• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I doubt it. Tbh, if anything it gives Ron yet another opportunity to say “look, it’s not my fault, it’s his/her/their fault”, if and when we face serious repercussions.

I fully understand the players frustrations and think they have every right to go on strike. But putting the emotion to one side, I have to ask what are the potential knock on effects?

Is there a chance the NL kick us out? They’ve got to be monitoring our situation, and it’ll be yet another blow for our current standing. Staff not paid, players not paid, still under embargo, still several WUP’s against us. Add players going on strike, and it’s a ****show full house.

If this was any other (rival) club, we’d probably all doubt their ability to survive the next few weeks/months, let alone complete the season.

What happens if the NL develop itchy trigger fingers?

If we were demoted, I think the takeover dream would be dead. It’s one thing trying to acquire a National League club in a multi million pound deal, it’s an entirely different ball game expecting the same for a club at Isthmian (or lower) level. That would leave us where? Back to being stuck with Martin once more… albeit only for a short time, because we’d likely be wound up soon after.

Long story short, I don’t blame the players for the situation they’ve been put in, and any action they decide to take has been a long time coming…. but I’m cautious that any strike action may not have the desired affect that many seem to think it will, and in fact could land us in even deeper ****.

Spot on GBJ. Not just the worst time to strike in the history of the club but for players to strike pre-season is absolute nonsense. If anything it puts Kimura under pressure.

A strike is like bombing Middle Eastern country. Sounds great when hatred has been irrationally whipped up but who are you really going to hurt and what outcome are you hoping to achieve?

If Ron wants to sell, and Kimura want to buy, then it’s very easy! Sit round a table, negotiate on anything you’re not happy with and get it done.

Business, any form of business. Buying and selling, is easy as long as both parties are motivated to buy and sell.

As every day goes bye, the more chance we have of this never happening and not having a football club to support becomes real.

When I saw TL he said, RM would have to pay up if not done by the 12th and it would run close to the 12th.

But realistically does he? Or does he hope to turn up at court with a barrister who can twist it that we’re close to being bought? Or if we’re wound up he just goes **** it!

If the players go on strike tomorrow for a week and a deal gets done, we have no signings and a team a week behind on pre season, where’s the value in that for the buyers?

I would love to see tonnes of Southend fans at Boots & Laces supporting the players to STRIKE! In the same way I would every club employee.

I guess buying Southend United football club sounds easy but its the legal details that take far more time than you would think and it may never happen......A bit like making a Southend United football documentary :Cool:

By the way good on you for having a go.

Last edited:
Spot on GBJ. Not just the worst time to strike in the history of the club but for players to strike pre-season is absolute nonsense. If anything it puts Kimura under pressure.

A strike is like bombing Middle Eastern country. Sounds great when hatred has been irrationally whipped up but who are you really going to hurt and what outcome are you hoping to achieve?
You could be right, but a players strike also highlights the fact that RM cannot or will not do the basics at Southend and that, in turn, could lead to tacit pressure from the National League on RM to sell now or never...

You could be right, but a players strike also highlights the fact that RM cannot or will not do the basics at Southend and that, in turn, could lead to tacit pressure from the National League on RM to sell now or never...

Everyone in Football and half the residents of Southend who have never been to game know this.

When the players reported back including Bridge etc I'm sure most of us see that as the best bit of news so far this summer. Almost said to the NL and players who may join we are serious about next season. Not sure a strike in July would do our season any good and Kimura would either have to suffer the price for that or pull out all together.

This was utterly predictable given any past dealings with Ron Martin and the state of his mind which is clearly in a totally different world to those of us who are both sane, and have 1% of empathy.

The man is utterly fkin deluded and the other way this will get sorted out is by pressure which involved bad publicity for him which will come with a strike, and then Kimura giving it a "take it or leave it" now which unless there is another party properly interested will leave him totally in the know you what.

As many on here have said, I am willing to have a rocky start as long as this god awful cretin is gone, never to darken our doors again because he is really worlds apart from the real one and has bene for many years now.

Happy Saturday folks 🤬

I’m done with SZ for the weekend at least. Personally, I think it gets worse before it gets better, and by that I mean players potentially “doing a Lopata”. Be interesting to see who is there on Monday.

Happy Monday folks.

What an eventful few days we have coming up.

Over the weekend, on Saturday, Kimura donated £1,000 to CP Tennis marathon. Seen stuff over the weekend on Twitter, of both CP & Kimura getting stuck for the situation we find ourselves in.

Surely, everyone, and I mean everyone, can see the blame lays at the feet of RM and no one else? Surely we aren’t throwing mud around again to see where it sticks? We did this back in February with Stan, Lopata, the board, TL and so on.

Happy Monday folks.

What an eventful few days we have coming up.

Over the weekend, on Saturday, Kimura donated £1,000 to CP Tennis marathon. Seen stuff over the weekend on Twitter, of both CP & Kimura getting stuck for the situation we find ourselves in.

Surely, everyone, and I mean everyone, can see the blame lays at the feet of RM and no one else? Surely we aren’t throwing mud around again to see where it sticks? We did this back in February with Stan, Lopata, the board, TL and so on.
I would questions their sanity if any Southend fan had any doubt that this piece of **** was not the one holding things up. The only one (self proclaimed fan) is the man himself who lives on planet cookoo with the birds.

So here we are on Monday. Another very key week ahead and you’ll think a deal really needs to be done this week. I’m not so sure it will but I’m still be trying to live in hope the club we love so much can be saved

So here we are on Monday. Another very key week ahead and you’ll think a deal really needs to be done this week. I’m not so sure it will but I’m still be trying to live in hope the club we love so much can be saved
It might not be this week same thing again next week no deal at all worrying times ahead

I'm totally in favour of a strike at this time.
Whether it's players or other club employees, not being paid during these tough financial times must be very worrying for them all and their families - totally unacceptable.

Are those 'few' that have been paid in any danger though in terms of breach of contract ?

I suspect they certainly would be. You can't just 'strike' - there are all sorts of legal processes you need to go through to officially strike.

Probably not just the paid players, but any 'striker' (not centre forward meaning) would be in breach of contract

The “strike” has been discussed all weekend, and I know some of the players were more vocal about it than others, but with how close knit this group is, I expect that it won’t be one or two “striking” (if they go ahead with it), it’ll be all of them.

A one for all and all for one situation.

When they mean strike, they won’t not be doing anything for a length of time. They’ll be doing gym work, ball work, their own fitness training but away from the Club.

I’m fully behind the lads if this is the action they take. Don’t be surprised to see notices going in, a la Lopata, and players leaving if this takeover isn’t resolved soon. Unbelievably, we do still have players waiting to sign for us, but I don’t think they will be for much longer…

I seem to be saying it every week, but this is another massive week for the Club.

If that is true, and frankly, who knows anymore, I don’t think any of us can blame them. They are all young men, many of them with families and all with their own financial obligations. This is torture for all of us, but their livelihoods are at stake. What a desperate state of affairs.
London Shrimper is pretty well connected from what I've heard so the chances are it's true. That doesn't, however, mean it will happen, it just means they might be thinking about it.

I’ve tried to remain positive (or at least not negative), but the club is clearly insolvent, come 12th July we are finished unless the mythical takeover is agreed and signed. If there is any doubt over the takeover then I can’t see the judge offering another stay of execution. Unless RM scraped together the cash and adds it on to the club debt

Divide and conquer. Ron has always been a master at it. These emails trickling to a few individuals is totally premeditated and calculated. He's done it to shift the blame onto the buyer, thus relieving the pressure on himself. The shocking thing is, it's worked on some people. It's made some people demand that Kimura get it done asap, without taking into consideration what Ron has actually dictated in his responses to them.

We all know that he would have demanded ridiculous conditions. This is a man who has survived HMRC on countless occasions, I don't think anyone in the land has done it as many times as him. Those people will hunt any evader down and yet, he has survived. Therefore, this group know that he can wriggle out of the tightest places (contracts with them). They have to be 100% sure their investment and future is safe. No matter how much we want it, it has to be right for them.

Regarding the topic of the strike, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not paid certain players to divide them too. They go on strike and there's further pressure on the buyer to actually buy. I'm not saying that's happened but it really wouldn't be shocking.

What a sorry state of affairs and the absolute worst part of it, I'm all for the strike and the players walking away. It's sickening to admit that. They deserve so much better and there isn't a single sole that can say otherwise (apart from Ron).

Divide and conquer. Ron has always been a master at it. These emails trickling to a few individuals is totally premeditated and calculated. He's done it to shift the blame onto the buyer, thus relieving the pressure on himself. The shocking thing is, it's worked on some people. It's made some people demand that Kimura get it done asap, without taking into consideration what Ron has actually dictated in his responses to them.

We all know that he would have demanded ridiculous conditions. This is a man who has survived HMRC on countless occasions, I don't think anyone in the land has done it as many times as him. Those people will hunt any evader down and yet, he has survived. Therefore, this group know that he can wriggle out of the tightest places (contracts with them). They have to be 100% sure their investment and future is safe. No matter how much we want it, it has to be right for them.

Regarding the topic of the strike, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not paid certain players to divide them too. They go on strike and there's further pressure on the buyer to actually buy. I'm not saying that's happened but it really wouldn't be shocking.

What a sorry state of affairs and the absolute worst part of it, I'm all for the strike and the players walking away. It's sickening to admit that. They deserve so much better and there isn't a single sole that can say otherwise (apart from Ron).
Spot on my friend.

Is it really a 'strike' if you haven't been paid?

Or simply doing the exact amount of work for what you're being compensated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back