reactions: GBJ
I think it doesn't stipulate that the stadium has to be occupied by SUFC. But it needs a signed lease I think with a club.

I don't agree the stadium has to be built. In the absence of any football club wanting the stadium at FF it's not entirely logical for the council to dig their heels in and not change the planning conditions if requested - or consider an entirely new application at RH. What's the point of keeping a derelict stadium preventing a development?
I agree - Council votes maybe one thing?

That is good logical thinking and explains why the third party would really like to see the club put into administration . You are then able to avoid meaningful DD which is very expensive to do . A new company is set up which inherits SUFC assets which are minimal - player registrations only . Only a proportion of SUFC creditors will be paid off . Of course football creditors- players ,staff , other football clubs etc - must be paid back in full.. But all other creditors perhaps only 25p in the £1 would be necessary to meet league membership rules . Don't forget that the administrator only has responsibility for the club- he has no responsibility for selling a stadium which does not exist .
The third party should not be a good fit then, unless there is no choice other than administration. Apart from the ramifications of a points deduction, running away from financial debts with the resultant detrimental impact on other businesses is despicable.

This was the clauses I was referring to

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpeg
    IMG_2312.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 145
Under the current planning permission there needs to be a stadium built at FF before RH can be knocked down. But I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination that if there were no football club then the conditions of the current planning permission could be altered or a new planning application submitted.

However if the club were to fold then that may call into question the financial health of his other companies as the inter company debt would need to be written down, and he would potentially lose control/ownership of RH. I think this is the main reason he has kept the club alive so far - and of course because he funcking loves the club.
But does that inter company debt still exist . I understood that it had been replaced by charges put in place on SUFC . Also someone reported that the BVI registered company ,Mezcal was now the sole owner of South Eastern Leisure UK Ltd so company relationships have become simplified following Ron's strategic review .

But does that inter company debt still exist . I understood that it had been replaced by charges put in place on SUFC . Also someone reported that the BVI registered company ,Mezcal was now the sole owner of South Eastern Leisure UK Ltd so company relationships have become simplified following Ron's strategic review .
Are you suggesting that the directors of SUFC should put the club into administration ahead of the season beginning, then allowing another party (not Kimura) to then take the club out of administration, pretty much debt free but with charges held by Mezcal and technically Ron still having some form of hold over the club?

Obviously this will result in at least -10 points deduction and possibly our license revoked by NL, depending on when this was initiated and how ****ed off they are. You have also said this other party does not have much money, which is also a concern when Ron claims there is a £200k per month shortfall. Also obviously this type of action would screw over a lot of people/businesses at the same time.

Not exactly appealing to many fans I wouldn't of thought. Vultures, nothing more and will result in previously unseen levels of backlash from the fanbase I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back