• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understood things from the weekend, there was only enough funds to pay 7 players. Discussions took place about who to pay or whether to give reduced amounts to all on the understanding no one would hand notice in. In the end 7 got paid with some agreeing to defer for two weeks and once all this was open knowledge to all the players, they collectively stood up for each other.
I believe they plan not to train until weds when some more funds may become available to pay hopefully all. (Still leaves the unsatisfactory issue of non playing staff).
However, some have had enough. I know at least 2 have handed in notice , two of our less tall striking players, and I believe lomas has had enough regardless of getting paid and is unlikely to return. Travelling is a key factor I hear.
Additionally, the physio still hasn't been paid either so proper training isn't possible.
Weds and the 12th are key days looming.
In the meantime vulture clubs aren't just circling, they're speaking to players.
Thanks for the update as always.

Things looking good then, just 4 weeks or so from the season starting.

As I understood things from the weekend, there was only enough funds to pay 7 players. Discussions took place about who to pay or whether to give reduced amounts to all on the understanding no one would hand notice in. In the end 7 got paid with some agreeing to defer for two weeks and once all this was open knowledge to all the players, they collectively stood up for each other.
I believe they plan not to train until weds when some more funds may become available to pay hopefully all. (Still leaves the unsatisfactory issue of non playing staff).
However, some have had enough. I know at least 2 have handed in notice , two of our less tall striking players, and I believe lomas has had enough regardless of getting paid and is unlikely to return. Travelling is a key factor I hear.
Additionally, the physio still hasn't been paid either so proper training isn't possible.
Weds and the 12th are key days looming.
In the meantime vulture clubs aren't just circling, they're speaking to players.
Quite. And no-one knows exactly what the hold up is. Plenty of guessing, sometimes almost dressed up as fact, but in reality it’s not. It’s speculation as far as I can see?However, FWIW, it ever more seems to me the gap between the two sides must indeed be significant, as the damage being done would make it absurd to have a d*ck waving competition over, say, a couple of hundred grand…

Frustrating, you could go back years and copy & paste conversations that have come up time after time again with Martin?

Is anyone surprised we are in this position? The bloke is deluded, and will ruin himself and take the club down with him!!?

Talk about a documentary, " 7 days in Intensive Care ", should cover it.

Wrong. The price has been agreed. The issue is around the warranties included in the contract, which are based on the DD.
Understandable. It must be like trying to untangle a ball of knotted string to try to identify everything associated with the club and its liabilities.

What can't be denied by RM is that after 25 years under his tenure, we are outside the EFL for the first time in our history, in a crumbling stadium with players and staff unpaid. He can try and argue why that is but these are facts and that is down to him and is unforgivable.

If he truly 'loves' the club then he should bend over backwards to get this sale done and hope that new owners can make a better job of looking after the club, a community asset.

Understandable. It must be like trying to untangle a ball of knotted string to try to identify everything associated with the club and its liabilities.

What can't be denied by RM is that after 25 years under his tenure, we are outside the EFL for the first time in our history, in a crumbling stadium with players and staff unpaid. He can try and argue why that is but these are facts and that is down to him and is unforgivable.

If he truly 'loves' the club then he should bend over backwards to get this sale done and hope that new owners can make a better job of looking after the club, a community asset.

Unfortunately we don't actually know the negotiation situation. You may actually be asking for him to bend over forwards rather than backwards to get this over the line.

I may absolutely ****ing hate the man but we don't actually know what the hold up/roadblock is.

Unfortunately we don't actually know the negotiation situation. You may actually be asking for him to bend over forwards rather than backwards to get this over the line.

I may absolutely ****ing hate the man but we don't actually know what the hold up/roadblock is.
Yes. But if history teaches us anything, it’s to learn from history.

The pressure is mounting daily on RM, if he cannot find the money to pay just the playing staff let alone the poor office staff how on earth does he think he can raise enough money to cover all the debts due on the 12th.

Timing is critical now if he does not ceed some ground with the sale or offer the reassurances that Kimura want. It is no good blaming the other party if you are the seller and you haven't got a pot to **** in, deflection tactics in this case will not work.

I think Kimura will call his bluff on all this and i don't blame them if things haven't been as transparent as originally thought.

Where is leaves us as a club God only knows.

Any of the other in the knows have any idea what's going on with the Kimura take over?

Unfortunately, mine have been radio silent. I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing.

The club has been critical before but this is the worst it's ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back