• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ron wants to sell, and Kimura want to buy, then it’s very easy! Sit round a table, negotiate on anything you’re not happy with and get it done.

Business, any form of business. Buying and selling, is easy as long as both parties are motivated to buy and sell.

As every day goes bye, the more chance we have of this never happening and not having a football club to support becomes real.

When I saw TL he said, RM would have to pay up if not done by the 12th and it would run close to the 12th.

But realistically does he? Or does he hope to turn up at court with a barrister who can twist it that we’re close to being bought? Or if we’re wound up he just goes **** it!

If the players go on strike tomorrow for a week and a deal gets done, we have no signings and a team a week behind on pre season, where’s the value in that for the buyers?

I would love to see tonnes of Southend fans at Boots & Laces supporting the players to STRIKE! In the same way I would every club employee.

I'm totally in favour of a strike at this time.
Whether it's players or other club employees, not being paid during these tough financial times must be very worrying for them all and their families - totally unacceptable.

Are those 'few' that have been paid in any danger though in terms of breach of contract ?

Could this potentially play a part in the sale being moved along a little quicker? The unintentional contribution to the movement of the sale of the club from the players?

We can only hope.

Personally, I doubt it. Tbh, if anything it gives Ron yet another opportunity to say “look, it’s not my fault, it’s his/her/their fault”, if and when we face serious repercussions.

I fully understand the players frustrations and think they have every right to go on strike. But putting the emotion to one side, I have to ask what are the potential knock on effects?

Is there a chance the NL kick us out? They’ve got to be monitoring our situation, and it’ll be yet another blow for our current standing. Staff not paid, players not paid, still under embargo, still several WUP’s against us. Add players going on strike, and it’s a ****show full house.

If this was any other (rival) club, we’d probably all doubt their ability to survive the next few weeks/months, let alone complete the season.

What happens if the NL develop itchy trigger fingers?

If we were demoted, I think the takeover dream would be dead. It’s one thing trying to acquire a National League club in a multi million pound deal, it’s an entirely different ball game expecting the same for a club at Isthmian (or lower) level. That would leave us where? Back to being stuck with Martin once more… albeit only for a short time, because we’d likely be wound up soon after.

Long story short, I don’t blame the players for the situation they’ve been put in, and any action they decide to take has been a long time coming…. but I’m cautious that any strike action may not have the desired affect that many seem to think it will, and in fact could land us in even deeper ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back