• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Kimura I would then say good luck, we’re out. Ron would be holding a Royal Flush only in his demented fantasies. There is no deal that could happen on 11th July that couldn’t happen now. The club will just be worth even less on 11th.
You’d imagine any offer has a time limit wouldn’t you ? 30th June would have been a good date but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I assume we'll see on Monday who the 9 are based on who turns up

I don't think that will be any indication as they are still contracted till the end of their notice. Doubt they will be advised to breach the contracts they have handed in their notice on for the club breaching.

The third horse that was alluded to is HMRC
No, that is not him . His owner is decent and honest but unfortunately does not have a lot of cash to splash . He will absolutely change our image in the footballing world and SUFC will become highly respected once again . One of his backers is a lender of last resort so it becomes very problematical if he is up against purely commercial bidders . Of course a bidder like Kimura may now be taking a major interest in the property element of the scheme - just like Carl did . This is not what we want - it is only the footballing assets that the fans should worry about because they are a community asset and need to be preserved. This should not be primarily a residential homes deal .

Whilst I fully understand the frustration and anger, I'm firmly in the 'against a protest' catagory. It won't change anything and seriously risks doing more harm than good at an obviously sensitive negotiating time.
Everyone has the right to change opinion, no? So, in view of the recent turn of events and the awful rumours circulating, I have changed m'y opinion and am now in favour of protests. We need to get this cancer out of our club, any thought that Martin could continue his association with Southend United in any form is completely unacceptable.

The only hope we have is that the kimura lawyers are working to the max to get this done… kimura have spent a small fortune on dd …. That’s the hope… 🙏🏻

That's my hope too. I hope the players handing in their notice is the catalyst for both sides to work to get this done. Whilst it's a bargaining chip for Kimura they won't want the players walking prior to sale as it becomes a very different purchase with its own costs and hurdles.

No, that is not him . His owner is decent and honest but unfortunately does not have a lot of cash to splash . He will absolutely change our image in the footballing world and SUFC will become highly respected once again . One of his backers is a lender of last resort so it becomes very problematical if he is up against purely commercial bidders . Of course a bidder like Kimura may now be taking a major interest in the property element of the scheme - just like Carl did . This is not what we want - it is only the footballing assets that the fans should worry about because they are a community asset and need to be preserved. This should not be primarily a residential homes deal .

What on earth are you waffling on about :ROFL:

I think Clairvoyant is guessing a third party (maybe Tom or Stan or both) are in the wings waiting to have a shot at this if the leading contenders decide they’re out. I imagine any deal will be dependent on a large dose of sentiment on the buyers side because it’s difficult to imagine any hard nosed commercial deal that focuses only on football.

I think the criticism of the Trust and the other protest groups is very unfair. They have been very active this year and trying to plan ahead, often with very limited and qualified support from some of the more vocal posters on SZ.

It is very difficult to provide leadership to people in the best of circumstances. It's practically impossible when faced with a hard core who can't really be bothered to follow, thus undermining the very people who are trying to represent them..

Just been posted by the protest guys. They are going to be there again next week. Please please please get behind this and get involved.. the bottom line says all you need to hear

What a **** statement as per usual from that circus. Of course Ron is going to get security in when a pre-planned of potentially alcohol drinking lads are going to stand outside his house.

I don't get what they expect Ron to do or say? If he came out, he would probably tell a lie and the 'protestors' wouldn't believe him and just shout at him regardless.

What a **** statement as per usual from that circus. Of course Ron is going to get security in when a pre-planned of potentially alcohol drinking lads are going to stand outside his house.

I don't get what they expect Ron to do or say? If he came out, he would probably tell a lie and the 'protestors' wouldn't believe him and just shout at him regardless.
This is really harsh. I’m not generally someone to man protests or picket lines, but we are days away from accidentally going out of business if Ron can’t agree with any of the bidders or find the needed funds by that date.

If ever there was a time to protest, I think this must be it. If the worst happens, I would definitely prefer being able to say I’d made an effort and joined the protest. Unfortunately I haven’t as I don’t live in the area and couldn’t be there today, but I must say I’m thinking about joining the next one if I possibly can.

No alcohol in sight today just FYI.. just people who care for there club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back