• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the lowest we’ve ever been? It certainly feels like it. No complaints at the players stance from me.
100% mate, we support a football club who’s players after what three days of preseason training have gone on strike and you won’t find one person who disagrees with their move to do so. In a weeks time we are meant to be playing our first pre season friendly and have no idea whether the players will be fit enough or even want to play. as for Billericay on the 15th we don’t even know if we will have a club. It’s simply heartbreaking

Last edited:
If the sale doesn't go through by the 12th, does that mean the club will be wound up?

And then Martin gets nothing?

If so, that makes no sense. Eternal optimist that I am, I'm thinking that we are at the 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' stage here, because it's the only reason why Martin hasn't pay their wages. It's not in his interests otherwise, surely?
It depends on how much you believe what comes out of Ron's mouth. Maybe he will sell a bit of land, pay just enough to satisfy the court and we limp on in the same awful state we have for these past (many) months for enough months for Ron to get everything he wants. And we get exactly what we don't want.

In the email from RM, he has clearly breached the NDA where he stats the terms were agreed on June 2nd. Not that I care.

But surely if the terms are agreed, and Kimura actually want to buy the club, they just will.

In the email from RM, he has clearly breached the NDA where he stats the terms were agreed on June 2nd. Not that I care.

But surely if the terms are agreed, and Kimura actually want to buy the club, they just will.
Unless there is £Xm of hidden debt that they weren’t aware of when they agreed the terms

Has anyone heard anything from The Shrimpers Trust? The silence is deafening. Other clubs in this much trouble are on the radio and making noise in media everyday.

Not even a whimper from a Trust which is owed money by the odious parasite.
I’m not going to dig anyone out by name and agree, as a collective the Shrimpers Trust who by and large do a good job (and in fact all supporters together) need to be far more vocal in our displeasure, on bigger stages to wider audiences at this time. A few written statements (albeit they are consistent and have become stronger worded in recent months) is no longer sufficient. Time to spearhead action to affect change before it truly becomes too late

Last edited:

This is what I think. If Kimura saw the deal as dead with Ron refusing to budge on a sticking point, which they could not accept, they’d just announce their withdrawal. But they haven’t. So I keep hoping.

Unless there is £Xm of hidden debt that they weren’t aware of when they agreed the terms
DD was always going be a problem, let’s be honest. Kimura will now be holding out until the last possible moment for Ron to drop the price accordingly. If he remains inflexible then I guess they will just walk away and the whole thing is over. Ron is definitely getting twitchy about this scenario hence the flurry of replies trying to shift the blame / onus onto the buyers.

If the sale doesn't go through by the 12th, does that mean the club will be wound up?

And then Martin gets nothing?

If so, that makes no sense. Eternal optimist that I am, I'm thinking that we are at the 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' stage here, because it's the only reason why Martin hasn't pay their wages. It's not in his interests otherwise, surely?
Yes,
I beleive if you think positively then positive things will happen.

If you think negatively, then negative things will happen .

They say you make your own luck, but not if you think the worst will happen.

I really do believe that, yes at the last moment, SUFC will be sold, and all will come good for us.

I mean, if you into a boxing ring thinking you will loose, then you will get hammered.

So come on, look on the bright side.

I’m not going to dig anyone out by name and agree, as a collective the Shrimpers Trust who by and large do a good job (and in fact all supporters together) need to be far more vocal in our displeasure, on bigger stages to wider audiences at this time. A few written statements (albeit they are consistent and have become stronger worded in recent months) is no longer sufficient. Time to spearhead action to effect change before it truly becomes too late
Feels like they’ve chucked in the towel. Not sure what they can do, but yea you wish they were doing *something*. As fan reps you’d hope they’d be the ones on Ron’s doorstep or camping out at roots hall to get answers for fans.

This is what I think. If Kimura saw the deal as dead with Ron refusing to budge on a sticking point, which they could not accept, they’d just announce their withdrawal. But they haven’t. So I keep hoping.
A very good point. If Ron literally won’t budge, then why are Kimura not withdrawing their interest? What a weird situation this is.

A very good point. If Ron literally won’t budge, then why are Kimura not withdrawing their interest? What a weird situation this is.
They want to buy the club and they are reckoning that because they are the only buyer Ron will inevitably have to drop the price I imagine. It’s a case of who blinks first. The tension is building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back