• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard about this earlier this morning and thought to myself it’s only a matter of time before and quite rightly so that the ones sidelined would kick off. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if those trying to buy the club are being hampered by Ron over the DD side of things.

Lost for words really, complete cluster fk x 10

Agreed, this is why I think it's a waste of time trying to get them involved.

For all concerned I have just emailed them. Essentially begging them to step up and organise something more than just a few statements.

I absolutely love this club and have ever since I was born. I refuse to let Ron Martin get away with his treatment of us the fans. His staff, and anyone who has to deal with him
I would of loved to of been at that protest today but with a kid to look after it’s hard to find that free time coz with the anger I have for that man I wouldn’t want the kid to be around . But this is very much last chance saloon and would do my absolute best to try help save my football club

Sorry, charity event or not, if your career as a football manager at Southend is about to come to an end there is no way, you would look that happy, relaxed and chilled.
maybe Neil Harris who was also in that pic has said ‘f * ck SUFC Kev come and join me at Gills i’ll get you a job’ 🤔😂

The 9 players was an obvious outcome. 14 days to sort it out or goodnight Vienna. If the club is bought, debts paid off I’d be confident most of those will get torn up.

If the club isn’t sold, another adjournment then they will go.

It’s more pressure for the outcome we all want and the club needs.

I am sorry but that is simply not the case . It is a game of poker and Ron is holding a Royal Flush . He will not blink and he will make no meaningful concessions . It is Kimura that faces the clear ultimatum . They either pay the full bid price or they are effectively out of the game . After 25 years of effort Ron will not be shafted and rightly so IMP .
Takes a very special kind of bitterness to come and troll fans who may be days away from losing their club. Perhaps wind your neck in a bit eh?

Sorry, charity event or not, if your career as a football manager at Southend is about to come to an end there is no way, you would look that happy, relaxed and chilled.
Why not? It's not like his job is under threat because of something he's done, it's completely out of Maher's hands. It seems pretty healthy to not worry about things you can't control.

I would of loved to of been at that protest today but with a kid to look after it’s hard to find that free time coz with the anger I have for that man I wouldn’t want the kid to be around . But this is very much last chance saloon and would do my absolute best to try help save my football club
I don't think we have time to wait for the trust to actually get something organised personally

People on here seem to be very against the lads running the Southend protest groups on twitter?

So if it was something organised by a notable name on shrimperzone. No drunk ****s but a proper protest that actually makes a difference in terms of noise and number maybe people would be more interested?

It would have to come from someone of note on here

I am sorry but that is simply not the case . It is a game of poker and Ron is holding a Royal Flush . He will not blink and he will make no meaningful concessions . It is Kimura that faces the clear ultimatum . They either pay the full bid price or they are effectively out of the game . After 25 years of effort Ron will not be shafted and rightly so IMP .
Or they hold firm and Ron gets nothing

Ron thinks he is control but he isn't

So the way I understand it ultimately nothing has changed?

Come the 12th either
1. We have been sold = problem solved?
2. Ron pays everyone = kicks problem down the road
3. Court winds us up
4. Court gives an unlikely adjournment, the players become free agents a couple of days later and the court might as well have wound us up

11th hour scenario is upon us someone has to give way or the outcome is unthinkable!

Attachments

• brinkmanship.png
    brinkmanship.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
If the takeover goes through and we get stability once again, I really hope the new regime get all the non playing staff to join the squad to complete a lap of honour first home game of the season. Anybody in the current climate who has kept going in these circumstances deserve a huge moment of appreciation from us all in thanks for keeping our club running. All employees of our beloved club have been treated with utter disdain.

You don't do fishing, but you'll glibly make an oblique reference to something your mate tells you a fair amount of time before he decides it's appropriate to tell the forum at large. Sure you don't do fishing.
I think the point is probably made now - to be fair we probably all need to just take extra care and be a little extra considerate with our posts (mods included).

It’s clearly a worrying time but let’s all try to get along, as we’re all in this **** together.

Who put 50p in the ****?
Which one of Ron's lapdogs are you?

Forgive me mods but I feel this needs addressing.

You’re a ****er.

The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back