• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definitely Ron Martin on the emails, trust me, I’ve had a run in the past which included an apology call from a club executive 😂
Being a nosey git can I ask what the apology was for?
I'm getting deja Vu when you say an apology call, I want to say it was from Tara O Brady to my dad but I cant remember what for, for the life of me

Being a nosey git can I ask what the apology was for?
I'm getting deja Vu when you say an apology call, I want to say it was from Tara O Brady to my dad but I cant remember what for, for the life of me
He mistakened me for someone with the exact same name when I was in communication with him via email, the said person he mistakened me for at the time was causing a lot of trouble with the club, with protests, etc, I got a formal letter and aggressive email from Ron threatening to ban ME from Roots Hall, in which I had to reply with details for someone to call me (I believe his secretary passed them across) and an exec of the club had to call and apologise for the mistakened identity.

At the time I had posted about it on Twitter and I was asked to remove the post as they had seen I posted about it.

Seems like Ron is already teeing up his excuse if it all goes wrong as the buying parties fault. No one should believe anything that vile scumbag who has proven time and time again that his word is worthless.

Seems like Ron is already teeing up his excuse if it all goes wrong as the buying parties fault. No one should believe anything that vile scumbag who has proven time and time again that his word is worthless.
Its just this sort of post which demeans the forum.

Namecalling is a product of the playground and I can only assume that is where this poster belongs.

Ron 's interest is doing what is best for him which is not finding scapegoats for failure.

Too many posters on here are inarticulate and uneducated . How would they know about buying any business let alone a football club.

Namecalling is a product of the playground and I can only assume that is where this poster belongs.

Ron 's interest is doing what is best for him which is not finding scapegoats for failure.

Too many posters on here are inarticulate and uneducated . How would they know about buying any business let alone a football club.
Having just criticised someone else for name calling, it’s a bit ironic the degree to which you then went in studs up.

Not everybody is an expert in business acquisitions, but they are all Southend fans and all equally worried. This forum is for everyone to take part in, and they should be able to do so without being denigrated.

Having said that, please do join the debate more often - the more input and breadth of backgrounds and views we get, the better.

How Ron has treated his own staff really is vile and disgusting in my opinion. It's not name calling. It's my opinion.

Expecting people to work for you without payment and giving them false promises is disgraceful. He's spent years treating people woefully and causing stress and anxiety for those. Take it you think that's all OK?

Historically Ron has always blamed someone else as a fact. Sounds like your not aware and need to educate yourself.

Last edited:

lol

Idont do name calling .But i do call a spase is a spade the more this goes on the bigger hole ron is digging for hime self .If he is giong to lay the blame on the buyers .We all know that the blame for all the mess our club is in falls on you Ron and no body eles .

The amount of respect you are showing to SZ posters and their opinions is on a par with RM's treatment of others.

Glass houses mate

My take on all this is that Ron is tired of being cast as the bad guy and genuinely believes he is not the issue in this deal. As such there’s no need to hide and a few replies is probably an attempt to deflate further protests.
Ron's always believed that he's not the bad guy, that's why he struggles with fan confrontation - he just doesn't get the frustration.

THE majority of Southend United’s players are still waiting to pick up their pay packets for June.

The Blues squad should have received their salaries on Friday. But most of Kevin Maher’s side did not get paid and have held talks among themselves to discuss their next course of action at the crisis hit club.

Full-time office staff were also not paid ahead of the weekend and many of them have now not received their salaries for three months while members of Maher's backroom team have not been paid for two.

Blues are still restricted by a transfer embargo - which has been in place since September - and are unable to bring in new signings or offer existing players contracts unless the squad size drops below 16.

The Kimura group remain in talks to buy the Shrimpers but Echosport has been told progress has been ‘slow-going’ after it initially seemed a deal was close to being completed.

THE majority of Southend United’s players are still waiting to pick up their pay packets for June.

The Blues squad should have received their salaries on Friday.
But most of Kevin Maher’s side did not get paid and have held talks among themselves to discuss their next course of action at the crisis hit club.

Full-time office staff were also not paid ahead of the weekend and many of them have now not received their salaries for three months while members of Maher's backroom team have not been paid for two.

Blues are still restricted by a transfer embargo - which has been in place since September - and are unable to bring in new signings or offer existing players contracts unless the squad size drops below 16.

The Kimura group remain in talks to buy the Shrimpers but Echosport has been told progress has been ‘slow-going’ after it initially seemed a deal was close to being completed.
What a sadly desperate situation. We knew this takeover would take time which think most of us would accept if it were not for the embargo and despicable treatment of the staff. Kev now working with both hands and one leg tied behind his back and the poor staff yet again going without. Kimura we know are still progressing but at what speed we don’t know. Think like most the hope it could be this week otherwise next week is going to be even more nervous. Fixtures out Wednesday and assuming if we are involved then the NL must be satisfied with whatever is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back