• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , but if the revised figure is below the bid of a competitor why should Ron accept this revised Kimura bid . He will want the best deal possible for himself .
Ron should accept it us fans want ron martin gone from our club and tbh i think its a fair offer from kimura ron wont get a better offer from anyone ekse

Classic Ron Martin to the end.
Not paying the players on time, denial and deflection of blame, financial skeletons found in the cupboard that he'll gloss over, the list goes on.

Meanwhile, we fans are looking at another poor season in non league, if Ron stays or goes. Can't see us winning much in the first few months if we are taken over, it normally takes us till November to get started. We have brilliance at this club with recruitment and team management, i find this so frustrating when you think of the rubbish in the past we've endured.

The Trust and the fans HAVE to oust Ron Martin and quickly. Sitting on our hands allows Martin to carry on as he has done for so long, negotiating a long drawn out deal for himself, bollocks to that, get him out of the club. It's in our hands to do just that.
I agree with you us fans want our club back shrimpertrust custard splat save our southend and other fan_southend should be agreed action should be taken against ron Martin

Shrimpers Trust is hopeless in last 1 month, they have gone quiet, which is deafening 🤦🏻‍♂️ their statement wasn’t enough, now they must be strong and push him to take the offers and tell Kimura to pull their fingers out, would they want to be backing a club in Ryman Premier League or lower after 13th of July!?

In fairness, before the non payment of wages over the weekend, what exactly were they supposed to respond to? A load of gossip, rumours and conjecture? I would hope they are only dealing in fact and verified sources.

Now we have a tangible change of circumstances, ie the non payment of wages, we will I am sure see a response.

Ron should accept it us fans want ron martin gone from our club and tbh i think its a fair offer from kimura ron wont get a better offer from anyone ekse
That’s an incredible thing to say given you don’t know what was offered. Kimura could have offered Ron a packet of crisps and a haircut for all we know. And even then they’ve probably overpaid.

In fairness, before the non payment of wages over the weekend, what exactly were they supposed to respond to? A load of gossip, rumours and conjecture? I would hope they are only dealing in fact and verified sources.

Now we have a tangible change of circumstances, ie the non payment of wages, we will I am sure see a response.
Exactly this. The Trust can only react/respond if Club officials or owners talk to them, and I'm pretty sure that those said officials/Owner's lips are wedged shut tighter than a duck's arse in a rain storm at the moment. Why is that? well, in the case of the owner, he is looking to get the most amount of money from a sale that he can grab with the least amount of financial exposure and with absolutely no regard for the well being of our Club. As for other Club officials, they may be governed by what the owner lets them say, or they may just be involved in a counter bid to buy the club. This is all total conjecture on my part, with no inside knowledge. But it might explain why there are no official updates from the Club apart from that solitary piece which told us there were multiple bidders keen to buy 'SUFC'.

Either way, fixture release day is ominously close (tomorrow), and then there will be the day in court on the 12th of this month, and we, the supporters, are absolutely no wiser as to what may happen. And we all know what that means on SZ..........we fabricate some quite amazing bull ****e that somehow becomes 'fact' rather than the fiction it starts off as. Add to that the fact that the National League must be running extremely short on patience to our plight and there don't appear to be too many plus points going our way.

Am I feeling totally depressed/****ed off/angry this morning? Whatever gives you that idea? So all we can do is remain united as fellow Shrimpers, be kind to each other on here, yeah, even those that deserve a ****ing good shoeing for some of their posted nonsense, and hope that we still have a Club left to follow in a week or so's time.

Unsurprising that people turn on the Trust because it is an easy target. As it goes, we had a scheduled Board Meeting last night and it's pretty obvious what the main topic of conversation was that took up 75% of the meeting.

To answer a few things, the phoenix plans never went away. The Trust is not a single entity in all this, and has been working hard with other significant persons from other supporters groups, nevertheless, the Trust is the one that attracts the criticism.

I think our chairman, Paul, has forgotten he has a full time job with the amount of work he's currently putting into all this. There is so much going on behind the scenes, including regular dialogue with the local MP and Government representatives, but of course, the majority of supporters don't see that, they just see perceived "inaction".

Last night we discussed several courses of action which will become clearer over the next 48 hours or so - I don't intend to put anything out publicly because, well, then I'd be exposing everything being planned and discussed to RM. It's a tricky situation - how do we let all supporters know what we've been discussing and planning without letting him know?

Unsurprising that people turn on the Trust because it is an easy target. As it goes, we had a scheduled Board Meeting last night and it's pretty obvious what the main topic of conversation was that took up 75% of the meeting.

To answer a few things, the phoenix plans never went away. The Trust is not a single entity in all this, and has been working hard with other significant persons from other supporters groups, nevertheless, the Trust is the one that attracts the criticism.

I think our chairman, Paul, has forgotten he has a full time job with the amount of work he's currently putting into all this. There is so much going on behind the scenes, including regular dialogue with the local MP and Government representatives, but of course, the majority of supporters don't see that, they just see perceived "inaction".

Last night we discussed several courses of action which will become clearer over the next 48 hours or so - I don't intend to put anything out publicly because, well, then I'd be exposing everything being planned and discussed to RM. It's a tricky situation - how do we let all supporters know what we've been discussing and planning without letting him know?
Perhaps is just enough at this point to communicate the Trust ARE actively working on stuff, because beyond a few statements a couple of weeks back it’s been very quiet - something the statements have chastised Ron and the club for in the past.

It’s great to hear stuff is afoot though and desperately looking forward to what action the Trust are going to take next.

Just tell us all on here Kay. He tells us nothing so let the git read it on here instead! :Winking:

Yes , but if the revised figure is below the bid of a competitor why should Ron accept this revised Kimura bid . He will want the best deal possible for himself .
The Chairman should keep in mind what Joe Kennedy (father of JFK and at one time one of the richest individuals in the world) once said: "only a fool holds out for top dollar" when there is a guaranteed short-term gain on the table rather than a potential bigger gain in a future that might not ever eventuate.

General question. Is Ron the sole decision maker for this deal to go through, do the other board members have any ownership or say in matters?

Just curious to understand who loses out if we are wound up on 12th July.

The Chairman should keep in mind what Joe Kennedy (father of JFK and at one time one of the richest individuals in the world) once said: "only a fool holds out for top dollar" when there is a guaranteed short-term gain on the table rather than a potential bigger gain in a future that might not ever eventuate.
Ron loves this f'ing club, surely he would want to see it saved.
My concern is the players not training and still awaiting payment will mean more disgruntled players who will walk at the first opportunity.

All the hard work KM has and is doing is being undone.

Yes it was but there is still a secure psychiatric unit there.

Not that secure. It only has 3 sides. The main block was due to be built more or less at the same time but there has been a 13 year delay. Something to do with DD.

There are some luxury apartments towering above each block. They will have great views into the ball room..... When its finished

I’m at a loss what the trust can do tbh. Try but one stubborn wotsit of a man is the only one who can solve this. Looks like he won’t so depressed and down .

That is good logical thinking and explains why the third party would really like to see the club put into administration . You are then able to avoid meaningful DD which is very expensive to do . A new company is set up which inherits SUFC assets which are minimal - player registrations only . Only a proportion of SUFC creditors will be paid off . Of course football creditors- players ,staff , other football clubs etc - must be paid back in full.. But all other creditors perhaps only 25p in the £1 would be necessary to meet league membership rules . Don't forget that the administrator only has responsibility for the club- he has no responsibility for selling a stadium which does not exist .
Don’t mean anything as our team would walk out anytime in next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back