• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that the directors of SUFC should put the club into administration ahead of the season beginning, then allowing another party (not Kimura) to then take the club out of administration, pretty much debt free but with charges held by Mezcal and technically Ron still having some form of hold over the club?

Obviously this will result in at least -10 points deduction and possibly our license revoked by NL, depending on when this was initiated and how ****ed off they are. You have also said this other party does not have much money, which is also a concern when Ron claims there is a £200k per month shortfall. Also obviously this type of action would screw over a lot of people/businesses at the same time.

Not exactly appealing to many fans I wouldn't of thought. Vultures, nothing more and will result in previously unseen levels of backlash from the fanbase I suspect.
You've saved me a fair amount of typing. I'm not sure why he's peddling this nonsense (I'm not a clairvoyant), but there is nothing good about administration from a footballing or community point of view. Ask the fans of Derby and Wigan.

I'm starting to get ****ed off with all of this

What is happening

Please rather than any **** poor excuses or ifs maybes and all

Is Southend going bust

Will Ron just **** off

You've saved me a fair amount of typing. I'm not sure why he's peddling this nonsense (I'm not a clairvoyant), but there is nothing good about administration from a footballing or community point of view. Ask the fans of Derby and Wigan.
Neither do i, he is a newcomer who joined just last Friday. We always welcome new members but this one obviously has an agenda.

Are you suggesting that the directors of SUFC should put the club into administration ahead of the season beginning, then allowing another party (not Kimura) to then take the club out of administration, pretty much debt free but with charges held by Mezcal and technically Ron still having some form of hold over the club?

Obviously this will result in at least -10 points deduction and possibly our license revoked by NL, depending on when this was initiated and how ****ed off they are. You have also said this other party does not have much money, which is also a concern when Ron claims there is a £200k per month shortfall. Also obviously this type of action would screw over a lot of people/businesses at the same time.

Not exactly appealing to many fans I wouldn't of thought. Vultures, nothing more and will result in previously unseen levels of backlash from the fanbase I suspect.

This to me sounds like the Plan B if he can’t get the sale that he wants…he keeps everything, no debt and a puppet front man

Ron wants millions. Other trusts only because majority shareholders in their respective clubs through insolvency events.
Insolvency events do not always end up with a bad outcome . Dealing with Ron is an extremely difficult and frustrating experience for any prospective new owner . Dealing with the appointed administrator would be a much less harrowing experience . Portsmouth FC is a good example of a club which was saved by the action taken by its resilient supporters trust . They later sold their majority interest to Michael Eisner, ex-Disney CEO. So, out of bad some good has come .

This to me sounds like the Plan B if he can’t get the sale that he wants…he keeps everything, no debt and a puppet front man
This is the concern. If Ron remains with any sort of control, even if just the East Stand tea bar, then we all need to be prepared to unite and stay away. If it takes a full on boycott, then so be it in my opinion. Ron goes, or we go....

Insolvency events do not always end up with a bad outcome . Dealing with Ron is an extremely difficult and frustrating experience for any prospective new owner . Dealing with the appointed administrator would be a much less harrowing experience . Portsmouth FC is a good example of a club which was saved by the action taken by its resilient supporters trust . They later sold their majority interest to Michael Eisner, ex-Disney CEO. So, out of bad some good has come .
You seem very pro this potential 2nd/3rd party, are you associated with them? Is that why we’ve never heard they’re very far along in the process because this is their aim? They want us to go into administration?

You are either

A) on a wind up,

or

B) alluding that this is likely to be the course of action, and with Martin or his companies still lurking in the background, would be the best financial situation for him

You are either

A) on a wind up,

or

B) alluding that this is likely to be the course of action, and with Martin or his companies still lurking in the background, would be the best financial situation for him
He/She has already alluded that they believe this will be the case in 6 weeks time, which takes us into about the second week of the season.

i thought it was down to the administrators to sell a going concern to the best bid, but i know this happens again and again, surely martin wouldnt be allowed to buy the club(albeit if we go under) under the guise of one of his many other companies ??

You are either

A) on a wind up,

or

Why would Ron or indeed anyone selling an asset do something that isn't in their best interests financially?

You seem very pro this potential 2nd/3rd party, are you associated with them? Is that why we’ve never heard they’re very far along in the process because this is their aim? They want us to go into administration?
This is how I see it if this is his agenda. RM still owns the land, he escapes the club not paying any of his creditor's along the way and still keeps control behind the scenes.

i thought it was down to the administrators to sell a going concern to the best bid, but i know this happens again and again, surely martin wouldnt be allowed to buy the club(albeit if we go under) under the guise of one of his many other companies ??
Didn’t we hear before from that expert that if Martin voluntarily puts the club into administration then he would be able to choose the administrator so could basically buy the club back himself? I’m far from an expert on these things but I’m sure it’s something like that.

Let’s hope Kimura feel we’re a good enough prospect and take a punt on us.

This is how I see it if this is his agenda. RM still owns the land, he escapes the club not paying any of his creditor's along the way and still keeps control behind the scenes.
Certainly feels that way and would also explain why there is claims of another interested party but they’ve not made any progress.

I struggle to understand what there is to put into administration? The club would surely be liquidated there's hardly any assets or money to its name.
I don't think it is so much about losing the assets morso losing the debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back