• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 I was there with you mate.15 years ago!
He truly is a loathesome individual. He sees us as his puppets and we’ve allowed him to do it in lots of ways. When you piece it all together it’s not pretty for us as fans. Really shocking.

To be doing all this phallus measuring while our club teeters on the edge of existence is quite astounding and lacking any empathy whatsoever; while spouting rubbish directly to fans via email.

I’m not sure I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting someone as bad as him in reality.

Here's something, maybe don't publicise Ron's replies. You're just feeding the beast here and at best he's probably got some unpaid oik in the club writing the replies anyway.
For the best effect, we all send emails but don't publish replies. I won't be publishing mine if I get one.

If the deal was agreed back on 2nd June as RM has suggested in his response (if it is him of course, it would appear it is him) what were the terms of said agreement. I have no knowledge of how the buying process works, but i would think it is something of Kimura agree to acquire the assets for price “X” subject to DD. There is probably a clause in the agreement that if the debt or something else after DD is not as was described/agreed then I am sure this is where the warranties come into play fo me the completion of the sale.

I suspect that more debt was uncovered than originally declared, which is where the suggestion I think on here someone said that “X” funds of the sale would be ring fenced to pay said liabilities if they come to fruition, but if after stated period they don’t portion of the funds are released etc. I suspect RM didn’t want that agreement. Which has then lead onto where we are now, which reading the replies and between the lines I suspect Kimura want all the debts cleared first by Ron before agreeing completion, I.E they want to ensure the debts are paid by Ron either immediately now or by way of that ring fenced money. Ron isn’t having any of it and wants Kimura to take on the settling of the debts.

So this is where we are in my opinion in a stalemate between the 2 parties with neither willing to budge. Personally for me either way Ron has to take the hit, he is the custodian of the club and run the debts up while the club is under his guidance (same May say misguidance ) and there is responsible for settling the debts, how he settles them I don’t care as long as he does. He either pays for it all now (with what money I don’t know) drops the asking price by the debt amount being asked to be settled by Kimura. Or sells at the agreed price with the warranty of some kept aside as ring fenced and released over an agreed period.

It really shouldn’t be that hard to conclude this deal if it centres around the debt and who is responsible (Ron in my opinion) but they need to get in a room and thrash this out and come to a compromise on both sides to get this over the line otherwise I dread to think of where we will end up.

When we first heard of the Kimura bid I was full of hope and confidence that the new owners would be quickly installed. As the weeks wore on the hope was tempered by the understanding that this acquisition was far more complicated than it first seemed, yet I was still remained quietly confident. Last week panic set in and everything became less sure, every passing day just added to the stress and worry. This week panic has reached a new level and every hour that passes threatens more and more damage to the club and brings abour more and more doubt about our very survival. I just don't want to think about next week.:Sad:

Someone once told me that, if after a negotiated settlement both sides were a little bit unhappy, then a good deal had been struck.

Let's hope for that.
Interesting. Many years ago I went on a negotiation skills course through work. The guy taking the course (who used to negotiate on behalf of the UK government) said exactly the opposite. His view was a good deal is where everyone walks away happy.

His rationale was that you may have to negotiate again in the future and it's good to have a good reputation otherwise people won't want to do business with you again.

(Oh, the irony.)

When dealing with a narcissist you always have to let them think they have the last word in. Ex-husband for example - dragged the financial settlement on for 2 1/2 years, in the hope I would give him half of my half as well as the full half of assets he had already trousered and hidden! So, in last chance saloon, in court (with a very expensive barrister!) he was offered £10k cash to walk away on the day. He wanted £30k, my starting point was he take himself off to his black pit and die a horrible and meaningless death...

So, it ended with a £10k cheque, freshly written and waved under his nose as a take it or leave it deal - he bit and took the money. I sniggered all the way home when it turned out that the £9.5k of legal aid he had run up (by lying through his teeth that he had no money - totally untrue) because I had thrown him out (should have done it a lot sooner!) would have to be paid out of this amount... The look on his face when his barrister told him, after it had been signed off by the judge was just fantastic. Karma really is beautiful sometimes!

The moral of this sorry saga is that when backed into enough of a corner, the narcissist's ego and greed will eventually trip them up. It is very relevant, because evil ex was a very small time business contact of a certain Mr M.

They probably spent lots of time together hatching up ways to rip people off...

Interesting. Many years ago I went on a negotiation skills course through work. The guy taking the course (who used to negotiate on behalf of the UK government) said exactly the opposite. His view was a good deal is where everyone walks away happy.

His rationale was that you may have to negotiate again in the future and it's good to have a good reputation otherwise people won't want to do business with you again.

(Oh, the irony.)
Yes indeed. I’ve been on a civil service course giving that advice too.

While the sentiments are admirable, and it fits nicely with ‘civil service values’, unfortunately it dies a death on contact with the real world. It might just about be achievable for low value items, where the seller is an employee with limited room for manoeuvre, but in M&A it’s just utter nonsense almost all of the time.

Sadly the biggest skills deficit in government (which has been true for decades) is in commercial negotiation. Half the people negotiating for the government (or NHS etc) have never worked in the private sector and it shows. Very well meaning, but sadly miles off beam.

Yes indeed. I’ve been on a civil service course giving that advice too.

While the sentiments are admirable, and it fits nicely with ‘civil service values’, unfortunately it dies a death on contact with the real world. It might just about be achievable for low value items, where the seller is an employee with limited room for manoeuvre, but in M&A it’s just utter nonsense almost all of the time.

Sadly the biggest skills deficit in government (which has been true for decades) is in commercial negotiation. Half the people negotiating for the government (or NHS etc) have never worked in the private sector and it shows. Very well meaning, but sadly miles off beam.
The guy told us lots of stories. The most interesting ones were where he was negotiating pay rises with the unions on behalf of the government. This guy was a consultant. He worked all over the world on mostly commercial deals, I used the government as an example of where he had worked. He wasn't exclusive. Personally I think he's right.

However, he also told us a story that is relevant to today. He was sent by some big company in the UK to spend a day in Poland negotiating with a company out there. Obviously the deal was confidential so we didn't get all of the story. He did, however, tell us he was told he had to get a deal that day, no excuses. He was also told the maximum he could spend.

When he arrived 1st thing in the morning the guy he was meeting with wasn't available. He waited and waited and waited. The guy was deliberately messing him around in a bid to wear him down. The mistake came from the guy's secretary who told him not to worry has he had to get a deal that day too.

So, around mid-afternoon he packed up and asked the secretary to call him a cab back to the airport. The guy he was meeting panicked and called him in straight away. Now, he had the upper hand, and got a deal for slightly more than he was supposed to, but was easily explained away. Both sides were happy because the deal suited both sides in the end.

Maybe Kimura should walk away and see if Ron follows them. After all, he's the one under time pressure, not them.

Kimura would probably not pay the agreed price for the club all up front.

I'm guessing drip payments over say 5 years with guarantees.

(then not pay Ron , let him have a taste of his own medicine)
As said previous this sort of deal would likely result in funds going into escrow which is a neutral holding account (3rd party) because of the time it would take to transfer all assets ie land and there would be a written contract to govern that. It's pretty much the same thing as you say but the fund go in the neutral holding account to avoid any party deciding they aren't going to keep to an agreement etc.

The guy told us lots of stories. The most interesting ones were where he was negotiating pay rises with the unions on behalf of the government. This guy was a consultant. He worked all over the world on mostly commercial deals, I used the government as an example of where he had worked. He wasn't exclusive. Personally I think he's right.

However, he also told us a story that is relevant to today. He was sent by some big company in the UK to spend a day in Poland negotiating with a company out there. Obviously the deal was confidential so we didn't get all of the story. He did, however, tell us he was told he had to get a deal that day, no excuses. He was also told the maximum he could spend.

When he arrived 1st thing in the morning the guy he was meeting with wasn't available. He waited and waited and waited. The guy was deliberately messing him around in a bid to wear him down. The mistake came from the guy's secretary who told him not to worry has he had to get a deal that day too.

So, around mid-afternoon he packed up and asked the secretary to call him a cab back to the airport. The guy he was meeting panicked and called him in straight away. Now, he had the upper hand, and got a deal for slightly more than he was supposed to, but was easily explained away. Both sides were happy because the deal suited both sides in the end.

Maybe Kimura should walk away and see if Ron follows them. After all, he's the one under time pressure, not them.
Sounds like a good game of poker, where is Tony Bloom when you need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back