• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less tall - Powell and Wreh? Powell - meh. Wreh - could be worth a pay as you play deal (Edit: I get the irony in this statement )

Powell has same agent as Lapota as well doesn't he? So makes sense he may well be being advised to hand in notice.

Lomas is slightly surprising, at least for footballing reasons, I can understand he probably feels abit miffed at not cementing a starting spot more regularly last season, but with Hobson gone you'd have thought he'd see the opportunity to start more this season.

I think if they hold their nerve, Ron will concede.

I'm more concerned that they walk away.
It will take Ron some time to concede as he will likely have to wrestle with this foreign concept called 'reality' before coming to a conclusion.

Got a gut feeling we'll be sweating on the conclusion of this saga all the way up until next week.

It will take Ron some time to concede as he will likely have to wrestle with this foreign concept called 'reality' before coming to a conclusion.

Got a gut feeling we'll be sweating on the conclusion of this saga all the way up until next week.
I don't think he can afford to wait this time for last minute stuff...It would take time for Kimura to put funds in place if it was left to say next Monday.

Powell has same agent as Lapota as well doesn't he? So makes sense he may well be being advised to hand in notice.

Lomas is slightly surprising, at least for footballing reasons, I can understand he probably feels abit miffed at not cementing a starting spot more regularly last season, but with Hobson gone you'd have thought he'd see the opportunity to start more this season.
I think Lomas has a young kid, doubt he wants to be worrying about whether the next wage packet lands or not.

Ron won’t back down unless a way can be found to make him appear victorious and glorious and it won’t be until the last minute. Hopefully not a minute after the last minute.

We're gonna be even be less well prepared than in 2020/21 aren't we? And we all know what happened then. Even if Ron sells this or next week he has likely already ****ed another season.
Unfortunately yes. Nothing changes until Ron leaves, if anything it continues to get worse, that is the harsh reality. We just need to hope we still have a club in the NL next season and then if/when the new owners take over, we need to support them and all the remaining/new players/staff more than we ever have before and in massive numbers home/away, to make sure we give them the best possible platform of positivity to build on.

Ron won’t back down unless a way can be found to make him appear victorious and glorious and it won’t be until the last minute. Hopefully not a minute after the last minute.
If RM walked away with 20 mill or 10 mill surely that would be enough to see him through his days...Greed, control and his narcissistic temperament are the major factors in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back