• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he clinch onto something he simply does not have the money for? It baffles me to think he has the facilties to carry this on, what goes through this mans head?

Why would he clinch onto something he simply does not have the money for? It baffles me to think he has the facilties to carry this on, what goes through this mans head?
Maybe it's like Hitler's final days in the bunker, moving troops and divisions (that by then only exist in his head) around on the map and scenting a last-minute victory plucked from the jaws of defeat. With his generals and henchmen still too scared to disabuse him.

(Cue someone with greater computer skills than me downloading a suitably edited version of "that scene" from "Downfall")

Yep, all this "if the deal isn't done by the 12th, I'll sell some land and clear the debt personally" is a load of bull. Selling land also takes time, its not like he can take it to Cash Converters to raise some cash quick! Can't see the judge allowing that as a reason to adjourn unfortunately.
Agreed, but I just wonder if he's been using the time since the last WUO to get deals in place to raise the monies and using the potential sale as a smoke screen? Dearly hope I'm wrong and just feeling to pessimistic.

From the guidance, I think it was FIFA website or something, that certainly appeared to be the case, I think it needed to be repeated lateness rather than a one off. But Lapota managed to get his contract null and voided after much less time, I think by the time it became public knowledge the club was already going to appeal, and just before the appeal the wages were brought up to date, from memory around 1 month late.

Out of contract players can obviously walk now. The unpaid players I imagine could start the process of claiming breach of contract - I don't think a legal expert would advise to not turn up on Monday - and from Lapotas experience get a judgement within a couple of weeks
I don’t think so. Yes the FIFA rules appeared clear but it also appears they don’t apply. We discovered from the Lopata debacle, contrary to what those FIFA rules appeared to say, players at our level (and quite possibly others in England e.g. EFL) can give notice of breach after 14 days. (Note no-one could find anywhere this was written in the FA rules?)
In fact the FA appear to dislike contracts for some reason. Even to the extent they disgracefully came up with the idea that if a player on a contract got injured the clubs would only have to give full pay for a limited time irrespective of contract length…

I think it’s 28 days, that’s what Kasper used anyway.
I he gave a “14 day notice”. It might be once notice is given you have 14 days to pay. So he gave notice after 14 days and so could leave if he hadn’t been paid after 28

I am hearing 9 players have handed in or will be handing in notices.

Trying to find out more.
I assume the amount being argued about (gap) between Kimura and Ron financially must be very significant. It would be utterly absurd if it weren’t, as the cost of the damage being done to the club by the delay would far outweigh any “benefit” achieved by playing hard ball.
I would think the current scenario must result in a clear ultimatum from Kimura. The situation is unsustainable…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back