• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t want to be the insurance company indemnifying anyone doing business with Ron. How the hell could they possibly put a sensible premium price on that? Not that I have any love - at all - for the insurance industry.
And that’s why it could be a serious stumbling block, it’s happened for other football club sales but generally they have been fairly transparent arrangements, (or in administration already which somewhat reduces liability exposure) so I wouldn’t have a clue how it would be done other than at a very high level but (given previous winding up orders, late accounts, non-payment of wages etc it would be an extortionate premium though) it’s normally a % of values involved so could end up being a big chunk (especially in more distressed sales)

The more I see of these response emails from Ron, it's clear he is deflecting to shift blame on to Kimura. Classic narcissism,

Easily one of the most aggravating habits of a narcissist is the unwillingness to address differences and conflicts in a straight-forward fashion. We call this the Deflecting Narcissist. Any ongoing relationship experiences moments when coordination needs to be improved, and healthy people are quite willing to participate in conversations to achieve that end.

But let’s think about what narcissists want most in their relationships. Narcissists want to establish and maintain control, and they want the final word, which means you are supposed to fall in line with their preferences and proclamations. They want affirmation of the exaggerated variety. You exist to make them feel better about themselves. They want conformity and agreement from you. They must be in the superior position.

And what type of situation brings out a narcissist’s neuroticism most easily? Conflict. Narcissists do not want to be challenged. They do not want to be confronted, nor do they wish to hear that there is a path to take or an opinion to consider that differs. Narcissists are pathologically defensive, and when you disagree, they are unable to discuss it at face value. They consider you to be offensive, which means you must be neutralized.

In the midst of conflict or disagreement (or even mild dissension), deflecting narcissists are almost completely unable to say simple comments like:

“Help me understand more fully.”

“I hadn’t thought of it that way. Thanks.”

“You’ve given me some helpful ideas about I can manage this the next time we have the same circumstances.”

“You’re right, good point.”

“I like learning about how these matters can be addressed constructively.”

Instead, when difference or conflict emerges, narcissists deflect. They already operate with an alternate reality, which causes them to interpret events in whatever way suits their life’s narrative. Living behind a shield of self-protection, they learned long ago that they have to be the one who decides what truth is. Your differences and input throw them off track. It scares them. They are threatened because they see the world as a place where acceptance is fleeting at best. With a very fragile ego, they immediately assume they must eliminate dissonance, and they have many, many tactics at their disposal.

Remember, to narcissists, relationships are not a place where emotional and intellectual exchanges are welcome. To them, relationships are competitions, and they must emerge victorious.

Statement of the obvious, but for the sale to proceed with Kimura, it needs to be concluded this week in my humble opinion. The value of the "asset" is only going in one direction, so I wouldn't expect any sane buyer to hang around for too long without restructuring the terms to reflect the erosion of worth. Ron will see this not only as a monumental personal defeat but also as a perfect vehicle to deflect blame and weep that the goalposts were moved at the last second while he was in the process of saving the club.

Unlike Ron, Kimura have structured processes that need the be followed, with formal risk procedures that will need to be satisfied. Any gaps will require indemnities to protect them should anything unforeseen occur. If Ron is even vaguely motivated to sell the club, he must make concessions here to allow the deal to conclude. I say "if" he's motivated as the scraps I've heard over the last week or so support other people's assertions that he's trying to ride this out, using the bid interest to try and stimulate some liquidity elsewhere...

Statement of the obvious, but for the sale to proceed with Kimura, it needs to be concluded this week in my humble opinion. The value of the "asset" is only going in one direction, so I wouldn't expect any sane buyer to hang around for too long without restructuring the terms to reflect the erosion of worth. Ron will see this not only as a monumental personal defeat but also as a perfect vehicle to deflect blame and weep that the goalposts were moved at the last second while he was in the process of saving the club.

Unlike Ron, Kimura have structured processes that need the be followed, with formal risk procedures that will need to be satisfied. Any gaps will require indemnities to protect them should anything unforeseen occur. If Ron is even vaguely motivated to sell the club, he must make concessions here to allow the deal to conclude. I say "if" he's motivated as the scraps I've heard over the last week or so support other people's assertions that he's trying to ride this out, using the bid interest to try and stimulate some liquidity elsewhere...
****. This guy is beyond the pale.

As I understood things from the weekend, there was only enough funds to pay 7 players. Discussions took place about who to pay or whether to give reduced amounts to all on the understanding no one would hand notice in. In the end 7 got paid with some agreeing to defer for two weeks and once all this was open knowledge to all the players, they collectively stood up for each other.
I believe they plan not to train until weds when some more funds may become available to pay hopefully all. (Still leaves the unsatisfactory issue of non playing staff).
However, some have had enough. I know at least 2 have handed in notice , two of our less tall striking players, and I believe lomas has had enough regardless of getting paid and is unlikely to return. Travelling is a key factor I hear.
Additionally, the physio still hasn't been paid either so proper training isn't possible.
Weds and the 12th are key days looming.
In the meantime vulture clubs aren't just circling, they're speaking to players.

As I understood things from the weekend, there was only enough funds to pay 7 players. Discussions took place about who to pay or whether to give reduced amounts to all on the understanding no one would hand notice in. In the end 7 got paid with some agreeing to defer for two weeks and once all this was open knowledge to all the players, they collectively stood up for each other.
I believe they plan not to train until weds when some more funds may become available to pay hopefully all. (Still leaves the unsatisfactory issue of non playing staff).
However, some have had enough. I know at least 2 have handed in notice , two of our less tall striking players, and I believe lomas has had enough regardless of getting paid and is unlikely to return. Travelling is a key factor I hear.
Additionally, the physio still hasn't been paid either so proper training isn't possible.
In the meantime vulture clubs aren't just circling, they're speaking to players.
other than that, pre season is going alright then?

Wrong. The price has been agreed. The issue is around the warranties included in the contract, which are based on the DD.
It shows how little I know about buying or selling a business but it seems counterintuitive to agree a price before you've done your research and then try to snag all the loose ends after the fact.

It's probably how it's always been. I just wasn't aware.

Last edited:
could explain why Lomas wasn't at training last week (don't care what Yorkshire Blue says he weren't there).

Less tall - Powell and Wreh? Powell - meh. Wreh - could be worth a pay as you play deal (Edit: I get the irony in this statement )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back