• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel confidant we will know the outcome one way or another this week .

I hope you are right. It does genuinely seem to be Ron replying to the emails (it mimics his style and turn of phrase very well if not), and I suspect that he really is keen to get Southend United off his hands now. However, it is so easy for any seller to overprice based on the investment and lack of return received over the years. So for example someone selling their house places a value on the fitted kitchen that they paid over the odds for 5 years ago without thinking that the new buyer is highly likely to rip it out and replace with a new kitchen to their own taste - so the existing kitchen is valueless to them.

I hope you are right. It does genuinely seem to be Ron replying to the emails (it mimics his style and turn of phrase very well if not), and I suspect that he really is keen to get Southend United off his hands now. However, it is so easy for any seller to overprice based on the investment and lack of return received over the years. So for example someone selling their house places a value on the fitted kitchen that they paid over the odds for 5 years ago without thinking that the new buyer is highly likely to rip it out and replace with a new kitchen to their own taste - so the existing kitchen is valueless to them.
Or based on fantasy valuations, with the industry financial models bent so far out of shape by Ron’s hotch potch structure, the condition of the assets, the many weaknesses in the Fossetts plans, and add on top a Gollum-like mania for ‘the art of the deal’ (🙄) and needing to feel that he can walk away having ‘won’ the negotiations. Bet your bottom dollar some of this stuff is in the mix somewhere.

Whereas, Kimura are a regulated entity whose business revolves around making (and being seen to make) sound investments. They cannot afford (literally) to be partially unsighted on the finances / legal shenanigans, especially if they have not been meaningfully indemnified by Ron in some way.

SUFC could be an amazing investment - on financial terms as much as anything else - quite clearly. Two or three promotions and you’re talking a serious valuation on the club especially if Fossetts can be delivered.

Let’s hope this is the week where cool heads prevail, and both sides force themselves to agree on a decent Goldilocks deal - financially and legally - rather than holding out for something that’s way too hot (Ron) or far too cold (Kimura).

They will all be fully aware of this of course. It’s just a shame that in life it so often seems to need there to be a drop dead date, and for that date to be upon us, before people are prepared to really give a little to get this done.

my only concern with the authenticity of these email replies is - who answers work emails on a Saturday and Sunday. I blooming don’t! 😂

While it's great that people are getting direct responses on email, Would have have been much easier just to put out a statement on the official site that covered the main points.

Communication has never been a strong point of the RM era, and the final days are no exception.
He’s his own worst enemy in so many ways. Even without any extra business competence, if he just communicated well there wouldn’t be half as much antagonism towards him (setting aside the staff wages and HMRC scandals for a moment). As it is, his comms really do make it look like he genuinely couldn’t give a toss.

Just got this reply from Ron;

Dear Barry,

I am the biggest sh1thouse football club owner out there and have zero empathy with anything, except for mind and my weasel sons bank account.

You lot have been the thorn in my side for years, and I wish you all a slow death, just after a big number two after eating a hedgehog pie.

I've got the morals of an alley cat when it comes to paying people especially those peasants on minimum wage, am so mean that I wake up in the night to make sure I haven't lost any sleep, I won't even spend the time of day and I now make the old lady shout "ding dong" when the boy comes home from work, the tally man turns up for his money or that wretched mob of football fans turn up on Saturdays.

I'm taking great pleasure of stringing this out until the death, making everyone around me suffer because that's the type of bloke I am ie; a complete sh1thouse.

See you in court,

Ron.

My take on all this is that Ron is tired of being cast as the bad guy and genuinely believes he is not the issue in this deal. As such there’s no need to hide and a few replies is probably an attempt to deflate further protests.
The problem is we've been here before around planning permission, with the council saying they need more info and Ron being frustrated with them.

It seems to be "same ****, different scenario".

The problem is we've been here before around planning permission, with the council saying they need more info and Ron being frustrated with them.

It seems to be "same ****, different scenario".
Yes. Or the number of clubs, agents or players who refuse to do business with him / us.

See reply to point one re NDAs. Do a Google search on NDAs. Understand what a freaking NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT actually means.

Not that this will stop around 4-500 speculative and in some cases bull**** posts on a daily basis.

Frankly I’m getting sick and tired of too misinformed muppets. We ALL want the club to survive and survive and thrive IT WILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back