• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster who said very early in this thread that they thought Martin was using the sale as a smokescreen, suddenly isn’t looking so stupid now. Martin has done absolutely nothing for this club since the announcement and is now laying blame at everybody else’s feet for the situation the club is in.

If we get to 12th with no sale agreed I can’t see the Courts buying anymore bull from him. They were clear on the promises last time out …a sale is close or he has the money to settle the debts in full…if we turn up with neither I can’t see the judge believing anymore promises due to numerous previous visits

is there anything the courts can do to ensure the club doesn’t go under by forcing a sale? I know they done it for Blackpool but that was for a completely different reason

Well, if we're talking about staggering on with the present owner, that would be a living death. Your dream of returning to the EFL is just a pipe dream without significant investment. In your own words your third runner 'hasn't got a lot of cash to splash.' Thank you very much, we've had quite enough of an owner who can't afford to run a football club, we don''t need another like him. It also seems to me that any prospective owner who is happy to sit in the background biding his time, whilst the club lies on it's death bed doesn't, primarily, have the interests of the club at heart.
I am a bona fide soothsayer and after completing 5 years of intensive training had to sign up to a Code of Conduct before I could start out on my chosen career . Under this code I am duty bound to report truthfully on what I see in my crystal ball . This means I do have to tell people some rather unpleasant things at times and this may well happen when I am on the Zone.
I well remember a middle-aged woman coming into my booth when I was telling fortunes on Brighton Pier .
I said to her '' You need to prepare yourself to become a widow . Your husband will be murdered in a manner most gruesome before the year is out ''
The poor woman was petrified and unable to process the information .
She said '' Will I be acquitted ? ''

There’s probably SO MUCH muck that this DD has unearthed, 25 years of it

Spider web of companies, debts, loans, missing paperwork, lack of audit and filing, out of date accounts….

Not to mention the problems/cost of RootsHall and where we are on the football side

We only have 7 ‘working’ days left, it’s not gonna happen!!….. think we need to start coming to terms with this now! ….

If Kimura do end up taking over, I hope they have deep pockets to clear the mess which ron has created..... I reckon they would need to pump in over 2 million just to clear the debts. I must say it's starting to look very desperate for us now.

And the rest😂
Yeah, probably whole host of issues which need addressing! I do wonder if Kimura are now starting to think Southend united might just be to damaged and possibly not worth pursuing..... this really could be the end.

Our situation just looks to messy and costly.

I am a bona fide soothsayer and after completing 5 years of intensive training had to sign up to a Code of Conduct before I could start out on my chosen career . Under this code I am duty bound to report truthfully on what I see in my crystal ball . This means I do have to tell people some rather unpleasant things at times and this may well happen when I am on the Zone.
I well remember a middle-aged woman coming into my booth when I was telling fortunes on Brighton Pier .
I said to her '' You need to prepare yourself to become a widow . Your husband will be murdered in a manner most gruesome before the year is out ''
The poor woman was petrified and unable to process the information .
She said '' Will I be acquitted ? ''
Seaside fortune teller probably sums you up pretty well.:ROFL: Don't need a crystal ball to detect a BS when I see one. Mystic Meg at the Pier Head would be a better prospect for seeing into our clubs future..........if indeed we have one.

This maybe considered off topic but concerns the attractiveness of SUFC as an investment. Is Southend the largest City/town in England without an EFL club ?

Last edited:
Discussions around price may have concluded - but what about other conditions of a deal? He makes it sound like everything is agreed - if that's the case he could issue a public statement saying deal is done etc - like was it York(?) last week?
I think its they agreed a deal on 2nd June but now the situation has changed due to the DD uncovering other debts which in theory should knock the original agreed price down but Ron not playing ball. That looks the issue to me.

I think its they agreed a deal on 2nd June but now the situation has changed due to the DD uncovering other debts which in theory should knock the original agreed price down but Ron not playing ball. That looks the issue to me.
Can someone that has got a reply from Ron please ask him about the mess uncovered from DD and how proud he feels that the players have gone on strike

If the sale doesn't go through by the 12th, does that mean the club will be wound up?

And then Martin gets nothing?

If so, that makes no sense. Eternal optimist that I am, I'm thinking that we are at the 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' stage here, because it's the only reason why Martin hasn't pay their wages. It's not in his interests otherwise, surely?

In one of our lowest points in our history I would just like to show my appreciation for all SZ moderators. Your roles in the zone have must of become extremely difficult over the last view weeks and I would just like to say thanks as this thread alone must keep you all up at night.
Seconded. All the mods know how I feel about the sterling (and unpaid) job they do. I would imagine the last few months have been hell, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back