• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be blind optimism but, and I am not in the know, but I suspect there is a game of cat and mouse going on with the deadline looming. Ron does own a product which he is looking to maximise profit on - but needs to sell. The new buyers are probably holding their ground knowing that the deadline is fast approaching to get the price they want. I suspected it would go to the final days because somebody has to break - and the threat of the court deadline may well be the catalyst. At the moment Ron might be sticking his ground - with parties threatening to walk. Neither party will want it to end in a stale mate because the club is worthless to both then.

For the record - I suspect the players and management will give notice - but if there is a new owner there might be reversals.

All my own opinion- no knowledge - but this was never going to be simple with such huge amounts being discussed.

The club will not be wound up on July 12th nor in the days, weeks and months thereafter . In fact its true destiny is back in the EFL and that is the direction of travel when we have resolved current problems . Could someone please tell LordFootball to put his plans back in the cupboard and lock it up. There is no horse called '' Phoenix '' riding in this race .
Maybe you can tell Lord Football yourself as you're so certain about things?

According to one “ITK” the club was going to be sold last week 😂

Erm, little one is in bed, I’m making the wife dinner, then I’m heading out for a run. That any good?

In terms of Southend. Not a huge amount has changed.
Perhaps we should have a league table for all suspected itks. 3 points for a true prediction, 1 point for a close or slightly wrong timing, and -1 for a failed prediction. Then we'd be able to clearly see who to believe or not.
Appreciate this is all a moving target though, and even kimura couldn't predict how things were going to unravel 🤣

The power of 'Want' is greater than the power of 'Need'

Do Kimura want to buy, greater than Ron needs to sell? OR

Does Ron want to sell, greater than Kimura need to buy?

if you get my drift?

This might be blind optimism but, and I am not in the know, but I suspect there is a game of cat and mouse going on with the deadline looming. Ron does own a product which he is looking to maximise profit on - but needs to sell. The new buyers are probably holding their ground knowing that the deadline is fast approaching to get the price they want. I suspected it would go to the final days because somebody has to break - and the threat of the court deadline may well be the catalyst. At the moment Ron might be sticking his ground - with parties threatening to walk. Neither party will want it to end in a stale mate because the club is worthless to both then.

For the record - I suspect the players and management will give notice - but if there is a new owner there might be reversals.

All my own opinion- no knowledge - but this was never going to be simple with such huge amounts being discussed.
I suspect you’re right there, neither party want to part with anything (cash or the club) until the absolutely have to.

necessity is the mother of invention

The club will not be wound up on July 12th nor in the days, weeks and months thereafter . In fact its true destiny is back in the EFL and that is the direction of travel when we have resolved current problems . Could someone please tell LordFootball to put his plans back in the cupboard and lock it up. There is no horse called '' Phoenix '' riding in this race .
Well, if we're talking about staggering on with the present owner, that would be a living death. Your dream of returning to the EFL is just a pipe dream without significant investment. In your own words your third runner 'hasn't got a lot of cash to splash.' Thank you very much, we've had quite enough of an owner who can't afford to run a football club, we don''t need another like him. It also seems to me that any prospective owner who is happy to sit in the background biding his time, whilst the club lies on it's death bed doesn't, primarily, have the interests of the club at heart.

Anyone know when the £500k + safety certificate needs to be approved and paid for?

Maybe impacted areas/stands could be closed if somehow we pay HMRC and manage to build a team of nobodies to start!

SOUTHEND United players will not resume pre-season training until they have been paid, Echosport understands.

The majority of the Shrimpers squad did not pick up their June pay packets on Friday.
And, having also been frustrated by similar problems last season, the group opted not to train at Boots & Laces yesterday.
It is understood players will continue to work on their fitness away from the club and are believed to be considering their future with the Shrimpers.
Blues remain unable to add to their squad due to a transfer embargo as Kevin Maher continues to face a huge uphill struggle ahead of the forthcoming National League season.

The worst thing about this is Ron should of folded at least 10 years ago, we would of been a EFL club and have more interest to be bought at best, or gone to the wall, reformed as a phoenix club and be close to where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back