• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Divide and conquer. Ron has always been a master at it. These emails trickling to a few individuals is totally premeditated and calculated. He's done it to shift the blame onto the buyer, thus relieving the pressure on himself. The shocking thing is, it's worked on some people. It's made some people demand that Kimura get it done asap, without taking into consideration what Ron has actually dictated in his responses to them.

We all know that he would have demanded ridiculous conditions. This is a man who has survived HMRC on countless occasions, I don't think anyone in the land has done it as many times as him. Those people will hunt any evader down and yet, he has survived. Therefore, this group know that he can wriggle out of the tightest places (contracts with them). They have to be 100% sure their investment and future is safe. No matter how much we want it, it has to be right for them.

Regarding the topic of the strike, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not paid certain players to divide them too. They go on strike and there's further pressure on the buyer to actually buy. I'm not saying that's happened but it really wouldn't be shocking.

What a sorry state of affairs and the absolute worst part of it, I'm all for the strike and the players walking away. It's sickening to admit that. They deserve so much better and there isn't a single sole that can say otherwise (apart from Ron).
I can't see how the responses can be premeditated when people have emailed him?

I also think you're giving Ron way too much credit for trying to be like a Bond villain. He isnt; he's a confused narcissist who once upon a time was the cavalry coming to the rescue. He genuinely can't understand why everyone is now against him.

I can't see how the responses can be premeditated when people have emailed him?

I also think you're giving Ron way too much credit for trying to be like a Bond villain. He isnt; he's a confused narcissist who once upon a time was the cavalry coming to the rescue. He genuinely can't understand why everyone is now against him.
Precisely the problem.

Look up delusion in the dictionary and theres a picture of rm.

Given that one of the more common parts of corporate mergers and acquisitions now is getting appropriate insurance cover in place which can provide indemnity for “unforeseen” or “understated” liabilities (and more more besides) its entirely possible that the purchase and agreement of this cover (usually taken out by seller to protect themselves from future claims) is in itself a real sticking point. I would assume with their background that the new guys would insist on it (as without it they would be reliant on being able to prove and make a claim directly against Ron) but Ron would be hesitant to purchase it (part because it’s bloody expensive but mainly because of the level of disclosure and information that has to be provided to obtain cover). The myriad of layers around ownership of the club would probably make this very difficult

That would fit Ron’s narrative that it’s not down to him (he probably feels he doesn’t need cover) and the new guys have to assess whether they’d be prepared to take on the risk without it (or at least for a price they think represents the risk). This is really nothing at all like purchasing a house!

The “strike” has been discussed all weekend, and I know some of the players were more vocal about it than others, but with how close knit this group is, I expect that it won’t be one or two “striking” (if they go ahead with it), it’ll be all of them.

A one for all and all for one situation.

When they mean strike, they won’t not be doing anything for a length of time. They’ll be doing gym work, ball work, their own fitness training but away from the Club.

I’m fully behind the lads if this is the action they take. Don’t be surprised to see notices going in, a la Lopata, and players leaving if this takeover isn’t resolved soon. Unbelievably, we do still have players waiting to sign for us, but I don’t think they will be for much longer…

I seem to be saying it every week, but this is another massive week for the Club.
Thinking back to the Lopata situation I think I remember that once the strike letter went in weren’t there 14 days to sort it out before he could leave?

I might have imagined that, but if it’s true it would give Ron another deadline (he seems to need deadlines) to hit. One which is close enough to the 12 July to hopefully focus minds on fully and finally resolving the situation by 12 July and not, on the day, going for another adjournment?

Lots of wishful thinking there probably.

Why don’t we all write to him ? I still cannot believe how easy he has it … give me Brighton or blackpool fans anyday over my shrimper brothers and sisters .. all talk and no action

Given that one of the more common parts of corporate mergers and acquisitions now is getting appropriate insurance cover in place which can provide indemnity for “unforeseen” or “understated” liabilities (and more more besides) its entirely possible that the purchase and agreement of this cover (usually taken out by seller to protect themselves from future claims) is in itself a real sticking point. I would assume with their background that the new guys would insist on it (as without it they would be reliant on being able to prove and make a claim directly against Ron) but Ron would be hesitant to purchase it (part because it’s bloody expensive but mainly because of the level of disclosure and information that has to be provided to obtain cover). The myriad of layers around ownership of the club would probably make this very difficult

That would fit Ron’s narrative that it’s not down to him (he probably feels he doesn’t need cover) and the new guys have to assess whether they’d be prepared to take on the risk without it (or at least for a price they think represents the risk). This is really nothing at all like purchasing a house!
I wouldn’t want to be the insurance company indemnifying anyone doing business with Ron. How the hell could they possibly put a sensible premium price on that? Not that I have any love - at all - for the insurance industry.

@Smiffy @Exiled Shrimper Are there some rules, regs or payments we have to have in place by Wednesday when the fixtures come out?

I am hoping the players or staff that do/maybe go on strike does not effect this, although of course you can hardly blame them.
There's nothing specifically about strike action, or indeed concerning any specific payments to be made before the fixtures are released.

However, The FA';s Standardised Rules, which the National League rules, state: "Where a Club defaults in making any payments to any Football Creditor, the Club shall be subject to such penalty as the Board may decide, including, but not limited to, an Embargo; a points deduction; a Bond; a suspension; or any combination thereof."

Part of the definition of Football Creditors is: "Any full time or part time employee of a Club, or former full time or part time employee of a Club, in respect of sums due to such person by way of arrears of remuneration or expenses."

I would be surprised if there was any stipulation of action to be taken by the club concerning the National League prior to fixture release day. Whilst the National League and its members would be inconvenienced by Southend United not being able to fulfil fixtures, it's not as though, at this stage now that the AGM has determined the constitution and The FA have released the National League System allocations, they would be looking to replace us; it would just be a 23-team division.

Equally, I would be stunned if the National League did not request the club pay a Bond (essentially a deposit) to demonstrate wages can be met for a specified period of time. There's precedent for that with the action taken against Gateshead in 2018/19. That would likely be linked to 12th July, rather than fixture release date.

As I mentioned the other day, the National League bared their teeth in late May when they required the accounts to be filed. It's clear their patience is running thin and players potentially going on strike will add to that, but I do think they'll do everything in line with their rules and regulations. Clearly our ongoing situation is frustrating them, but my hunch is that they would impose a points deduction before suspending the club, but I don't particularly fancy finding out if that prediction is accurate.

Divide and conquer. Ron has always been a master at it. These emails trickling to a few individuals is totally premeditated and calculated. He's done it to shift the blame onto the buyer, thus relieving the pressure on himself. The shocking thing is, it's worked on some people. It's made some people demand that Kimura get it done asap, without taking into consideration what Ron has actually dictated in his responses to them.

We all know that he would have demanded ridiculous conditions. This is a man who has survived HMRC on countless occasions, I don't think anyone in the land has done it as many times as him. Those people will hunt any evader down and yet, he has survived. Therefore, this group know that he can wriggle out of the tightest places (contracts with them). They have to be 100% sure their investment and future is safe. No matter how much we want it, it has to be right for them.

Regarding the topic of the strike, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not paid certain players to divide them too. They go on strike and there's further pressure on the buyer to actually buy. I'm not saying that's happened but it really wouldn't be shocking.

What a sorry state of affairs and the absolute worst part of it, I'm all for the strike and the players walking away. It's sickening to admit that. They deserve so much better and there isn't a single sole that can say otherwise (apart from Ron).
100% this. It's clear that he's desperately trying to crank up the pressure on Kimura in an attempt to force their hand. But how do you force someone's hand if they have a corporate responsibility to their shareholders and associated risk policies in place which mean they can't simply swallow Ron's terms?

Instead of all this talk Ron hows about some prpper action .Carry on giveing pointless talk .This sold of the club must happen soon .Or we wont have any players left to able to run a club .You keep on harping about how much you care for the club . then prove it and sell up and let someone eles take on the batton and save our SOUTHENDUNITED .

Another email
I`m fed up with all the emails from Ron Martin trying to make out he has the best interest for the club!!? Try showing that to backroom staff, players, creditors, sponsors, etc...

Call his bluff, let HIM go cap in hand a week Wednesday to the court hearing and let him deal with the outstanding debt that has incurred on his watch.

I`m surprised staff and players have waited so long to take action about not receiving wages, some from 3 months ago. He is literally murdering our club, and cannot blame anyone else, he should have flagged this up years ago and put it up for sale before we ended up in this last minute situation. It is no way to be going into pre season with this hanging over everybody?

Once again, blaming everybody else but himself.

#MartinOut

I`m fed up with all the emails from Ron Martin trying to make out he has the best interest for the club!!? Try showing that to backroom staff, players, creditors, sponsors, etc...

Call his bluff, let HIM go cap in hand a week Wednesday to the court hearing and let him deal with the outstanding debt that has incurred on his watch.

I`m surprised staff and players have waited so long to take action about not receiving wages, some from 3 months ago. He is literally murdering our club, and cannot blame anyone else, he should have flagged this up years ago and put it up for sale before we ended up in this last minute situation. It is no way to be going into pre season with this hanging over everybody?

Once again, blaming everybody else but himself.

#MartinOut
He has never had the club best interests at heart for the last few years all this is down to him no one else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back