• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not declare £1.5m debt and just hope it won't be noticed. That's not only stupid it is morally wrong. If he is stooping to these depths, I wonder if the rumour is true that he has borrowed money from dubious creditors and he is trying to off load it before they come knocking on his door.

I would like to say regarding season tickets and staff wages I fully understand people not buying their season ticket because of Ron martin and agree it’s Ron’s responsibility to ensure his staff are paid fully & on time , but the club was relying on ticket sales for wages so when a thousand plus supporters decided not to renew this income was not there, whatever is right or wrong in reality this is what happened so l’m only passing on what happened to my friend at the club and they stay there because they are loyal to Southend United ( such a sad state of affairs but this is where we are now)
And they would have been told that they would get paid when the season ticket money came in. So it’s a bit much to blame the staff for this point of view either. But it’s done. Fans revisiting this situation only drives more division so let’s all keep focussed on tomorrow not yesterday….

Well personally I think it'd time to hit the panic button. This isn't due to me being ITK/Not ITK but just my gut feeling. This has rumbled on too long and if that waster has time to sit there and respond to random emails then he isn't dealing with the most important issue. Selling the club. This should be consuming his life from 7am to 9pm. He has totally washed his hands off the club when he is still the actual chairman of the club.

Well personally I think it'd time to hit the panic button. This isn't due to me being ITK/Not ITK but just my gut feeling. This has rumbled on too long and if that waster has time to sit there and respond to random emails then he isn't dealing with the most important issue. Selling the club. This should be consuming his life from 7am to 9pm. He has totally washed his hands off the club when he is still the actual chairman of the club.
Totally agree, like a petulant child, he`d rather go down with it, than let someone else take it on and succeed. He has obviously been found out through DD, but, time is running out.
Be interesting to see the NL take on it? Also, if Kimura have pulled out by the time he goes back to court, that will be the end, they won`t give him any more chances. The pot is empty, the debt owed plus wages, salaries going forward with a depleted fan base at home games. No one should be surprised at this deluded, narcissist, greedy, selfish individual that he is, has taken us to the brink of killing off our club.

I agree to a point but maybe, just maybe he has the time as he is waiting for said buyer to come back to him. Not looking good though!

Think 🤔 if this Kimura takeover falls out of bed. A lot of shrimper will need counselling.
I’m getting too far gone to get help according to my missus . But seriously how are our partners/wives ect coping, all this desperate situation must be affecting family life for some of us..

Think 🤔 if this Kimura takeover falls out of bed. A lot of shrimper will need counselling.
I’m getting too far gone to get help according to my missus . But seriously how are our partners/wives ect coping, all this desperate situation must be affecting family life for some of us..
Definitely. Don’t forgot we’re told by many posters on here we should get out and not be so bothered about a ‘game’. For a lot of us this is like a relative on life support and if RM gambles it away then we’ll lose a big part of our lives and how we like to spend our free time. It’s hurting a lot and is why we’re all looking for crumbs of comfort.

The guy told us lots of stories. The most interesting ones were where he was negotiating pay rises with the unions on behalf of the government. This guy was a consultant. He worked all over the world on mostly commercial deals, I used the government as an example of where he had worked. He wasn't exclusive. Personally I think he's right.

However, he also told us a story that is relevant to today. He was sent by some big company in the UK to spend a day in Poland negotiating with a company out there. Obviously the deal was confidential so we didn't get all of the story. He did, however, tell us he was told he had to get a deal that day, no excuses. He was also told the maximum he could spend.

When he arrived 1st thing in the morning the guy he was meeting with wasn't available. He waited and waited and waited. The guy was deliberately messing him around in a bid to wear him down. The mistake came from the guy's secretary who told him not to worry has he had to get a deal that day too.

So, around mid-afternoon he packed up and asked the secretary to call him a cab back to the airport. The guy he was meeting panicked and called him in straight away. Now, he had the upper hand, and got a deal for slightly more than he was supposed to, but was easily explained away. Both sides were happy because the deal suited both sides in the end.

Maybe Kimura should walk away and see if Ron follows them. After all, he's the one under time pressure, not them.
He may well have said all that, but anyone who has ever interviewed anyone for a job knows it’s possible to tell a story rich enough to sound a bit believable (no offence intended).

‘Worked on’ covers anything from tea lady to principle negotiator, and both of those and everyone in between would know enough to spin a yarn. His advice to you does not suggest a significant role or past real personal success.

Consultancies love hiring civil servants - they are worth the wages for how they demonstrate all the systemic weaknesses to exploit.

You can not declare £1.5m debt and just hope it won't be noticed. That's not only stupid it is morally wrong. If he is stooping to these depths, I wonder if the rumour is true that he has borrowed money from dubious creditors and he is trying to off load it before they come knocking on his door.
That may be why the private security people are outside his gaff.

Definitely. Don’t forgot we’re told by many posters on here we should get out and not be so bothered about a ‘game’. For a lot of us this is like a relative on life support and if RM gambles it away then we’ll lose a big part of our lives and how we like to spend our free time. It’s hurting a lot and is why we’re all looking for crumbs of comfort.

Thats it. Following blues is a big part of my life and has been for 30 years.

My best mates are all Southend and we work out weekends away including the football.

So many great memories that could all be taken away.

According to one “ITK” the club was going to be sold last week 😂

Erm, little one is in bed, I’m making the wife dinner, then I’m heading out for a run. That any good?

In terms of Southend. Not a huge amount has changed.
Given there are 6 full working days before we get wound up, what’s the thinking on when this HAS to change? Will there be administrative time before 12th for example?

Can the ITK's give us some positive news? Just something to make us feel better
The club will not be wound up on July 12th nor in the days, weeks and months thereafter . In fact its true destiny is back in the EFL and that is the direction of travel when we have resolved current problems . Could someone please tell LordFootball to put his plans back in the cupboard and lock it up. There is no horse called '' Phoenix '' riding in this race .

The club will not be wound up on July 12th nor in the days, weeks and months thereafter . In fact its true destiny is back in the EFL and that is the direction of travel when we have resolved current problems . Could someone please tell LordFootball to put his plans back in the cupboard and lock it up. There is no horse called '' Phoenix '' riding in this race .
When we?? I would say the collective we as in the fans can’t affect this so can your collective we provide a betting outcome??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back